HP-41 module disassembly
01-05-2014, 07:29 PM
HP-41 module disassembly
I want to open up a HP-41 memory module (HP 82106A) to use as the case for a USB power option. What is the correct way to open up a memory module?

I would rather learn from those who have tried this before then damage the module by mistake.

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: HP-41 module disassembly
I found the answer in the old forums

http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...read=76208

http://www.hpmuseum.org/guest/klug/dblxmem.pdf
01-06-2014, 02:38 AM
Quote:I want to open up a HP-41 memory module (HP 82106A) to use as the case for a USB power option. 

Maybe you've got it all figured out how you want to install your USB connector into the module housing. If not, and wouldn't mind seeing some ideas, this is how I made mine, using information from a few of the gentlemen that paved the way (see links at the beginning of the post).

Note, as Diego pointed out, due to the scarcity of the 41-series modules, there are more "productive" uses for these modules.
01-06-2014, 05:12 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 05:31 AM by Diego Diaz.)
Hi Nate,

Here you are some info and pics of the crack-opening procedure:

They can be opened by prying (gently but firmly) in the connector's slot.

Better results are obtained by working on the ends of the slot, not in the center.

I've attached some pics of the procedure using a long nose pliers.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your 41s.

Diego.

....mmm.... seems that I'm not too handy with the "attachments"... will give it a second try in short...

The first attachment should be the last picture, the 2nd attmn shoud be the first pic and the 3rd attmn should be the 2nd pic.

Ok, I quit. Please some other user with more expertise let me know how to include attachments in the order I want, instead of some (random?) decision, seems that are ordered by size crescending... !?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

"Do not suppose, check it twice."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)