Bug??
03-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Bug??
Hi all

I have a little problem with my new calculator. I have my calculator since Nov 2014 and until 5 days ago work just fine. In these last 5 days whem i make a calculation (for example 1/9) i have to hit several times in ENTER to show te result and when the result is show with like this:,0.1111111111).
The calculator is updated.

What seems to be the problem?
Anyone knows?

I will apreciate any response.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Bug??
Sounds like memory corruption perhaps.

I have had to resort to holding 'ON' while pushing 'Symb' (On + Symb) reset, at times like these; and sometimes even go so far as to hold down the C-F-O keys while turning on the calc, and use option 3 (Format Disk C), when things get so messed up, it seems the calc has become totally haunted by extra-terrestrial, ancient alien astronauts.

Every time that has happened, one of the above returns, seemingly, some semblance of sanity; at least until the next firmware release.

Good Luck,

-Dale-
03-03-2015, 03:21 PM
(03-03-2015 01:46 PM)DrD Wrote:  Sounds like memory corruption perhaps.

I have had to resort to holding 'ON' while pushing 'Symb' (On + Symb) reset, at times like these; and sometimes even go so far as to hold down the C-F-O keys while turning on the calc, and use option 3 (Format Disk C), when things get so messed up, it seems the calc has become totally haunted by extra-terrestrial, ancient alien astronauts.

Every time that has happened, one of the above returns, seemingly, some semblance of sanity; at least until the next firmware release.

Good Luck,

-Dale-

Could I have found a member more irritated by the Prime than I am?
03-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Not me...I love this thing. When things go crazy, I just go with the flow, (and lean on Tim or Han's great expertise), when unable to find a solution myself. There have been only a few times when its ever reached that point.

I've always considered that being an early product adopter comes with a certain realization that there will be growing pains, and not let those issues get me down. Besides, it's only a few bucks at risk here, governmental agencies steal vastly more than that from me, so what's to complain about?

I find that I can do way more WITH this thing, than without. So it's a net gain, as far as I'm concerned. This forum, alone, has been quite valuable, and I am one of those hp customers that has been in their calculator market share since the first days of hp-25. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

To paraphrase Holy Joe, "we're all here to learn!" (From somewhere within the bowels of this forum).

-Dale-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)