HP67 black cable broken
02-25-2015, 09:04 PM
HP67 black cable broken
Good evening HP fans,

today I have started a big project. I have repaired the card reader of my HP67. Thanks a lot to Miles Davis.
Unfortunately a black cable is broken during this work.
Does anybody knows, where this black cable has to be fit to?

Hope you can help.

Kind regards
Uli from Northern Germany
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-25-2015, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 09:19 PM by Geoff Quickfall.)
RE: HP67 black cable broken
First, always take pictures as you disassemble. Now that the lecture is finished :-)

The solder point directly adjacent to the red +ve power wire immediately to the right in the first photo.

Also, is that blue copper sulphate residue on the other solder points? If so clean it off before reassembly.

Geoff

A caveat, their are a few different circuit boards floating around and the contact of -ve and +ve may be reversed. Since the red wire is still attached it is obvious in this case. More need to photo all aspects during disassembly!
02-25-2015, 09:23 PM
Hi Geoff,

to make no mistakes. This one? See white arrow.

The "blue" is no cupper. Only reflections.

Many Thanks
Uli
02-26-2015, 12:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2015 12:39 AM by Geoff Quickfall.)
Yes! Under a magnifier you should see part of the remaining black wire in the centre. So vacuum up the solder with a de solder bulb or braid.

Then retin and solder when ready.

I actually de solder these prior to restoration so that I can clean the keyboard separately from the framework housing.

Cheers, Geoff

Another trick, if the solder points at the receptacle end need new wiring, plug the charger/wall wart into the calc but not the wall! This will hold the pins in place when you heat the solder.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)