Comparing 15c ans 35s
02-16-2015, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 01:40 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Comparing 15c ans 35s
(02-15-2015 07:31 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  My cat has made a choice and the winner is:
[Image: 54vri9.jpg]

... most accountant cats would choose the 12C ;-)

PS My cat pounces on whatever calc I have out there... if she thinks I want to use it.

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2015, 08:37 AM
I have to confess one thing... yesterday I have been coding the 15C, was a long time I didn't do that and I found the coding of keys extremely cumbersome. Also when entering whatever constant, I see one line of code sucked for every single digit. I remember when I was a student, I had all constants stored into variables to avoid this. By comparison, the 35s is really another generation and I got used to it very quickly.
02-16-2015, 09:19 AM
(02-16-2015 08:37 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  I have to confess one thing... yesterday I have been coding the 15C, was a long time I didn't do that and I found the coding of keys extremely cumbersome. Also when entering whatever constant, I see one line of code sucked for every single digit. I remember when I was a student, I had all constants stored into variables to avoid this. By comparison, the 35s is really another generation and I got used to it very quickly.

The 41C was already in another class, even before the 15C.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2015, 11:24 PM
If you look at the 15C Advanced Functions Handbook, it at least touches on the subject of the numerical accuracy of the mathematical routines it uses. In fact, I believe there was a chapter devoted to it.

This in my view indicates the level of care and concern the designers had in describing the limitations of the calculations to the owner. I never did get that feeling from the 35S manual.

Mathematics Written in Sand

-- Sanjeev Visvanatha
02-18-2015, 07:59 AM
(02-17-2015 11:24 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  If you look at the 15C Advanced Functions Handbook, it at least touches on the subject of the numerical accuracy of the mathematical routines it uses. In fact, I believe there was a chapter devoted to it.

Please remember that person doen't like reading. He wants to get it pre-chewed by us (like Reader's Digest, in a way).

Confused
02-18-2015, 08:04 AM
(02-18-2015 07:59 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(02-17-2015 11:24 PM)Sanjeev Visvanatha Wrote:  If you look at the 15C Advanced Functions Handbook, it at least touches on the subject of the numerical accuracy of the mathematical routines it uses. In fact, I believe there was a chapter devoted to it.

Please remember that person doen't like reading. He wants to get it pre-chewed by us (like Reader's Digest, in a way).

Confused

No no no... I loved that article... read the whole darn thing (~very cool). Well, I had to do something while I drank my coffee...

Smile

Kind regards,
marcus

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)