Dude HP Prime- 50 G in my house.
02-02-2015, 03:25 AM
Dude HP Prime- 50 G in my house.
I come from here

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-2987.html

Hi, this is my first post and i have a question.

My family gave me, for use in college, One HP 50G.
however, two days ago for An Offer, my girlfriend buys me one hp prime for a price of 70 €.

The only drawback, is the model NW280AA B1S. Is it much worse than G8X92AA? What is the difference?
I have read a lot but I have not clarified. Is it better to return it to the store?

Sorry for my english
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2015, 04:50 AM
RE: Dude HP Prime- 50 G in my house.
The calculators are the same, except the G8X92AA has an option for wireless connectivity (wifi). Also, the DataStreamer application requires wifi, and is disabled on the NW280AA.
02-02-2015, 05:18 AM
It's not exactly WiFi, it's a proprietary wireless link. The chipset used was mentioned somewhere along the way, I think maybe it was using a NRF24 series chip.

I don't think they've ever been exactly clear why the DataStreamer doesn't work, but I think there was some security problem with USB OTG in the old device that was fixed in the newer version by substituting in a different USB chip.

If you don't care about wireless or Datastreamer, it's a fine machine. It's still the only version available in the US. My guess is they think they're not as likely to take over from TI here and are dumping us all the old stock while they roll out the new ones to other markets. ;-)

Anyway, there are very few differences in the hardware revisions.
02-02-2015, 01:43 PM
(02-02-2015 04:50 AM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  Also, the DataStreamer application requires wifi, and is disabled on the NW280AA.

It is purely the "usb host" (aka: providing power to a device on the other end of the cable) that had an issue. Hence wireless (host to a little dongle), unit to unit (host to another device), and datastremer (host to the streamer) that was impacted.

So yes, I doubt the OP would have any issues as others have stated.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-02-2015, 11:22 PM
For What He Understood, the problem is when connected between calculators, But I can use all other features.
I believed that my calculator could not use characteristics, for example, some programs or some difficult symbolic computation
02-03-2015, 12:16 AM
(02-02-2015 11:22 PM)aguademar Wrote:  For What He Understood, the problem is when connected between calculators, But I can use all other features.
I believed that my calculator could not use characteristics, for example, some programs or some difficult symbolic computation

No, it's fine. Except for the USB connectivity differences discussed, the Rev A hardware is 100% compatible with all the latest software upgrades, all user programs, runs the same speed, works with ConnKit, etc.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)