Question to HP-35 owners
02-09-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Question to HP-35 owners
(02-09-2015 09:12 AM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Great find! This also confirms that the correct spelling is "Inscheniör", not "Inschenör".

Almost. The official spelling is "Ingenieur" which is just pronounced next to "Inscheniör". According to the saying: "Gestern wusste ich noch nicht einmal, wie man Ingenieur schreibt, und heute bin ich selber einer" (~ yesterday I didn't even know how to spell engineer - today I am one myself). It goes without saying that (in)correct spelling is an indicator of (lack of) education in Germany.

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 11:33 AM
(02-09-2015 10:01 AM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 09:08 AM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Time to reveal a peek preview of the next version of RPN-35 SD (see attachment.)
And yes, when you tap a key, the unlit decimal point appears for 100 ms.

Do you want to show the dots when the iPhone batteries are low? In the HP manual is written, that you will have 2 to 5 minutes left, after the dots appear, and using the calculator beyond this time may result in wrong answers - quite a challenge.

Bernhard

There's no way I can find out how many minutes the iPhone has left , so I turn the dots on when the charge drops below 5%. Starting to charge the iPhone turns the dots off immediately.
Of course, I could introduce random errors while the battery warning is up, but I guess that would be taking the idea of simulation too far... ;-)
02-09-2015, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 11:40 AM by Willy R. Kunz.)
(02-09-2015 10:27 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 09:12 AM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  Great find! This also confirms that the correct spelling is "Inscheniör", not "Inschenör".

Almost. The official spelling is "Ingenieur" which is just pronounced next to "Inscheniör". According to the saying: "Gestern wusste ich noch nicht einmal, wie man Ingenieur schreibt, und heute bin ich selber einer" (~ yesterday I didn't even know how to spell engineer - today I am one myself). It goes without saying that (in)correct spelling is an indicator of (lack of) education in Germany.

Couldn't agree more. I got my education in Switzerland, so I'm kind of German-challenged... We do know how to write Ingenieur, though. (At least my diploma agrees with your spelling).

P.S. My comment was referring to Dr. Erika Fuchs' spelling of Ingenieur.
02-09-2015, 12:14 PM
(02-09-2015 11:39 AM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  We do know how to write Ingenieur, though. (At least my diploma agrees with your spelling).

So you're an Ingenieur ETH ? Sorry, I didn't know about your Swiss background so I was carrying owls to Athens (or coals to Newcastle). And yes, Mrs. Fuchs was a great translator.

02-09-2015, 01:40 PM
(02-09-2015 12:14 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:39 AM)Willy R. Kunz Wrote:  We do know how to write Ingenieur, though. (At least my diploma agrees with your spelling).

So you're an Ingenieur ETH ? Sorry, I didn't know about your Swiss background so I was carrying owls to Athens (or coals to Newcastle). And yes, Mrs. Fuchs was a great translator.

Or water to the Rhine... Correct about ETH. Elektroingenieur since 1973. When they taught about vacuum tubes along with the new-fangled transistors.

:-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)