HP 35 Red Dot auction
12-18-2014, 03:03 AM
HP 35 Red Dot auction
There's another HP 35 Version 1 (Red Dot) being auctioned on eBay, which is complete and appears to be legitimate. All accessories appear to be original with the exception of the charger. It is claimed to be a one-owner, but it's unclear if the seller is also the original purchaser. What i find interesting is that the seller's location is only about 20 miles from where I live, although I don't have any idea who this person might be. Needless to say, it's not me.

If you are interested in looking at it, the auction item number is 181613946250.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2014, 03:08 AM
RE: HP 35 Red Dot auction
It looks like a nice one and totally legit. Note that the manual also shows the "red dot" on the cover. This was the case on only the first printing run from what I can tell, so that's nice to have as well.

-katie

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2014, 03:14 AM
(12-18-2014 03:08 AM)Katie Wasserman Wrote:  It looks like a nice one and totally legit. Note that the manual also shows the "red dot" on the cover. This was the case on only the first printing run from what I can tell, so that's nice to have as well.

Mine also has the "red dot" manual, which curiously is black, as are the LEDs.
12-18-2014, 07:13 AM
(12-18-2014 03:14 AM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  Mine also has the "red dot" manual, which curiously is black, as are the LEDs.

Exactly.
As in the auction's pictures.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2014, 03:57 PM
It's hard to tell if the case is original. The early ones had an indentation for the smaller AC adapters. The later adapters (as shown in the auction) do not fit in the early cases. Or at least no very well....
12-18-2014, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2014 05:09 PM by Michael de Estrada.)
(12-18-2014 03:57 PM)aj04062 Wrote:  It's hard to tell if the case is original. The early ones had an indentation for the smaller AC adapters. The later adapters (as shown in the auction) do not fit in the early cases. Or at least no very well....

That is definitely an original V1 case. The later version cases were notched at the bottom of the area where the calculator is placed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)