New Version: 2014.1203
12-03-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: New Version: 2014.1124
(12-03-2014 11:55 AM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  I run both the conn kit and the emulator in a Parallels virtual machine with XP. The firmware update works fine in this configuration without any special tricks. A Mac version of the software would be fine, nonetheless.

I, too, have Parallels, but I have not been able to do an upgrade with the Connectivity Kit. My problem seems to arise when the Connectivity Kit orders the Prime to switch USB mode. The Connectivity Kit then never discovers the Prime as a USB drive, so I have to do as detailed here: http://wiki.hp-prime.de/index.php?title=...are-Update.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 12:45 PM
(12-03-2014 12:06 PM)lenborje Wrote:  I, too, have Parallels, but I have not been able to do an upgrade with the Connectivity Kit. My problem seems to arise when the Connectivity Kit orders the Prime to switch USB mode.

Just this switch worked fine yesterday. It might be a Parallels version issue. I'm running version 9.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
12-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Updated everything w/o any problems. It looks like you have restored the ability to upload (send) programs, apps etc. from the physical Prime (hardware version A) to the virtual Prime again, which was lost in the previous major update. So, does this mean that if I buy a second regular (non-wireless) Prime, I will be able to send/receive between them via micro USB ?
12-03-2014, 05:44 PM
(12-03-2014 05:42 PM)Michael de Estrada Wrote:  So, does this mean that if I buy a second regular (non-wireless) Prime, I will be able to send/receive between them via micro USB ?

No. USB host is disabled on the Rev A units. Prior to the communication work that went into this update we had no way to determine which end of the communication the device was on and hence it had to be blocked with a ban hammer.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I must be doing something wrong.

I already have "HP Connectivity Kit" build 2014 11 24 Rev 6940 and "HP Prime Virtual Calculator" 2014 11 24 Rev 6940, so the only thing to do is to update my physical HP Prime 2014 7 2 (6031).

I plug the calculator in, and an "Update firmware" dialog box pops up. I click "Backup" and that seems to work (produced a 20 Kb zip file). I then select "Update" and the calculator screen changes to show the "hp" logo and a message across the top: "HP Prime recovery mode V13" and on the PC a "Firmware update" dialog box pops up where it's "Waiting for connection ..." on C:/Users/meb/Documents/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware/PRIME_APP.DAT. There is a progress meter, but after several minutes of waiting, the meter hasn't progressed.

So I cancel this, reset the calculator with a paper clip to get out of recovery mode, and download the HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20141124.zip file from the FTP site that Tim mentioned above, but now I don't know what to do with the zip file, or what I should do next.

Help?
12-03-2014, 06:47 PM
(12-03-2014 01:20 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  restart() will (should?) clear them all out and reset CAS stuff. However, that will cause things to be lost if you don't have them elsewhere.

It seems "restart()" does not work in CAS. It works in Home, but it fails to clean all variables.
12-03-2014, 06:48 PM
U0 term possibility in SEQUENCE app will be present in the next 2015 firmware.

http://mic.nic.free.fr - Youtube - Facebook
12-03-2014, 07:05 PM
(12-03-2014 06:47 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 01:20 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  restart() will (should?) clear them all out and reset CAS stuff. However, that will cause things to be lost if you don't have them elsewhere.

It seems "restart()" does not work in CAS. It works in Home, but it fails to clean all variables.

restart() requires an argument in CAS. Try restart(x). I use that often.

I should submit a bug report on that ... the help file is no help, and the example syntax doesn't work.
12-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I think the actual command is just:

restart;

That should do it for you.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Thank you HP Team for this update. The work and intention count a lot.
I´m checking some bugs that concerned me in the old firmware. They work fine now.
What kills me more is the square button in RPN. It´s an unexpected bug, and it´s very striking.

And finally my wildest hopes of an HP50 emulator inside the HP Prime for using tons and tons of great programs is always on my thoughts every time I read the updates document.

Keep on working like this. Thank you.
12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
I really like the New Layout of the handbook. I did not read and Check the content, but it Looks a Lot cleaner.
12-03-2014, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 09:46 PM by DrD.)
(12-03-2014 08:27 PM)Han Wrote:  I think the actual command is just:

restart;

That should do it for you.

Han,

Unless you know of another way to invoke it, restart does NOT work in EMU CAS view. Additionally, if you use Tools | Catlg | restart, it will enter restart(), for which, given no alphanumeric argument, the big red restart() pop up warning will be your reward.

This is a function I use all the time, and this has been my experience with it so far. (Version 6940)

On the hardware calc, CAS view restart does clear the vars, but when called via the Tools, it's still presented as restart(), and by itself, still generates an error pop up

-Dale-
12-03-2014, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 10:13 PM by Han.)
(12-03-2014 09:03 PM)DrD Wrote:  Han,

Unless you know of another way to invoke it, restart does NOT work in EMU CAS view. Additionally, if you use Tools | Catlg | restart, it will enter restart(), for which, given no alphanumeric argument, the big red restart() pop up warning will be your reward.

This is a function I use all the time, and this has been my experience with it so far. (Version 6940)

On the hardware calc, CAS view restart does clear the vars, but when called via the Tools, it's still presented as restart(), and by itself, still generates an error pop up

-Dale-

I'm not disagreeing -- just suggesting that we use restart without the ()'s to clear the variables. I just type it out.

Edit: So are you still seeing CAS variables even after using restart -- without parentheses?

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
12-04-2014, 04:51 AM
(12-03-2014 06:31 PM)mbeddo Wrote:  I must be doing something wrong.

I already have "HP Connectivity Kit" build 2014 11 24 Rev 6940 and "HP Prime Virtual Calculator" 2014 11 24 Rev 6940, so the only thing to do is to update my physical HP Prime 2014 7 2 (6031).

I plug the calculator in, and an "Update firmware" dialog box pops up. I click "Backup" and that seems to work (produced a 20 Kb zip file). I then select "Update" and the calculator screen changes to show the "hp" logo and a message across the top: "HP Prime recovery mode V13" and on the PC a "Firmware update" dialog box pops up where it's "Waiting for connection ..." on C:/Users/meb/Documents/HP Connectivity Kit/Firmware/PRIME_APP.DAT. There is a progress meter, but after several minutes of waiting, the meter hasn't progressed.

So I cancel this, reset the calculator with a paper clip to get out of recovery mode, and download the HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20141124.zip file from the FTP site that Tim mentioned above, but now I don't know what to do with the zip file, or what I should do next.

Help?

I had the exact same results when I attempted to update to the latest firmware.
I am running Windows 7-64 bit on a PC. I posted this problem previously on this
forum and HP is aware of this issue. Apparently this bug has not been fixed with
the latest revision of the Connectivity Kit.

Is there a way to download the firmware update to the Prime without using the
Connectivity Kit?
12-04-2014, 05:44 AM
I should have mentioned I'm using Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. So it sounds like we have the same problem.

(12-04-2014 04:51 AM)John Colvin Wrote:  
(12-03-2014 06:31 PM)mbeddo Wrote:  I must be doing something wrong.

Help?

I had the exact same results when I attempted to update to the latest firmware.
I am running Windows 7-64 bit on a PC. I posted this problem previously on this
forum and HP is aware of this issue. Apparently this bug has not been fixed with
the latest revision of the Connectivity Kit.

Is there a way to download the firmware update to the Prime without using the
Connectivity Kit?
12-04-2014, 07:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 07:40 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
The 3 updates went smoothly for me on Windows 8.1. I have a minor issue to report on the Connectivity kit with a german window in the french menu (Fenster instead of Fenêtre):

12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
(12-03-2014 09:56 PM)Han Wrote:  [quote='DrD' pid='22329' dateline='1417640584']
I'm not disagreeing -- just suggesting that we use restart without the ()'s to clear the variables. I just type it out.

Edit: So are you still seeing CAS variables even after using restart -- without parentheses?

There are [possibly] two problems: Documentation, and [possibly] inconsistent operation. The documentation problem is self-evident. Inconsistent is the manner in which the function is called vs. what gets cleared.

Virtual Calc Example:
Home view: a:=5; restart; a ---> 5 (not cleared)
Home view: a:=5; restart(); a ---> 5 (not cleared, no error)

CAS view restart; a ---> 5 (a from above, not cleared)
CAS view restart(); (a from above, Error pop up)
CAS view A:=4; restart; ---> 4 (not cleared)
CAS view a:=6; restart; ---> 6 (reused Home var a as CAS var, not cleared)

Variables created in Home view are not cleared when restart is used in CAS view.
Variables created in Home view, reused as CAS vars, are not cleared on restart command.

CAS view z:=10; restart; ---> [z] (NEW CAS var IS cleared)

User Guide documentation (Functions and commands):

"restart Purges all the variables. restart(NULL)"

If variables are unique to CAS view, restart, and restart(<single alphanumeric char>) will clear them. Using the described User Guide example restart() issues an error pop up.

On-device help documentation, the syntax given fails, the example fails, selecting the example [OK] fails. All use the wrong syntax. It does properly say that all CAS vars will be purged, (and CAS settings).

Clearly, the documentation does not match the restart, restart() command, which is the biggest issue for this topic. Perhaps a re-used Home var in CAS, since it isn't uniquely a CAS var, shouldn't be purged, (possibly leading to confusion), but may be reasonable. That inconsistency, will need to be overcome by experience, I guess.

I think the above summary is complete, but it seems that sometimes restart does the job, and other times I needed to use restart(x). I adopted the restart(x), since it seemed more dependable. My need arose when working with a several gradient problems, each using several CAS variables. At each conclusion, I used restart(x) to 'clear the slate' and begin anew.
12-04-2014, 01:11 PM
(12-02-2014 06:01 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Hello,

Check for update and you will most likely see and update for the calculator firmware, connkit, and virtual calculator.

Still no printing from the CK. Sad

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
12-04-2014, 03:37 PM
(12-04-2014 01:11 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Still no printing from the CK. Sad

What are you wanting to print? This is the first time I've seen anyone ask for that (someone may have before, but I don't remember seeing it)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Its a bug ? I cant see a busy indicator (hourglass) when selecting the "simplify" soft key for long operations. The calculator seems to be totaly frozen.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)