Graph 3D Version 2.2 Beta Question
12-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Graph 3D Version 2.2 Beta Question
I think I have followed the instructions in the first post in this thread about Han's program in The Prime Software Library and can not find any syntax errors when I check the code,but I get a green plot screen when I try to plot Sin(X+Y). {I think the green colored screen relates to the fact I am using V3 as the spot to put the equation.} Also when I look at the NUM screen I get the X and Y values but the V3 column screen shows the word FALSE instead of a numerical value.
I get no plot of anything. I also tried one of Han's examples and get similar results
I have tried both Han's original code as well as the modified code by Cyrille.Are there any General Calculator settings that I might have missed in order for this program to work. When I run the program from the program list, I get the exclamation point inside an orange circle.
What is the correct format for typing in an equation that is going to be displayed?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: Graph 3D Version 2.2 Beta Question
(12-26-2013 02:06 PM)Harold A Climer Wrote:  I think I have followed the instructions in the first post in this thread about Han's program in The Prime Software Library and can not find any syntax errors when I check the code,but I get a green plot screen when I try to plot Sin(X+Y). {I think the green colored screen relates to the fact I am using V3 as the spot to put the equation.} Also when I look at the NUM screen I get the X and Y values but the V3 column screen shows the word FALSE instead of a numerical value.
I get no plot of anything. I also tried one of Han's examples and get similar results
I have tried both Han's original code as well as the modified code by Cyrille.Are there any General Calculator settings that I might have missed in order for this program to work. When I run the program from the program list, I get the exclamation point inside an orange circle.
What is the correct format for typing in an equation that is going to be displayed?

Did you update your firmware? Both versions rely on commands that exist only in the new firmware. As this is an app, it is not possible to run from the program catalog list. If your firmware is dated as being from August then it is the old one. To check, press the Help key, then the "Tree" menu button. Select About HP Prime and hit "OK"

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2013, 04:36 PM
(12-26-2013 02:27 PM)Han Wrote:  
(12-26-2013 02:06 PM)Harold A Climer Wrote:  I think I have followed the instructions in the first post in this thread about Han's program in The Prime Software Library and can not find any syntax errors when I check the code,but I get a green plot screen when I try to plot Sin(X+Y). {I think the green colored screen relates to the fact I am using V3 as the spot to put the equation.} Also when I look at the NUM screen I get the X and Y values but the V3 column screen shows the word FALSE instead of a numerical value.
Have latest Firmware. Will not run on the Emulator either.
Did you update your firmware? Both versions rely on commands that exist only in the new firmware. As this is an app, it is not possible to run from the program catalog list. If your firmware is dated as being from August then it is the old one. To check, press the Help key, then the "Tree" menu button. Select About HP Prime and hit "OK"
12-26-2013, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2013 05:16 PM by Han.)
That's very strange. My suspicion is that you likely missed a step somewhere in the install process. If you are currently in the Graph3D app, then you should see "Graph3D (App)" in the Program Catalog. When you select "Graph 3D (App)" from the catalog and press [Enter], you would then see the code for the app. Can you check that this is the case? After exiting the source file for the app, it should have "recompiled" the app. Try pressing [Apps] and then selecting the Graph3D app again from the app icon menu. This selects the Graph3D app. Press the [View] key and if you see a menu of 3D graphing commands, then you likely installed the app properly.

Can you share in detail how you installed it on the emulator, too?

Edit:

Quote:When I run the program from the program list, I get the exclamation point inside an orange circle.

If you were even able to see "Run" as a menu option then you definitely installed it incorrectly. Properly installed apps do not have the option to be run from the Program Catalog. Did you merely copy the source into a program source file?

12-26-2013, 10:49 PM
(12-26-2013 04:44 PM)Han Wrote:  That's very strange. My suspicion is that you likely missed a step somewhere in the install process. If you are currently in the Graph3D app, then you should see "Graph3D (App)" in the Program Catalog. When you select "Graph 3D (App)" from the catalog and press [Enter], you would then see the code for the app. Can you check that this is the case? After exiting the source file for the app, it should have "recompiled" the app. Try pressing [Apps] and then selecting the Graph3D app again from the app icon menu. This selects the Graph3D app. Press the [View] key and if you see a menu of 3D graphing commands, then you likely installed the app properly.

Can you share in detail how you installed it on the emulator, too?

Edit:

Quote:When I run the program from the program list, I get the exclamation point inside an orange circle.

If you were even able to see "Run" as a menu option then you definitely installed it incorrectly. Properly installed apps do not have the option to be run from the Program Catalog. Did you merely copy the source into a program source file?
Sorry I do not remember exactly how I did it. I was finally able the get the
the GRAPH3D app to appear on the emulator sort of following your instructions for getting it to the actual Physical Calculator.
I will try to do it again and try to remember what steps I took.
Some suggestion for future iterations.
1. Would it be possible to show labeled and scaled X,Y and Z coordinate axes. Much easier to see what is going on if they could be there. An on-off switch would be nice if one really did not need the axes.
2.Also once we figure out how I got the app on to the emulator the scrolling to look at the graph from different angles is really too fast when using the app on the emulator.
01-08-2014, 04:21 PM
Hello Han

Congratulations for your excellent work.
Please forgive me if this has already been reported : I noticed that your program does not work when Number Format is set to "Fixed" instead of "Standard".
Kind regards.
01-08-2014, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 06:58 PM by Han.)
(01-08-2014 04:21 PM)Jean-Michel Wrote:  Hello Han

Congratulations for your excellent work.
Please forgive me if this has already been reported : I noticed that your program does not work when Number Format is set to "Fixed" instead of "Standard".
Kind regards.

Thank you for letting me know. I can confirm that it does not work in FIX mode.

Edit: Well, I am not sure whether to classify it as a firmware bug or not, but the current way STRING() handles number formatting makes it very tedious to use because it currently formats "integers" to have trailing zeros. Anyway, a quick workaround is to change:

Code:

fnew:=expr("STRING(V"+fsel + ")");

to

Code:

fnew:=expr("STRING("V" + LEFT(STRING(fsel),1) + ")");

within the g3D_getfunc() routine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)