difference hp 50g black & blue
09-28-2014, 11:07 AM
difference hp 50g black & blue
Hello folks,

only one question:
Is that true that the only difference between the black and blue version is the colour scheme?

If yes, than I've found a seller who sells the blue version about 15 euro cheaper than the the black one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: difference hp 50g black & blue
(09-28-2014 11:07 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello folks,

only one question:
Is that true that the only difference between the black and blue version is the colour scheme?

If yes, than I've found a seller who sells the blue version about 15 euro cheaper than the the black one.

interesting, but more than the difference should be to know how much.... or there's a function to calculate it? Smile
09-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello aurelio,

the black one costs 85 euro and the blue one 70 euro, that might be significant.
09-28-2014, 02:25 PM
(09-28-2014 11:48 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello aurelio,

the black one costs 85 euro and the blue one 70 euro, that might be significant.

From those prices I conclude you are talking about the German seller D...tech, right?
I've got both of my 50g's (black and blue) from them.

The only notable difference were the pouches. My black 50g (bought in 2006) came with a leather pouch, while the blue one (bought last year) has a soft pouch.
09-28-2014, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2014 03:29 PM by peacecalc.)
Hello Thomas,

I only opened the thread for fellowers with more restricted financial means, who can buy a hp 50g with same functionality like the black one but for less money. The different colour scheme can be ignored (by less priority).

Thank you for your information.
09-28-2014, 06:42 PM
(09-28-2014 03:28 PM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello Thomas,

I only opened the thread for fellowers with more restricted financial means, who can buy a hp 50g with same functionality like the black one but for less money. The different colour scheme can be ignored (by less priority).

Hello peacecalc, good the idea to save the money but, I think that is better to buy a used black HP50g than a new blue one, expecially if you are not doing it for collectable purposes. I do not have the blue one, but from third party's experiences and looking to the pictures on the web it seems that function names and keyes are not so readable: maybe it's not so evident the problem like in the Prime but I'll buy the black one all the life Smile
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
(09-28-2014 06:42 PM)aurelio Wrote:  
(09-28-2014 03:28 PM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello Thomas,

Hello peacecalc, good the idea to save the money but, I think that is better to buy a used black HP50g than a new blue one, expecially if you are not doing it for collectable purposes. I do not have the blue one, but from third party's experiences and looking to the pictures on the web it seems that function names and keyes are not so readable: maybe it's not so evident the problem like in the Prime but I'll buy the black one all the life Smile

I must disagree about the colors. I have both types, and the keyboard on the Blue 50g is IMHO better (contrast) and easier to read than the 'standard' 50g. They function identically, can be upgraded, etc. The soft case is provided on newer production black 50g's as well as the blue.

It is an odd fact that the blue 50g keyboard does not photograph well, but in real life it is easier to read.

While I don't prefer the blue plastic case color itself, the keyboard is easier to use and the soft carry case means the blue 50g is very likely newer production date than the black one (if it has the leather).

Which you choose is a personal matter, but just wanted to give you another opinion on the colors and readability.

--Bob Prosperi
09-29-2014, 05:37 AM
I confirm blue version legibility better than black's.
09-29-2014, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2014 08:16 AM by aurelio.)
(09-28-2014 09:09 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(09-28-2014 06:42 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Hello peacecalc, good the idea to save the money but, I think that is better to buy a used black HP50g than a new blue one, expecially if you are not doing it for collectable purposes. I do not have the blue one, but from third party's experiences and looking to the pictures on the web it seems that function names and keyes are not so readable: maybe it's not so evident the problem like in the Prime but I'll buy the black one all the life Smile

I must disagree about the colors. I have both types, and the keyboard on the Blue 50g is IMHO better (contrast) and easier to read than the 'standard' 50g. They function identically, can be upgraded, etc. The soft case is provided on newer production black 50g's as well as the blue.

It is an odd fact that the blue 50g keyboard does not photograph well, but in real life it is easier to read.

While I don't prefer the blue plastic case color itself, the keyboard is easier to use and the soft carry case means the blue 50g is very likely newer production date than the black one (if it has the leather).

Which you choose is a personal matter, but just wanted to give you another opinion on the colors and readability.
Hi Bob and Gerald, thank-you, I appreciate your comments.
As a wrote in my previous message, I've just forwarded the thought of other users I read on another HP50g related forum, I'm happy to know that it isn't; actually If I had to choose between a black used and a new blue HP50g, I'll take the first, but now only for esthetical reasons Smile
09-29-2014, 01:40 PM
(09-29-2014 08:15 AM)aurelio Wrote:  
(09-28-2014 09:09 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I must disagree about the colors. I have both types, and the keyboard on the Blue 50g is IMHO better (contrast) and easier to read than the 'standard' 50g. They function identically, can be upgraded, etc. The soft case is provided on newer production black 50g's as well as the blue.

Hi Bob and Gerald, thank-you, I appreciate your comments.
As a wrote in my previous message, I've just forwarded the thought of other users I read on another HP50g related forum, I'm happy to know that it isn't; actually If I had to choose between a black used and a new blue HP50g, I'll take the first, but now only for esthetical reasons Smile

Aurelio - No problem, I had the same opinion too about the Blue version until I got my own. I'm not sure why it appears poor in photos, but it seems to always photograph poorly. That said, I too prefer the black model.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)