A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour)
04-02-2024, 10:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2024 11:16 PM by aurelio.)
A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour)
Good evening, I would like to remove the ugly yellowing from the woodstocks' security cradle (see attached pic), but I want like to be sure, by using hydrogen peroxide, as recommended in this previous post for the calculators, not to ruin the red panel of the cradle that protects the display. I don't know what effect the bath can have on this material, probably none.
Has anyone had experience with this item before?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2024, 12:26 AM
RE: A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour)
Did you try the Mr Clean Magic Eraser like I suggested?
04-03-2024, 10:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2024 10:49 AM by aurelio.)
RE: A security cradle cleaning question (restoring case to its original cream colour)
(04-03-2024 12:26 AM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Did you try the Mr Clean Magic Eraser like I suggested?

Hi Dave, actually I'm not sure, it could be....is it a sponge? My wife gave me a sponge with that name... a magic thing....but actually I don't understand "magic" for what Smile
04-03-2024, 01:35 PM
Yes, it's a melamine sponge that "magically" removes stains. Get it wet, first. Also, you should probably cover the red lens with some masking tape as the Eraser/sponge is rather abrasive.
04-03-2024, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2024 05:14 PM by aurelio.)
(04-03-2024 01:35 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  Yes, it's a melamine sponge that "magically" removes stains. Get it wet, first. Also, you should probably cover the red lens with some masking tape as the Eraser/sponge is rather abrasive.

Yes, I tried it time ago with a calculator, but it didn't help, so much so that i fixed it cleaning the case with the hydrogen peroxide bath.
I think that the sponge is indicated, as you also wrote, for stains, that is, for local problems, but here, as for calculators, it is a matter of removing the yellowing of the entire surface.
For the cradle I guess doing the same job, covering the lens, with paper tape, to avoid contact with the liquid, since it is not easy to remove: it seems glued.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)