Unidentified HP-41 PACs
02-18-2024, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2024 09:06 PM by SilverGreen93.)
Unidentified HP-41 PACs
Hi,
I just bought a HP-41CV that came with 3 PACs, described below, but I cannot find any information on 2 of them.
The first I think is the Financial Decisions PAC, but correct me if i'm wrong.

1. FINANCIAL I
It presents itself on catalog 2 as FINANCE 1C
Number: HP 00041 - 14003
What does 1C mean? Are there more PACs in the series?

2. MOA/ERP
Number: 82500B-A27
(c) 1982 CAT US
ID 13/14 SETDO736
Listing: MOA, MCB, NAME, MC81, CT, ERP, LL, ERP1, ERP2, ER, L*, L-, L12, AC, COR, ER1

3. PKSH
Number: 82500B-A03
(c) 1982 CAT
ID 11/12 SETD0705
Listing: PKSH, DUM1, DUM5, DUM3, DUM2, DUM6, DUM4, NAME, L*, L-,

Can anyone at least help identifying what the acronyms mean?

Thanks,
Mihai

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2024, 12:57 AM
RE: Unidentified HP-41 PACs
"1C" means the 3rd release of Finance Pac 1. No other Finance Pacs were ever released by HP for the 41.

The best database, by far, of 41 ROMs is Matthias Wehrli's excellent list available at the following site:

http://www.hp-collection.org/41database.html

In the case of your 2 3rd-party ROMs, 'PKSH' is there, but there is little detail about it, and the other one is not listed at all.

Congrats on finding some new and rare modules!

Hopefully, if you know how and have the right tools, you'd be willing to share ROM images with the community.

Most often, new and undocumented ROMs are from the Surveying or Forestry areas, but finding them in a machine along with a Finance ROM makes this seem less likely.

--Bob Prosperi
02-19-2024, 05:23 PM
Perhaps this guy has some history on it?

doug.finke@moaerp.com

His site states:
New Release of Kechie ERP Provides Enhanced Financial Modules and Additional Integrations

So there combines MOA, ERP, and a financial angle.

35 - 65 - 41cv - 48sx/gx - xpander - dm42
02-19-2024, 09:01 PM
Wow, thanks for replies guys.

I can't have imagined that there was no catalog or something like that that will enumerate all available modules.
Finding such obscure pacs is quite interesting to me.

I will try to contact doug about MOA/ERP (but i'm sure it might be just an acronym match for MOA) and also contact the guy from hp-collection to let him know about the pacs.

Maybe someone else will provide more information.
02-20-2024, 01:28 AM
(02-19-2024 05:23 PM)carolinahomes Wrote:  His site MOA states:
New Release of Kechie ERP Provides Enhanced Financial Modules and Additional Integrations

So there combines MOA, ERP, and a financial angle.

BEST!
SlideRule
02-20-2024, 06:17 PM
I wish you the best. I can relate agreement tgat finding info on these two is not easy, but somewhere someOne knows. I considered buying that listing too!
No luck, but I am still interested in the answers when they get here!
02-23-2024, 11:05 PM
Pressing enter during the CAT-2 listing will list all of the callable functions in the module.

Maybe one or two of the names will make sense. Unless it's lke the PPC ROM where all of the function labels are 2 characters to save space.
03-01-2024, 11:23 AM
(02-23-2024 11:05 PM)BitWiz Wrote:  Pressing enter during the CAT-2 listing will list all of the callable functions in the module.

Maybe one or two of the names will make sense. Unless it's lke the PPC ROM where all of the function labels are 2 characters to save space.

Well, I listed the available functions in the first post. I don't know about pressing enter during cat, it seems to be doing nothing for me. But the names are cryptic, at least for me.
03-01-2024, 01:53 PM
(03-01-2024 11:23 AM)SilverGreen93 Wrote:  
(02-23-2024 11:05 PM)BitWiz Wrote:  Pressing enter during the CAT-2 listing will list all of the callable functions in the module.

Well, I listed the available functions in the first post. I don't know about pressing enter during cat, it seems to be doing nothing for me. But the names are cryptic, at least for me.

That advice is for a 41CX, BitWiz may not have noticed you have a 41CV. On the 41CV, the CAT 2 command shows the header (like top-level title) and then each of the functions within that module. On the 41CX, CAT 2 shows only the module headers (to more quickly get to the ROM portion you want to examine) but if you press [R/S] to stop the CAT listing on a particular header and then press [Enter] the catalog will then switch to listing all the individual labels in the module, similar to the 41CV's default behavior. Note that a single module may have multiple headers, and each behaves as described here.

But the ones you listed are indeed pretty obscure and the modules no doubt rare. I guess the hints from CarolinaHomes and SlideRule went nowhere??

--Bob Prosperi
03-01-2024, 02:13 PM
@rprosperi, good information! I didn't know that.
Their hints were good, but I have no reply from doug over email, or any information from this website.
The only acronym for MOA on his website is My Office Apps and ERP would stand for Enterpise Resource Planning, which is quite more than the 41CV could do I suppose, so I am not sure of anyone of them if they are even close to correct.
03-01-2024, 09:02 PM
Any chance any of the functions are Focal programs that could be edited or listed to find out a little more about then, or for that matter run one to see what prompts appear? Desperate spelunking for sure . . .

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
03-02-2024, 12:09 AM
(03-01-2024 09:02 PM)mfleming Wrote:  Any chance any of the functions are Focal programs that could be edited or listed to find out a little more about then, or for that matter run one to see what prompts appear? Desperate spelunking for sure . . .

These could be identified by the small "Lazy T" preceeding the Function name, indicating they are FOCAL programs and not MCODE.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)