HP G8X92AA
09-12-2014, 04:50 PM
HP G8X92AA
I was wondering if this version of the HP Prime will be available in the US any time soon?
Will it be shown at the Handheld Conference along with the Wireless Kit?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2014, 03:12 PM
RE: HP G8X92AA
(09-12-2014 04:50 PM)Harold A Climer Wrote:  I was wondering if this version of the HP Prime will be available in the US any time soon?
Will it be shown at the Handheld Conference along with the Wireless Kit?
Did you ever find anything to answer your original question? I have contacted HP several times and keep getting referred back to the NW280AA.
Find all posts by this user
09-30-2014, 04:24 PM
(09-12-2014 04:50 PM)Harold A Climer Wrote:  I was wondering if this version of the HP Prime will be ... shown at the Handheld Conference along with the Wireless Kit?

Nobody was able to answer your question before the conference, because nobody knew for sure. As it turned out, a Prime with an orange wireless dongle attached was passed around HHC 2014 during one of Tim's talks. Whatever we did on that Prime was received by his laptop and projected onto the screen for all to see. Really cool. So I assume that that Prime had Rev C hardware.

If you have any questions about the Rev C hardware, just post them, and somebody with access to them (they do exist!) will help you.

<0|ΙΈ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2014, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2014 06:59 PM by Jose Gonzalez Divasson.)
In Europe you can find rev. "C" hardware. Most shops don't make any distinction, but you just need to ask.

Attention: having both, there is no way to tell one from the other unless you use the help key to see it. Nothing in the body, color or keys.

Of course, you can see it written on the blister.

I guess that many shops will be trying to get rid of old stock before selling the new.
10-31-2014, 02:00 PM
I assume the answer is "no" but I will ask the question anyway. Has anyone been able to find the rev. c hardware for sale in the United States? Thanks!
10-31-2014, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2014 07:08 PM by toml_12953.)
(10-31-2014 02:00 PM)bouvdeflan Wrote:  I assume the answer is "no" but I will ask the question anyway. Has anyone been able to find the rev. c hardware for sale in the United States? Thanks!

Not at the usual places (Amazon, WalMart, OfficeMax, Staples, Target, etc.) If any Europeans here want to make a few bucks (is there a slang term for Euros?), grab a bunch of G8X92AA calculators and put them up for bid on eBay! I'd be one of the first in line to bid. Even with the cost of shipping to North America, I believe they'd sell well.

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)