Problems in the app "fonction" on Hp Prime
01-05-2024, 04:44 PM
Problems in the app "fonction" on Hp Prime
hello,

I would like your help because In don't find solution to this on internet

in the function application when I enter my function and I start the table by pressing "num" I have the table normally.
However, I would like the results to be in the form of a "15/6" case and not an approximation in column F1. For example instead of having marked 0.666666 which is an approximation, it should be marked 2/3 the exact value. Is it possible to do this? I'm on an HP Prime calculator.
Thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2024, 12:32 AM
RE: Problems in the app "fonction" on Hp Prime
I don't think there's any way to do what you are asking for.

It would be nice if you could press the [a b/c] key and the numbers in the list changed accordingly but, unfortunately, you can't.

You don't give an example function but what do you want to see when the step size is fractional? For example, if you use F1(X)=X/3 as the function in the Function App and leave the step size at the default of 0.1 what would you expect to see displayed for F1(0.1), F1(0.2) etc?
01-06-2024, 10:36 AM
Thanks for your answer and there is some precision.
If we take the x/3 function as an example, the calculator marks f(1)=0.3333 (in column x 1 and in column F1 0.3333) except that this is an approximate value.
I would like her to tell me the exact value which is 1/3. Is it possible or not?
01-06-2024, 11:09 PM
I have tested on the Function App the function F=QPI(X/3), but no way, it shows on the NUM view the decimals.
On the other side, if you use a copy of Spreadsheet App, you can see the rational representation.
May be using the Spreadsheet for the values and the Function for the plot could be an option.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)