01-08-2015, 09:56 AM
RE: the book
For me 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2015, 01:09 AM
We can speed this process substantially:

Right! Hands up all those who DON'T want a copy of The Book?

There you go. . .

--- Les
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2015, 03:31 AM
2 for me please... can't wait!

Best Wishes to you for 2015 Geoff

Benoit
01-09-2015, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't, really, but... :-)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
01-09-2015, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2015 05:21 PM by walter b.)
(01-09-2015 07:25 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I wouldn't, really, but... :-)

Oh dear, that will stirr the bible belt! Wink Remember "nipplegate". And this video is even (only) made in conservative Bavaria.

([:-)

(We don't torture for some 60 years, we don't put people in jail without a fair trial, we don't allow people carrying firearms, we don't shoot teenagers, but we make and show videos like this in public TV - I admit we are bad, bad people Wink )

Edited to correct two errors in a foreign language.
04-18-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi Geoff,

How are things progressing?

d:-)
04-18-2015, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 12:35 AM by Don Shepherd.)
(01-09-2015 08:43 AM)walter b Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 07:25 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  I wouldn't, really, but... :-)

Oh dear, that will stirr the bible belt! Wink Remember "nipplegate". And this video is even (only) made in conservative Bavaria.

(We don't torture for some 60 years, we don't put people in jail without a fair trial, we don't allow people carrying firearms, we don't shoot teenagers, but we make and show videos like this in public TV - I admit we are bad, bad people Wink )

Well, let's see, it took about a week for Walter to self-destruct. He doesn't seem capable of keeping the discussion to calculators.

Reported.
04-18-2015, 06:59 PM
(04-18-2015 06:27 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 08:43 AM)walter b Wrote:  Oh dear, that will stirr the bible belt! Wink Remember "nipplegate". And this video is even (only) made in conservative Bavaria.

Well, let's see, it took about a week for Walter to self-destruct. He doesn't seem capable of keeping the discussion to calculators.

Need I remind you of what you (Germany) did to a whole lot of people during WW2?

Reported.

I take exception to your comment concerning the Second World War.

Whatever anyone else says, I expect a friendly tone. We're all members of this forum, here to help eachother.
04-18-2015, 07:06 PM
(04-18-2015 06:27 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  Well, let's see, it took about a week for Walter to self-destruct. He doesn't seem capable of keeping the discussion to calculators.

Need I remind you of what you (Germany) did to a whole lot of people during WW2?

Reported.

Well, let's see. You only needed more than three months to read his post.

LOL

Greetings,
    Massimo

04-18-2015, 07:16 PM
(04-18-2015 06:59 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  
(04-18-2015 06:27 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  Well, let's see, it took about a week for Walter to self-destruct. He doesn't seem capable of keeping the discussion to calculators.

Reported.

I take exception to your comment concerning the Second World War.

Whatever anyone else says, I expect a friendly tone. We're all members of this forum, here to help eachother.

And I take exception to what Walter wrote. I would not characterize his words as a "friendly tone."
04-18-2015, 07:18 PM
(04-18-2015 07:06 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  

Reported.

Well, let's see. You only needed more than three months to read his post.

LOL

Three months or three minutes, what's the difference? Crap is crap.
04-18-2015, 07:26 PM
(04-18-2015 07:18 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  it took about a week for Walter to self-destruct.

(04-18-2015 07:06 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Well, let's see. You only needed more than three months to read his post.

LOL

It's you that started the timer...

Greetings,
    Massimo

04-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Hello Geoff,
please add my name to the preorder list for one copy.

Please let us know about the state of affairs.
04-18-2015, 07:59 PM
(04-18-2015 07:26 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(04-18-2015 07:18 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  it took about a week for Walter to self-destruct.

It's you that started the timer...

Yeah, I didn't notice the date in Walter's post, obviously, so my "week to self-destruct" is wrong. But Walter's comments are as insulting now as they were three months ago, and had I noticed them then I would have made the same complaint. He takes every opportunity he can to put down the US, and I'm sick of seeing it. Now, if he has changed in the past three months, fine, and I welcome the change.
04-18-2015, 08:16 PM
Good morning Don,

As admitted 3 months ago already, we are bad, bad people. Shame on us!
(But if you'd like to open the box of history ways before my birth: Need I remind you of what you (USA) did to a whole lot of people during the so-called Indian wars? I'd suggest we better keep that box closed and continue striving for better behaviour in our time.)

So, for sake of progress of mankind, let's focus on calculators again and ask for news about "the book".

04-18-2015, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 08:43 PM by walter b.)
If the reality looks insulting to us we should work together to make it better, don't we? For my part, I don't carry a firearm ...

Back to calculators!

04-18-2015, 10:20 PM
(04-18-2015 08:32 PM)walter b Wrote:  If the reality looks insulting to us we should work together to make it better, don't we? For my part, I don't carry a firearm ...

Back to calculators!

Hi Walter.

Quote:For my part, I don't carry a firearm

Nor do I, and in the past I have given my support to organizations trying to make sensible laws regarding guns, so I expect you and I have similar beliefs regarding that.

There is a lot wrong about the US, but there is a lot right about it as well. That's true for your country too. And probably most all countries.

Sorry I brought up that old post.

Don
04-19-2015, 09:16 AM
No problem, Don. A forum is for critical discussions and international exchange, too. And neither "critical" nor "discussion" has any negative touch IMHO. If all people had the same opinion about everything, life would be boring and new ideas would be far harder to create.

Enjoy your Sunday!

04-23-2015, 02:58 PM
(04-18-2015 10:20 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  
(04-18-2015 08:32 PM)walter b Wrote:  If the reality looks insulting to us we should work together to make it better, don't we? For my part, I don't carry a firearm ...

Back to calculators!

Hi Walter.

Quote:For my part, I don't carry a firearm

Nor do I, and in the past I have given my support to organizations trying to make sensible laws regarding guns, so I expect you and I have similar beliefs regarding that.

There is a lot wrong about the US, but there is a lot right about it as well. That's true for your country too. And probably most all countries.

Sorry I brought up that old post.

Don
Don;
That was a gentlemanly act you did, to apologize because you had not noticed the date of that post you complained about and reported. You made an unintentional error. You were a man about it and owned up to it. That's all I'll remember. -db
04-23-2015, 10:08 PM
(04-23-2015 02:58 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Don;
That was a gentlemanly act you did, to apologize because you had not noticed the date of that post you complained about and reported. You made an unintentional error. You were a man about it and owned up to it. That's all I'll remember. -db

Dennis:
That's nice you praise Don for the way we settled our little discussion. I concur it was a way which suits two adults. As mentioned elsewhere, I (still) believe in the power of good examples ...

(Just in case the above nudge isn't sufficient: please remember who supplied the model for that post far above. It's still accessible for primary school kids while far less choleric posts were edited quickly. I'd appreciate if you'd care of equity eventually.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)