HP Lizard Sweat Shirt
11-30-2023, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2023 05:37 AM by Potato.)
HP Lizard Sweat Shirt
Hi there,

Maybe someone can help me in this search here, but I've pretty much exhausted all resources that I'm aware of.

I saw someone the other day wearing an HP Hewlett-Packard blue sweat shirt with lizards on it and thought it was really neat, but I can't for the life of me find it existing anywhere on the internet. It was definitely from the 90s, had the HP logo along with the "Hewlett-Packard" lettering below it, with it positioned on the left breast, and it had 3-4 lizards crawling down away from the logo, with the last lizard near the bottom of the garment.

The color was very similar to this shirt I found online,
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Fimages%...ipo=images]

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, or know where to find one, it would be really appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2023, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2023 05:33 AM by Jim Horn.)
RE: HP Lizard Sweat Shirt
I don't know the answer to your question but do know that back then, many or most HP products were developed under code names. Once the product was released, often the team involved would celebrate with such items as custom shirts. For examples, I have one from the HP 50000 Modular Measurement System project (HP's "Redwood" project, Santa Rosa, CA), and for their Signal Analysis Division's "Skunk Works" project to take back the lower cost spectrum analyzer market from foreign competition in the mid 1980s. I wouldn't be surprised if the shirt you saw was from a similar event. If so, it was undoubtedly one of a very limited number of them.

So many signals, so little bandwidth!
11-30-2023, 04:10 PM
(11-30-2023 05:32 AM)Jim Horn Wrote:  I don't know the answer to your question but do know that back then, many or most HP products were developed under code names. Once the product was released, often the team involved would celebrate with such items as custom shirts. For examples, I have one from the HP 50000 Modular Measurement System project (HP's "Redwood" project, Santa Rosa, CA), and for their Signal Analysis Division's "Skunk Works" project to take back the lower cost spectrum analyzer market from foreign competition in the mid 1980s. I wouldn't be surprised if the shirt you saw was from a similar event. If so, it was undoubtedly one of a very limited number of them.

Thanks for your insight. That might explain it then, since I can't imagine what other correlation lizards have with HP.
12-01-2023, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2023 08:55 PM by Jim Horn.)
(11-30-2023 04:10 PM)Potato Wrote:  Thanks for your insight. That might explain it then, since I can't imagine what other correlation lizards have with HP.

Perhaps a reference to later HP Corporate management? ;<)

So many signals, so little bandwidth!
12-02-2023, 12:56 PM
(12-01-2023 08:55 PM)Jim Horn Wrote:  
(11-30-2023 04:10 PM)Potato Wrote:  Thanks for your insight. That might explain it then, since I can't imagine what other correlation lizards have with HP.

Little-known fact: Some lizards are not actually slimy, though they appear so to most observers. So, yeah.

--Bob Prosperi
12-03-2023, 01:41 AM
(12-01-2023 08:55 PM)Jim Horn Wrote:  

I've never viewed lizards that way; they always seemed like very docile creatures. Not harming anyone Tongue

Maybe snakes are a better analogy for HP's management
12-03-2023, 12:06 PM
A 'LYRICS' Allusion?
[attachment=12975]
BEST!
SlideRule

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)