copy bug
10-30-2023, 06:43 PM
copy bug
Hello all,

I'm a newbee with the prime calc. Maybe in former times that behavier is reported, so don't be shy to delete that thread, if this are old marshmallows.
I use the real machine G2 with the newest firmware.

First HOME modus:
In pic 1 you see a the expression: (5^(1/3))^2 and I want to copy the expression to the input line.
In pic 2 you see what I get: (5^(1/3)^2) and that is completely different.
I tried that with floats, too (5.^(1./3.))^2. After keying in, it is displayed like in pic 1 and the resulting behavier is same like with integers.
But it becomes more strange. In pic 1 you see the expression on the left and right side of the display,
if you copy the expression from the left side it works, but from the right side it doesn't??? So what?

I try this in CAS Modus:
In pic 3 you see the same situation as in pic 1.
In pic 4 I get the right thing after copying.

greetings from an astonished user....

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2023, 07:51 PM
RE: copy bug
Copy from left side is just user input, thus should always work.

Running on HP emulator, 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16), I do not see the bug.

Even if you see a bug, it may not be the source of bug.
Try reset calculator, and see if bug can be reproduced.
10-31-2023, 07:50 AM
Hello Han,

thank you for your reply. I did a reset, but the behavier is same. Is anybody out there, who can confirm my observation (or may be not)?

Maybe it seems negligible, but if one have more complex expression, it is not so easy to see the changing after copy. And it is a very comfortable feature the copy-function with complex expressions, no need for keying in twice.
10-31-2023, 11:40 AM
Hi
Bug reproduced in HOME mode in both, virtual and physical calculator (updated Apr 2023). It only happens when "Intelligent Math" option is checked in the Settings section.

Regards.
10-31-2023, 03:38 PM
Hello all,

what a pity, when I uncheck "Intelligent Math" option, then you get only a float on the right side of the display. So the former input is instantly transformend. The user has to decide, if Home then floats! I came from hp 50g, where you have to decide: "exact" or "approx" mode. Same procedure...
11-01-2023, 05:09 AM
This bug has already been discussed here: [Fatal software bug?] nearly two years ago.
It has also been on the bug tracker list since then (perhaps this bug is difficult to fix?).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)