HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves
10-25-2023, 10:23 PM
HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves
Do the instructions from this PDF file work for you?

When I enter the formula mentioned in the instructions my HP Prime just tells me: "Error: X/0"

Most likely I'm just doing something wrong, but I just cannot figure out what. So it would be great if someone could confirm that the instructions work for them. Thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2023, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2023 02:49 AM by Xorand.)
RE: HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves
Works for me. You have to be careful and use the correct number of right-clicks on the circular wheel to move out of the various fractions and powers. Example, after pressing X^Y key and entering 5, click right once to move out of the power to press the * key.

After typing the power for e, you'll have to click right twice to get to the part where you type in - 1.

Before committing the equation, it should look exactly like the one in the pictures in the reference PDF.

Tested on a physical HP Prime G2 with latest firmware.

Here are the full keystrokes. (Right) means click the right side of the circular wheel.

[4] [.] [9] [9] [2] [EEX] [+/-] [2] [4] [/] [ALPHA] [X] [X^Y] [5] (Right) [*] [( )] [e^x] [0] [.] [0] [1] [4] [3] [9] [/] [ALPHA] [X] [*] [7] [0] [0] [0] (Right) (Right) [-] [1]
10-26-2023, 07:47 AM
RE: HP Prime Application Note Physics: 02. Planck Curves
Thank you very much for your detailed reply!

It enabled me to figure out what I was doing wrong. First of all I entered the equation in Home, which i thought would be okay, since it still said "Function" on top. One apparently needs to press [Symb] though and enter the equation there. Which makes sense given that you want to plot it later on.

Your post also made me realize that there is a dedicated [EEX] key. Previously I wrote [ALPHA] [E] instead, which works, but is cumbersome. Instead of [ALPHA] [X] I used [x t theta n], but both approaches seem to work.

If someone else stumbles across this later on: Make sure to press [Shift] [Plot] after you have entered your equations to enter the details about how to set up the plot. Make sure to use the correct numbers. The range for x for example isn't from 0 to 1.5, but from 0 to 1.5E-6 etc.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)