Persistent menus
10-06-2023, 01:30 AM
Persistent menus
If I bring up e.g. the BASE menu I noticed that its menus are persistent i.e. you can make your selection and the menu buttons stay on the screen so that later on you can make another selection. Other menus are not persistent e.g. CONVERT, FLAGS, PROB etc. If you bring up any of those menus and make a selection, the menus go away as though an automated EXIT command has been performed. That's curious, or perhaps inconsistent behavior, but whatever. Further more, if I first bring up the BASE menu and then bring up the CONVERT menu, if I make my CONVERT menu choice then that menu goes away and I'm returned to the (still) persistent BASE menu.

I wrote a program that brings up a menu. I can make a selection and the menu still hangs around for subsequent selections while I continue performing other operations - that's exactly what I want (I don't know why the menu is persistent, but I'll take it). However, if I now e.g. bring up the CONVERT menu and make a selection, the CONVERT menu then exits BUT I am not brought back to the menus for my program - ALL the menus go away and so I have to reinvoke my program :-(.

How can I modify my program so that it's menus are persistent if I branch off and quickly make use of e.g. the CONVERT menu for a single operation? I hope this isn't a dumb question - I did try reading through the manual... In case you're after more specifics, I have attached a culled down version of my program. Thanks :-).

Attached File(s)
.txt  CONST copy.txt (Size: 1.24 KB / Downloads: 19)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)