How do you clean your HP calc / pocket computer? ( esp. HP48 )
09-14-2023, 05:00 PM
How do you clean your HP calc / pocket computer? ( esp. HP48 )
I've been cleaning the dust and other grime off of my HP48GXs using "iKlear Klearscreen" which says it's safe for Apple monitors and other Apple products. I've also used CRC Electrical Grade 2-26 Plastic Safe cleaner/lubricant to clean out the battery compartments of calcs that have batteries that have leaked.

Does anyone know what the "official" cleaning instructions are? Warm, distilled water, and a damp micro-fiber lint-free cloth?

I hope I haven't been harming my HP48GXs' screens with the Klearscreen...

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2023, 07:20 PM
RE: How do you clean your HP calc / pocket computer? ( esp. HP48 )
The MSDS sheet for Klearscreen says it is 99.8% water. About 0.0013 is a perseverate and the other two ingredients are proprietary, but they must be potent given they are less than 0.2% by volume.

In general, I do not recommend using alcohol on clear/translucent plastics. It can crack/cloud some of them. I use a typical glass/plastic cleaner like Windex, followed by Brillianze. Interestingly I just looked up the MSDS sheet for it and found it is also 99% water with two secret ingredients but after having used it for 30 years I do know it works well.
09-16-2023, 02:35 PM
RE: How do you clean your HP calc / pocket computer? ( esp. HP48 )
According to "The Guide", A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have.

17bii | 32s | 32sii | 41c | 41cv | 41cx | 42s | 48g | 48g+ | 48gx | 50g | 30b

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)