Copying files from SD Card to HP Prime.
08-26-2023, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2023 04:04 PM by matalog.)
Copying files from SD Card to HP Prime.
I have been working on file transfer through the USB Port and have made a program that will copy any file (currently limited to 512KB and below) from SD card to the HP Prime. You just enter the filename and the amount of bytes that you want to copy of it.

There is currently a lot of storage on the HP Prime, but given it's processing power, you can quickly gather a large amount of data, this is an external storage option. It's fast enough I suppose, I think it is now limited by the speed of the BASIC programs that we can run on the HP Prime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2023, 10:37 PM
RE: Copying files from SD Card to HP Prime.
That seems quite intriguing! I was pondering a few days back about employing USB for transferring a file to the HP Prime. The idea is to send a PPL program through USB and have it execute once it's on the device. This would be an alternative to utilizing the HP Connection Kit app. The goal is to allow easy editing of the PPL file and swift testing directly on the HP Prime.

Essentially, the plan involves utilizing the GPIO pins of a Raspberry Pi to transmit the data to both the Arduino and the HP Prime. The HP Prime would run a simple application responsible for receiving the file, saving it, and subsequently launching it.
08-27-2023, 04:04 PM
(08-26-2023 10:37 PM)Insoft Wrote:  That seems quite intriguing! I was pondering a few days back about employing USB for transferring a file to the HP Prime. The idea is to send a PPL program through USB and have it execute once it's on the device. This would be an alternative to utilizing the HP Connection Kit app. The goal is to allow easy editing of the PPL file and swift testing directly on the HP Prime.

Essentially, the plan involves utilizing the GPIO pins of a Raspberry Pi to transmit the data to both the Arduino and the HP Prime. The HP Prime would run a simple application responsible for receiving the file, saving it, and subsequently launching it.

I haven't been able to do that yet, although with this set up I will just have to send a .txt file to the HP Prime.

I assume that then I will need to use AProgram() as it the only way I can see that you would be able to input to a program from the 'outside'. Then the txt file will have to be parsed into bytes with AFilesB() and then that turned into a string and finally Aprogram:=string. That should do it.
[/code]
08-27-2023, 08:00 PM
Is this what you were saying you were thinking about? Well, minus the RPI.

I request a file on HP Prime, is sends from SD Card to HP PRIME, then automatically runs it. If all is well, these are also Wednesday's lotto numbers.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4dxugqrrf...pck27&dl=0
08-28-2023, 12:03 AM
The idea to develop on the RPI have the Arduino relay it to the Prime on requests, it’s something I’m going to have to explore real soon, it’s been sitting on top of the oscilloscope for long enough it’s time it was put to work.
08-28-2023, 08:10 AM
Great work, but how about using a tiny chip:

http://www.technoblogy.com/show?3XEP
08-28-2023, 10:36 AM
(08-28-2023 08:10 AM)Mark Power Wrote:  Great work, but how about using a tiny chip:

http://www.technoblogy.com/show?3XEP

The HP Prime will need some means of communicating with the Tiny chip. That could be an Arduino, in which case there is no need for the Tiny Chip, as an SD card module would do, or it could be the UMFT260EV USB-HID interface, for which the tiny chip would assumedly be a good partner.
08-28-2023, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2023 04:12 PM by Mark Power.)
Quote: the UMFT260EV USB-HID interface, for which the tiny chip would assumedly be a good partner

My experiments are all with the FT260. I should have made that clear.

More after HHC 2023 ;-)
08-28-2023, 07:46 PM
Great, I look forward to seeing some of your work ?.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)