Barcode number entry on the HP Prime.
07-15-2023, 07:56 PM
Barcode number entry on the HP Prime.
I have seen some old HP Calculators with a barcode scanner wand and thought I would give it a go on the HP Prime.

I'm not actually sure what the wand entry was for exactly on the 41c. Was it to load a program from a book? I'm pretty sure it wasn't to enter numbers like in the video anyway, this is just a proof of concept. Maybe it will be possible to enter a program from a barcode on the HP Prime using a similar method to this, although i'm not sure how I would go about it yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2023, 08:12 PM
RE: Barcode number entry on the HP Prime.
(07-15-2023 07:56 PM)matalog Wrote:  I have seen some old HP Calculators with a barcode scanner wand and thought I would give it a go on the HP Prime.

I'm not actually sure what the wand entry was for exactly on the 41c. Was it to load a program from a book? I'm pretty sure it wasn't to enter numbers like in the video anyway, this is just a proof of concept. Maybe it will be possible to enter a program from a barcode on the HP Prime using a similar method to this, although i'm not sure how I would go about it yet.
Using the HP Wand for the HP-41, you can enter programs, but you also have a paper keyboard,
where you can enter numbers and functions like you were using the physical keyboard.
One difference is, that you can not enter more than one number into an edit line,
since the HP-41 doesn't have a mechanism for parsing an edit line, hence there is no edit line...

Just to clarify: "Number" means a sequence of numeric digits, including decimal separator, minus signs and an exponent.

-- Ray
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)