PDF versions of WP 31S and WP 34S manuals?
08-12-2014, 03:13 PM
PDF versions of WP 31S and WP 34S manuals?
Hello!

As I just got my new WP 31S from Eric and I'm trying to learn how to use it, I was wondering if
electronic version of complete 1.2 manual will be published?

SourceFourge seems to have only preliminary version of the manual, and I couldn't find any information about this.

I also really would like to purchase the paper version, but it will probably take some time before new batch of manuals.

Antti
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2014, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 07:43 PM by anetzer.)
RE: PDF versions of WP 31S and WP 34S manuals?
Hi!

i regret to report that Walter is not inclined to do electronic versions 'right now'. The background being a sad one:

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-112...l#pid15964

But I wholeheartedly back your request and would pay for a pdf or pdf/spiral-bound combo...

a.n.
08-13-2014, 06:07 AM
Oh, that's too bad. But I guess it's understandable. Lot of hard work must have gone into writing those manuals even though it probably was a labour of love.

And I should have put little more work searching for the answer since it was already discussed in the relevant thread, but I was little too eager and impatient to learn to use my first rpn calculator.

But hopefully there is a new batch of WP 31S spiralbound manuals coming sometime.
08-15-2014, 07:36 PM
Hyvää päivää Antti,

With respect to PDF manuals, you find sufficient statements in previous posts IMHO. Please check. If you find an aspect not covered yet, don't hesitate to ask again.

With respect to a spiral bound manual: There's one person who didn't react and since the time limit has expired, I can offer you that book.

d:-)

(Please use [Quote] for responding in the future, [New reply] is just a button doing more bad than good - but apparently we can't get rid of that latter button.)
08-15-2014, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2014 10:47 AM by ovael.)
(08-15-2014 07:36 PM)walter b Wrote:  Hyvää päivää Antti,

Guten Tag Walter!

Quote:With respect to PDF manuals, you find sufficient statements in previous posts IMHO. Please check. If you find an aspect not covered yet, don't hesitate to ask again.

Yes, I read the thread more carefully after anetzer pointed it out. I skipped too much when initially reading it since it was mostly about payments and shipping information. And forgot to use search... And this is not a new aspect but for a new rpn user like me readily available documentation would be really helpfull. But I think there was a mention about non spiral bound manuals that would be printed on demand so I guess that covers it.

Quote:With respect to a spiral bound manual: There's one person who didn't react and since the time limit has expired, I can offer you that book.

Yes, I would like that manual. Just send me payment information. I would prefer direct bank transfer if that's ok but what suits you best is fine.

Quote:(Please use Quote for responding in the future, New reply is just a button doing more bad than good - but apparently we can't get rid of that latter button.)

I tried to do this. Let's see how it works... Well it didn't work quite the way i wanted :-)

Edit: Corrected quotes.
08-15-2014, 08:40 PM
Almost, Antti, almost ... Wink

With respect to the manual, you'll get a PM.

With respect to quoting, just remember it works like parentheses do. So everything between <quote> and </quote> will be treated as a quote (replace < with [ and > with ] in this sentence). And quotes may be nested.

08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Antti,

I think the text below is what you wanted to write. I just inserted some quote tags:

(08-15-2014 08:13 PM)ovael Wrote:  
(08-15-2014 07:36 PM)walter b Wrote:  Hyvää päivää Antti,
Guten Tag Walter!
Quote:With respect to PDF manuals, you find sufficient statements in previous posts IMHO. Please check. If you find an aspect not covered yet, don't hesitate to ask again.
Yes, I read the thread more carefully after anetzer pointed it out. I skipped too much when initially reading it since it was mostly about payments and shipping information. And forgot to use search... And this is not a new aspect but for a new rpn user like me readily available documentation would be really helpfull. But I think there was a mention about non spiral bound manuals that would be printed on demand so I guess that covers it.
Quote:With respect to a spiral bound manual: There's one person who didn't react and since the time limit has expired, I can offer you that book.
Yes, I would like that manual. Just send me payment information. I would prefer direct bank transfer if that's ok but what suits you best is fine.
Quote:(Please use <Quote> for responding in the future, <New reply> is just a button doing more bad than good - but apparently we can't get rid of that latter button.)

I tried to do this. Let's see how it works... Well it didn't work quite the way i wanted :-)

I admit I made it difficult by mentioning the <Quote> button in my prior post in rectangular brackets inadvertantly. You can look at the solution in detail by quoting it. BTW, pressing <Quote> just files a reply correctly - you can delete all the old text and it still works.

08-16-2014, 10:52 AM
(08-16-2014 08:04 AM)walter b Wrote:  I admit I made it difficult by mentioning the <Quote> button in my prior post in rectangular brackets inadvertantly. You can look at the solution in detail by quoting it. BTW, pressing <Quote> just files a reply correctly - you can delete all the old text and it still works.

Yes the quote in brackets broke the post as I indeed just pressed the quote button, but now it looks little better :-)
08-16-2014, 02:51 PM
(08-15-2014 07:36 PM)walter b Wrote:  (Please use \([\)Quote\(]\) for responding in the future, \([\)New reply\(]\) is just a button doing more bad than good - but apparently we can't get rid of that latter button.)

Nah, it's fine to use the [Image: newreply.gif] button. I use it all the time and nothing bad happens.

You can still use the multiquote button [Image: postbit_multiquote.gif] if you want to quote one or multiple posts. This works even for posts from other threads.

Cheers
Thomas
08-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Of course, the advantages of <Quote> and multiquote over <New reply> shine out as soon as your sorting system advances over throwing everything on a single heap, not earlier. Look at this, for example. If you prefer resting on that heap level of organisation, however, you can't profit yourself - but you can at least help your fellow men.

d:-/

(As I pointed out earlier, <New reply> is fully obsolete - it's function is entirely included in <Quote>. And those who prefer the heap can still switch to linear mode and get it. It's totally ok to be organized as bad as possible but it shouldn't be default IMHO.)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)