Wireless Connectivity and bulk resetting of calculators
08-05-2014, 08:13 AM
Wireless Connectivity and bulk resetting of calculators
On a calculator, pressing On+Apps+Esc resets most settings to factory default (except for Name and Language, I think), and deletes all the memory. This is especially useful for resetting Home Settings, such as Entry Mode and complex results handling, on the class calculators that students borrow for the class duration.

Is there a way to reset them all at once, e.g. via Wireless Connectivity Kit?

A related question: is there a way of cloning a calculator (or emulator) or some of it's settings or data to many calculators at once?

I presume that updating firmware via wireless settings is not yet an option - is that correct?

Cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Wireless Connectivity and bulk resetting of calculators
1. The easiest way is probably to send a short exam mode that will wipe the memory. That would delete everything and reset stuff I think. You can then send to stop it immediately.

2. Save a backup, and then restore it to multiple units.

3. Correct. I doubt it will be ever due to the speed. It would take a long time...

You seem to already have typed several ideas on useful features for classroom use that are challenging some of the thinking/reasoning I've had before. I would love to get a more detailed message from you with a more detailed list of what you'd like to accomplish or do. Feel free to send to hp.com a message email to timewessman@

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
08-07-2014, 06:54 AM
RE: Wireless Connectivity and bulk resetting of calculators
Thanks Tim. Is it timewessman (perhaps timwessman?): my emails are getting bounced....

Backup and Restore seems to work: but that brings additional questions:

1) What's the difference between Backup/Restore and Clone From/To?

2) Can I clone or restore to multiple machines at once?

3) Both Cloning and restoring seems to change the names of the calculators as well, which seems logical, except that now I have all calculators in connectivity kit named the same and don't know how to distinguish them anymore.

4) Backing up and restoring a calculator to Emulator changes the emulator's name as well - it looks like regular calculator now.

5) In a Calculator Panel I have 2 calculators and 1 emulator. If I display All (types) everything is fine: I can see all the variables, apps etc under each of the calculator and in the emulator as well. But when All is changed to either Local, Wireless or Emulator, the items under each device are restricted to List for Emulator, or Complex and Real, for wireless calculators. Why is that?

Cheers!

p.s. So there is no way of warm reset (On+Apps+Esc) or RAM reset (On+Symb) remote machines?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)