Poll: How has the battery life been?
Too short?
Too long?
Just right!
I've never really thought about it...
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Battery Life Poll?
07-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Battery Life Poll?
So now that people seem to have had the units for a long enough time, I'd be interested in knowing thoughts re battery life. Even been problematic? Inconvenient? Long enough? Too short? Too long? Etc. Anyone ever replaced with an aftermarket gs3 battery to make it longer?

No, not trying to collect info to make the battery smaller or anything. I'm just wondering how general perception is as I personally am quite curious.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 04:04 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 03:50 PM by eried.)
RE: Battery Life Poll?
"Too high/long?" sounds negative to me (maybe something is missed on translation to a richer language- Spanish), I would say "Very nice / More than expected".

For me, the only lackluster thing related with the battery is the resolution/reliability of the indicator, not the battery life.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 05:56 AM by rkf.)
Jost voted "Too long", meaning "longer than expected" - after the last FW update of end of May, I'm still at 100%, never seen before: Even with no use at all, the battery always fell empty within two weeks. That behaviour seems to be gone now.
08-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Battery life is adequate with firmware 6030 - - however, I have a problem working with the calculator in the field, i.e., under direct sunlight, and even in the partial shade, the maximum brightness setting is too faint.

What can be done? I don't see this problem with my cell phone.
08-01-2014, 03:44 PM
(08-01-2014 03:37 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  What can be done? I don't see this problem with my cell phone.

Not much unfortunately. Using it with the dark theme might improve it, but the max is really the max for that panel.

TW

08-01-2014, 04:31 PM
I agree with eried.
08-01-2014, 05:47 PM
You're kidding, right? Who on Earth (or any other Class M planet!) would complain about battery life being too long?!?

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
08-01-2014, 06:45 PM
(08-01-2014 05:47 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  You're kidding, right? Who on Earth (or any other Class M planet!) would complain about battery life being too long?!?

Well, I put that in there just for inclusion and kind of in a joking way... :-)

Overall, it seems like the fears that had always been expressed (myself included) regarding a "rechargeable color screen" on a calculator haven't seemed to impact most people like feared. While I am not sure if that is due to changed behavior (people now used to charging a phone every day so weeks seems really long), or some other reason I don't know.

Interesting to see though.

TW

08-01-2014, 07:54 PM
(08-01-2014 03:44 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 03:37 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  What can be done? I don't see this problem with my cell phone.

Not much unfortunately. Using it with the dark theme might improve it, but the max is really the max for that panel.

Thanks for answering!
08-04-2014, 05:31 AM
How energy hungry a wireless dongle is? Does it make sense to keep it on, even if not really needed?
08-04-2014, 01:43 PM
(08-04-2014 05:31 AM)mcjtom Wrote:  How energy hungry a wireless dongle is? Does it make sense to keep it on, even if not really needed?

I don't have the numbers off the top of my head, but it will definitely cause faster drain. The biggest issue is that you need to put out enough power to meet USB spec since it is host and not just device, so I am guessing it would bump up by at least 50-100ma.

TW

08-05-2014, 11:12 AM
I've also noticed that with the wireless dongle attached, Prime doesn't seem to turn itself off for much longer than without it. Am I dreaming or is this a feature?

Cheers!
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
(08-05-2014 11:12 AM)mcjtom Wrote:  I've also noticed that with the wireless dongle attached, Prime doesn't seem to turn itself off for much longer than without it. Am I dreaming or is this a feature?

It actually is triggered by communication from the connkit. The same happens over USB. If you just plug in a USB and do nothing, it will still turn off after 5. Plug in the USB and run the connkit though, and it will stay on.

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)