[WP 31S v1.2] Manual
08-03-2014, 03:33 PM
RE: [WP 31S v1.2] Manual
(08-03-2014 12:54 PM)Ernst Fueloep Wrote:  ... since I am in Europe I guess you would prefer the money transfer to your bank account. But the BIC value is missing in your PM to me.
Should I use Paypal or bank account transfer?

You're guessing right. BIC = PBNKDEFF (they sold us IBAN would make transfers easier, though apparently not in Austria ... Confused). TIA

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2014, 08:52 AM
(08-03-2014 03:33 PM)walter b Wrote:  You're guessing right. BIC = PBNKDEFF (they sold us IBAN would make transfers easier, though apparently not in Austria ... Confused). TIA
Hi Walter,

This is not special to Austria. Until Feb 2016 BIC is required for SEPA international payments. See: Migrating to the Single Euro Payments Area: key facts
Quote:Business Identifier Code
The Business Identifier Code (BIC) may still be required until 1 February 2014 for domestic payments and 1 February 2016 for cross-border payments. Member States may defer the requirement relating to the provision of the BIC for national payment transactions until 1 February 2016.
I am sure that when you want to send money to another European country you would need the BIC of the receiver bank too.

Anyway, I have now sent the money to your bank account.
And I have sent my address to you with a PM.
I hope everything is now OK.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ernst
08-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Here they are!
Received today at 2 p.m.:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=993]

The printer became really fast this time. Now repacking starts again.

BTW, there are 6 payments missing still - meaning they didn't reach me yet (4 are from out of Europe). Please check. Since my forum mailbox is almost full, I can't send individual PMs to you who are late.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-11-2014, 07:36 AM
(08-09-2014 03:04 PM)walter b Wrote:  BTW, there are 6 payments missing still - meaning they didn't reach me yet (4 are from out of Europe). Please check. Since my forum mailbox is almost full, I can't send individual PMs to you who are late.

I assume my payment has already reached you?
08-11-2014, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2014 09:10 AM by walter b.)
Your parcel's already in my trunk - if I manage to get off work in time I'll visit the post office today.

Found a way transmitting messages out of the dungeon Wink :

This is to inform you that all the manuals paid went to the post office yesterday evening (Tuesday, 12th of August). Eric, Ernst, Harald, and Dave: You'll get a parcel each. Everybody else will get an envelope with his manual enclosed.

08-13-2014, 07:29 PM
(08-09-2014 03:04 PM)walter b Wrote:  Received today at 2 p.m.:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=993]

The printer became really fast this time. Now repacking starts again.

My manual arrived today - very nice work! Fun to read, good layout, nice (thick) paper, it will for sure survive for a while! Thanks!

Helmut
08-14-2014, 10:53 PM
(08-13-2014 07:29 PM)hfischer Wrote:  My manual arrived today - very nice work! Fun to read, good layout, nice (thick) paper, it will for sure survive for a while! Thanks!

Helmut

Coming home I also found a nice new package - containing a great book and (surprise, surprise!) much more handy than its bigger brother, the WP34s User's Manual.

Thank you very much for this wonderful piece of literature, Walter!

Andreas
08-15-2014, 05:15 PM
The postman arrived at our door with two packages. One could slip trough the other one needed a rang at the doorbell. Alas none was at home. So that means I have the evening to read the manual and tomorrow the machine will arive!

Thanks for the great & accurate labor on the manual Walter.
08-16-2014, 10:26 AM
The package arrived, displaying it in order according to size of manual did me realize:
we have financial calc (aka HP12c) based on HP30b form factor, we have an engineering calc (aka HP11c) based on a HP30b (the wp31s), we have a scientific calc (aka HP15c) based on a HP30b (the wp34s) but no computing calc (aka HP16c) on a HP30b form factor. How about a wp36s project?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-16-2014, 12:10 PM
sure, but wp34s also contains a hp11c (aka wp31s). I like to have dedicated tools for the job ;-)
08-16-2014, 12:26 PM
The WP 31S is designed as a nonprogrammable scientific, intended to recruit more monks for the fading order of RPN. That was the motivation and target of that project. I don't really see a similar benefit of a slightly stripped WP 34S turning into a "WP 36P". YMMV

d:-/
08-16-2014, 12:53 PM
too bad, doesn't the abt of the HP monastaries deserve some comfort ;-)?
08-16-2014, 01:07 PM
(08-16-2014 12:53 PM)RAPosthumus Wrote:  too bad, doesn't the abt of the HP monastaries deserve some comfort ;-)?

The odds are bad even if he would learn to reply properly (please use <Quote> and ditch <New reply> - the latter just creates a mess). The cost/benefit ratio is just too high IMHO.

d:-/
08-16-2014, 04:09 PM
(08-16-2014 01:07 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(08-16-2014 12:53 PM)RAPosthumus Wrote:  too bad, doesn't the abt of the HP monastaries deserve some comfort ;-)?

The odds are bad even if he would learn to reply properly (please use <Quote> and ditch <New reply> - the latter just creates a mess). The cost/benefit ratio is just too high IMHO.

dUndecided

Walter could you please limit your reminder to once per day?
Now I understand how you reached 1000+ posts... Tongue Smile

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-2014, 04:14 PM
Constant dripping will wear the stone, I hope. Tongue
08-16-2014, 04:16 PM
(08-16-2014 04:14 PM)walter b Wrote:  Constant dripping will wear the stone, I hope. Tongue

Keep on dreamin'

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi Walter,

Yesterday I received my copy of the WP 31S User’s Manual.
It’s awesome! I’m very happy to have it.

One suggestion for the next release: an index would be a welcome addition.
Can’t that be produced automatically these days?

Thanks for the great work,

Hans
08-16-2014, 08:13 PM
(08-16-2014 07:29 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(08-16-2014 07:15 PM)hansklav Wrote:  an index would be a welcome addition.

What do you want that index to contain?

Well, for instance:
- words and abbreviations that are important specifically in the context of the WP 31S, e.g. ‘UNDO’, ‘IOP’, ‘register browser’, ‘RESET’, ‘USB’.
- the first occurrence of words that not everybody understands immediately, e.g. ‘monadic’, ‘dyadic’; hopefully the term is explained there.
- mathematical concepts that are treated more or less extensively, like some statistical distributions, PMF, PDF, CDF.

This is just a start, of course.

Regards,

Hans
08-16-2014, 09:22 PM
(08-16-2014 08:13 PM)hansklav Wrote:  
(08-16-2014 07:29 PM)walter b Wrote:  What do you want that index to contain?

Well, for instance:
- words and abbreviations that are important specifically in the context of the WP 31S, e.g. ‘UNDO’, ‘IOP’, ‘register browser’, ‘RESET’, ‘USB’.
- the first occurrence of words that not everybody understands immediately, e.g. ‘monadic’, ‘dyadic’; hopefully the term is explained there.
- mathematical concepts that are treated more or less extensively, like some statistical distributions, PMF, PDF, CDF.

Hmmh, I think I wrote a manual ... so call me old-school, but if you start reading at the beginning you'll find those topics covered in ...
... the Common Abbreviations (see IOP and USB explained on p. 10),
... Section 1: Getting Started (see monadic and dyadic functions explained on pp. 20 and 22, respectively, UNDO on p. 34),
... Section 3 dealing with the whole statistical stuff from the beginning,
... Section 5: Catalogs and a Browser .

And Section 4: Index of Operations is a place where you get reference information for each and every command (and which will point you to in depth coverage elsewhere if applicable).

Summing up, even the Table of Contents may be worth reading.

Do I have to repeat everything in an index? No, Sir, I'm not convinced yet.

d:-?
08-16-2014, 09:36 PM
(08-16-2014 09:22 PM)walter b Wrote:  What do you want that index to contain?
(08-16-2014 08:13 PM)hansklav Wrote:  Well, for instance:

Hmmh, I think I wrote a manual ... so call me old-school, but if you start reading at the beginning you'll find those topics covered in ...

(…)

Summing up, even the Table of Contents may be worth reading.

Do I have to repeat everything in an index? No, Sir, I'm not convinced yet.

Naturally, if you read every book from start to finish no book needs an index.

But in my experience every German non-fiction book has an index.
And many HP calculator manuals have an index.

So there are more people who find indices useful.

But of course it was just a suggestion.
And it’s your baby…

Regards,

Hans

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)