Casio Ans gives incorrect or previous answers
05-07-2024, 08:32 PM
Casio Ans gives incorrect or previous answers
Hi all.

I remember reading a post somewhere that the 115 series and 991 recall an answer from a previous calculation instead of the current answer from the calculation just performed. For example, if I use Ans in an expression, Ans recalls a value from the calculation previous from the calculation I just performed.

Not sure if I’m explaining this correctly, but I think you know the glitch I’m referring to. I also seem to remember a reference to using Shift Ans in some way. Please refresh my memory.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2024, 10:48 PM
RE: Casio Ans gives incorrect or previous answers
This might be related, but not quite what you're describing.
05-07-2024, 10:56 PM
(05-07-2024 10:48 PM)dm319 Wrote:  This might be related, but not quite what you're describing.

It’s been a while since that was posted. Bells are ringing. That is exactly what I was referring to! Thank for finding it.
05-10-2024, 05:15 PM
When I've contemplated the whole RPN vs algebraic debate, one of the arguments against having to backtrack to insert parentheses, is to simply evaluate and then use the Ans key. This is arguably using algebraic in a similar style to RPN. But this kind of thing happening is exactly the fear I have of doing this.

Same in datascience, it's not a good idea to use a variable and evaluate into the same variable.

My FX-6300G puts the whole number into the algebraic expression. But with 10 or so digits it's unwieldy.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)