Date format suggestion
12-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Date format suggestion
I respectfully suggest turning to a consistent date format:

Please use either yyyy-mm-dd (recommended since backed by ISO) or dd.mm.yyyy (ISO reverse) but not zigzag yyyy-dd-mm as it is now. In particular using hyphens (instead of slashes) in said zigzag format is confusing and annoying IMHO since it leads on the wrong track.

I can live with the AM/PM notation though.

Thanks in advance.

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2013, 10:04 AM
RE: Date format suggestion
User CP - Your Profile - Edit Options

Wink

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-20-2013, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 10:05 AM by Didier Lachieze.)
Hi Walter,
I don’t see any date in the yyyy-dd-mm format but I’ve customized the date and time options in my profile.
On top of the page you have a link to your User Control Panel (User_CP), there with “Edit Options” you can customize the forum for you.
Here is a snapshot of my Date and Time options for dates in dd-mm-yyyy format and time in 24h format:

12-20-2013, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2013 10:31 AM by walter b.)
Thanks Massimo & Didier,

I must have overlooked those options. Problem solved due to your support Smile - just the ISO variant (2013-12-20) is not provided there.

Good grief, these formats use to be so easily differentiable: 2013-12-20 = 20.12.2013 = 12/20/2013

dUndecided

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)