How to save CAS functions (programs)?
06-10-2014, 05:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 06:46 PM by Alberto Candel.)
How to save CAS functions (programs)?
Hi
I am having trouble figuring out the following. The new firmware allows to create CAS functions from the [New Program] (Shift 1 New). After input of name and check mark the CAS box, the following template is created
( ) -> BEGIN

END;

So I start writing a program. It seems that if I [check] and returns [no errors] then the program will show up in the list of [CAS Vars] and in the list of programs (appended with (cas)). But if for some reason I exit the program editor to do something else, the function that I was working on is nowhere to be found; title and typed contents are gone.

Is this how it works? How do I save my text, even if the program is not finished?

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: How to save CAS functions (programs)?
I always make sure that my program (not finished, in progress) compiles properly before exiting. Then it will be found in the program editor, and also in the memory manager, for future editing.

But beware: a calculator reset (On-Apps-Esc or hard reset) will wipe out all CAS programs, so back them up!
06-11-2014, 06:47 PM
(06-11-2014 02:55 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  I always make sure that my program (not finished, in progress) compiles properly before exiting. Then it will be found in the program editor, and also in the memory manager, for future editing.

But beware: a calculator reset (On-Apps-Esc or hard reset) will wipe out all CAS programs, so back them up!

Thank you Helge.

The behavior appears to be that the CAS program that you are editing will revert to the latest version that passed the [Check] mark successfully. So if you open a new CAS program, start editing, and exit the editor with ERROR, whatever your wrote (even title) will be gone because the latest working version did not exist.

It would be nice to have a [Save] feature ... or maybe there is one but I cannot find it.
06-11-2014, 08:48 PM
I agree . . .

You need to make sure that when you exit, you exit without an error. That means to make sure you have placeholders in place for unfinished loops, etc.
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM
For my own CAS programs, I make a copy of the text in a Note with the same name.
If the CAS memory is cleared, I create a function in CAS screen such as f(x,n):=x/n then I edit this function in Program View pasting the text of the Note.
06-12-2014, 09:55 PM
(06-12-2014 01:31 PM)Mic_Dec Wrote:  For my own CAS programs, I make a copy of the text in a Note with the same name.
If the CAS memory is cleared, I create a function in CAS screen such as f(x,n):=x/n then I edit this function in Program View pasting the text of the Note.

Yes, thanks, that is a solution. The only inconvenient is that in Notes I do not have the program templates available on the soft menus.
06-13-2014, 07:51 AM
I just use Notes to STORE the CAS program (by a Copy/paste) after complete editing in the Program EDITOR.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)