Did you loose time & date after update?
05-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Did you loose time & date after update?
Question in title.
For me the answer is yes and I was wondering if that somehow could be related to battery drain or screen flickering observed by Eried.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 04:12 PM
RE: Did you loose time & date after update?
Time went to 24 hour format but no loss of time and date.
05-29-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 07:00 PM by jebem.)
Yes, it did on mine, as follows:
1. The calculator was working fine, and no issues with battery life.
2. Having full battery, yesterday evening I did the update with no issues at all.
3. Just after the update, I checked it for a few minutes and it looked alright. I had no flickering issues but I was not asked to go thru the initial setup at that time either.
4. I did the power off in the Home mode and the selected App as the Function.
5. Today evening, the machine was turned to a brick. It didn't power on.
6. Plugged the calculator to the charger. It powered on by itself. The date and time as gone, showing the defaults.
7. It is charging now as I write this post. Trying to powering it off is now a exercise of patience, as it keeps powering on by itself. Never saw this behavior before this firmware update.
8. I decided to do a full wipe, so I had to unplug the charger to let me power off the calculator, then used the diagnostic mode (C,F,O and ON) to format the disk C and a Reset at the end.
9. Now I have got the initial setup menu asking to drag the "HP" icon to the right, then selected the language, setup the clock, etc. At this point I can see the famous flickering... time for another warm start (On,Symb).
10. Plugged the charger again and apparently it is possible now to power off the calculator having the charger plugged in. Well, sort off...it keeps powering on but now it is easier to get it powered off for a while.
11. For now, it is charging... Tomorrow I will check the calculator again. I can only hope for the best...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

05-29-2014, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 07:57 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Please see http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1463.html for the method to automatically get the correct release files. That will eliminate the power drain.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)