POSSIBLE BUG IN COMPILING PROGRAMS.
01-13-2019, 07:08 PM
POSSIBLE BUG IN COMPILING PROGRAMS.
Hello,
Maybe there is some bug when compiling programs. In USER TOOLBOX some progs. do not show up in the User menu. For the program to show up I have to open the Program menu, select it to open, press CHECK (it does not show any errors), click OK and then Esc. Only after the prog. shows in the USER TOOLBOX. All those steps are very inconvenient because you have to always check the list of progs in the Program menu against what shows up USER TOOLBOX menu. Is there any limit on how many programs you can have in the USER TOOLBOX menu?
Thank you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2019, 07:26 PM
RE: POSSIBLE BUG IN COMPILING PROGRAMS.
The steps you describe are required to compile a program. If you edit the program then it needs re-compiling. It won't show in the toolbox because what would be the point of showing a program that contains syntax errors?

It's all described in the user guide.
01-13-2019, 07:47 PM
(01-13-2019 07:26 PM)BruceH Wrote:  The steps you describe are required to compile a program. If you edit the program then it needs re-compiling. It won't show in the toolbox because what would be the point of showing a program that contains syntax errors?

It's all described in the user guide.

Hi,
Maybe I did not explain clearly enough. The prgs. where compiled befor and used with no errors and when I write some new prgs. and update the calc. through Connectivity Kit, the old prgs. (they were not touched at all) do not show up in the USER menu. They show up only if I just recompile them: no chenges were made and there are no errors during compile, only then they show up in USER menu.
01-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Are you up to date? There was a long standing issue where newly sent programs were not always compiled on send but definitely was corrected. And to be clear, this is files in the prgm menu key and not app files, correct?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
01-14-2019, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2019 01:08 AM by John P.)
(01-13-2019 11:43 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Are you up to date? There was a long standing issue where newly sent programs were not always compiled on send but definitely was corrected. And to be clear, this is files in the prgm menu key and not app files, correct?

Hello Tim,
These are programs in TOOLBOX User menu. I think I am up to date: firmware, VC and Connectivity Kit are Ver.: 2.1.14181 (2018 10 16).
01-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Hi!, John P :
You can see the description of Cyrille, from ... https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Calculator...-p/6970068

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)