50g Hangs on Graphics
04-30-2014, 06:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 06:28 PM by Alvaro.)
50g Hangs on Graphics
Hi everyone,
While Displaying a Graphic, pressing LS+"Table" menu result an error and then after you leave that screen there is a Display Curruption and the 50g hangs.
No one of the reset sequencies are working . You need to remove one of the batteries.

Or, do I do something wrong?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 07:18 PM
RE: 50g Hangs on Graphics
Can you share with us what function you graphed? I am unable to produce the behavior you described.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-30-2014, 07:27 PM
(04-30-2014 07:18 PM)Han Wrote:  Can you share with us what function you graphed? I am unable to produce the behavior you described.

Hi Han,
here all the procedure of I am doing:
LS (Left Shift)+"Y="
press add : SIN(X)
Press ERASE
Press DRAW
while the graphic of sin is displayed press LS+"Table"
it issues a error
Press CANCEL several times until you exit
then you see the Display Corruption and the 50g Hangs

I have tried that with several other functions and always the same, so you can use any function you like.
04-30-2014, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 07:37 PM by Han.)
(04-30-2014 07:27 PM)Alvaro Wrote:  
(04-30-2014 07:18 PM)Han Wrote:  Can you share with us what function you graphed? I am unable to produce the behavior you described.

Hi Han,
here all the procedure of I am doing:
LS (Left Shift)+"Y="
press add : SIN(X)
Press ERASE
Press DRAW
while the graphic of sin is displayed press LS+"Table"
it issues a error
Press CANCEL several times until you exit
then you see the Display Corruption and the 50g Hangs

I have tried that with several other functions and always the same, so you can use any function you like.

Out of curiosity, what firmware are you using? You can find this with the VERSION command. Also, would you mind typing HEX (sets calculator into HEX mode) and then RCLF (recalls the current settings) and share what the list of hexadecimal values are? I am still unable to produce the behavior you describe. When I press LS+"Table" I only get a beep but no actual error message.

04-30-2014, 07:44 PM
(04-30-2014 07:37 PM)Han Wrote:  Out of curiosity, what firmware are you using? You can find this with the VERSION command. Also, would you mind typing HEX (sets calculator into HEX mode) and then RCLF (recalls the current settings) and share what the list of hexadecimal values are? I am still unable to produce the behavior you describe. When I press LS+"Table" I only get a beep but no actual error message.

And your 50g does not hang after that beep?
Firmware version is 2.15
The RCLF command says this:
# 204010FF0h,# 0h
# 8000000042000000h
# 0h}
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Please, can someone also reproduce the Hang on Graphics?
I need to know if there is something wrong with my 50g
Thank you.
05-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Still unable to reproduce what you described. Every time I press LS+Table while viewing the graph, it just beeps at me. When I press CANCEL, it goes back to the screen where I can enter in my function.

05-01-2014, 12:49 PM
(05-01-2014 12:31 PM)Han Wrote:  Still unable to reproduce what you described. Every time I press LS+Table while viewing the graph, it just beeps at me. When I press CANCEL, it goes back to the screen where I can enter in my function.

Hi Han,
Thank you.
Well, it beeps an there is pop up error message "Real number required". At the table it is pointing to "X"=0 and the "Y1" value is "0".
If I press "ON(Cancel)" and "OK" it keeps displaying the same error.
After pressing "ON"(Cancel) until I leave the "Table" window the display freezes with garbage on it.
That happens only when the Function Graph is displayed and then hit LS+"Table".
05-01-2014, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 02:40 PM by Alvaro.)
As nobody can reproduce the error, I assume there is something with my 50g.
What do you people would do?

-Reset with Clip will erase everything I have installed? Will be that enough?
-Re-flashing Firmware?
05-01-2014, 04:48 PM
(05-01-2014 02:34 PM)Alvaro Wrote:  As nobody can reproduce the error, I assume there is something with my 50g.

-Re-flashing Firmware?

I also tried to replicate what you're seeing, but my result was the same as Han's.

As always, performing a backup (see the ARCHIVE command) is advisable if you are concerned about losing data. I would recommend doing this before anything else.

The message you're seeing makes me wonder if there's something unexpected in one of the system-created objects that the calculator uses in the plotting process. If you don't mind losing previously-created plotting parameters, you could always try deleting the following objects: TPAR, PPAR, ZPAR, X, Y1 (Y2, Y3, etc.), EQ. Then try the same steps you outlined above to see if the problem is cleared up. Again: make a backup first if you're concerned about losing anything.

If that doesn't clear up the problem, I would try a "soft reset" -- press and hold the ON key, press and release the C key, then release the ON key. This will clear any stack variables, but all saved objects should be OK as long as there's no file system corruption (which is very unlikely).

The "paper clip reset" would be a next attempt, though I would be surprised if the results were any different than the soft reset.

I would never say never Smile, but the likelihood of needing a firmware update is very small. Clearing out the entire system with "ON-A-F" would be both easier and faster, though it would (of course) cause you to lose all HOME and port 0 contents. Ports 1 and 2 should be left intact, though. Again: see the ARCHIVE command. It's your friend.
05-01-2014, 06:55 PM
(05-01-2014 04:48 PM)DavidM Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 02:34 PM)Alvaro Wrote:  As nobody can reproduce the error, I assume there is something with my 50g.

-Re-flashing Firmware?

I also tried to replicate what you're seeing, but my result was the same as Han's.

As always, performing a backup (see the ARCHIVE command) is advisable if you are concerned about losing data. I would recommend doing this before anything else.

The message you're seeing makes me wonder if there's something unexpected in one of the system-created objects that the calculator uses in the plotting process. If you don't mind losing previously-created plotting parameters, you could always try deleting the following objects: TPAR, PPAR, ZPAR, X, Y1 (Y2, Y3, etc.), EQ. Then try the same steps you outlined above to see if the problem is cleared up. Again: make a backup first if you're concerned about losing anything.

If that doesn't clear up the problem, I would try a "soft reset" -- press and hold the ON key, press and release the C key, then release the ON key. This will clear any stack variables, but all saved objects should be OK as long as there's no file system corruption (which is very unlikely).

The "paper clip reset" would be a next attempt, though I would be surprised if the results were any different than the soft reset.

I would never say never Smile, but the likelihood of needing a firmware update is very small. Clearing out the entire system with "ON-A-F" would be both easier and faster, though it would (of course) cause you to lose all HOME and port 0 contents. Ports 1 and 2 should be left intact, though. Again: see the ARCHIVE command. It's your friend.

Hi DavidM,
Nothing helped. I manually purge all LIB and other stuff except the HP Orig. LIB.
Then, I repeat the procedure above and now I can not enter the "Table" menu any longer, it just beeps and nothing else. Before there was displaying a Table with Function values.
After re-flashing the HP50g, I can not enter the Table display from the Graphic Display also.
So there must be some problem with the other LIB that I have had installed.
I will install them one by one again and post here the result.
05-01-2014, 07:47 PM
(05-01-2014 06:55 PM)Alvaro Wrote:  Hi DavidM,
Nothing helped. I manually purge all LIB and other stuff except the HP Orig. LIB.
Then, I repeat the procedure above and now I can not enter the "Table" menu any longer, it just beeps and nothing else. Before there was displaying a Table with Function values.
After re-flashing the HP50g, I can not enter the Table display from the Graphic Display also.
I believe it's normal to not be able to enter the table display directly if you're currently viewing the plot -- at least I couldn't do that with any settings I tried. If you see the plot, then press the ON key (or the CANCL softkey) to go back to the "PLOT - FUNCTION" display. From there, you should be able to view the table.

I verified this with a completely "fresh" 50g -- no libs or data installed in any port, no SD card installed, ROM version 2.15, just after a "MEMORY LOST" to make sure nothing else was changed.
05-01-2014, 07:49 PM
(05-01-2014 06:55 PM)Alvaro Wrote:  Hi DavidM,

I installed some of the LIB that I had had installed and one of them is to blame.
With that LIB installed when I press LS+"Table" the Table is poping up and when I leave it then the 50g Crashes. Sad

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)