(HP-67) Predicting the Payload Capability of Cable Logging Systems
01-02-2019, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2019 08:23 PM by SlideRule.)
(HP-67) Predicting the Payload Capability of Cable Logging Systems
An extract from Predicting the Payload Capability of Cable Logging Systems, Gary D. Falk, Research Paper NE-479 (US Forest Service), 1981 …

A systematic procedure for predicting the payload capability of running, live, and standing skylines is presented. Three hand-held calculator programs are used to predict payload capability that includes the effect of partial suspension. The programs allow for predictions for downhill yarding and for yarding away from the yarder. The equations and basic principles involved in analyzing skyline systems for allowable payload are presented.

… replete with equations, examples & program descriptions (alas, NO listings) pages 14-29, in the 36 page publication.

BEST!
SlideRule
revised to reflect NO program listing, sorry
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: (HP-67) Predicting the Payload Capability of Cable Logging Systems
(01-02-2019 01:31 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  An extract from Predicting the Payload Capability of Cable Logging Systems, Gary D. Falk, Research Paper NE-479 (US Forest Service), 1981 …

Obviously the most important part has not been extracted:

(01-02-2019 01:31 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  … replete with equations, examples, program descriptions & listings, pages 14-29, in the 36 page publication.

I cannot find any listings on page 14-29, nor on any other page of the PDF.
All I see are several pages with user instructions and program descriptions, but not a single line of code.

Am I missing something ?-)

Dieter
01-02-2019, 08:24 PM
RE: (HP-67) Predicting the Payload Capability of Cable Logging Systems
(01-02-2019 07:43 PM)Dieter Wrote:  I cannot find any listings on page 14-29, nor on any other page of the PDF.
All I see are several pages with user instructions and program descriptions, but not a single line of code.

Am I missing something ?-)

Dieter

Good eye, my oversight: corrected!

BEST!
SlideRule

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)