(19B) Priority Scheduling Rule
11-01-2018, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2018 05:14 PM by SlideRule.)
(19B) Priority Scheduling Rule
From the Working with your Business Consultant Professional Calculator series, Manufacturing Consultant booklet, Priority Scheduling Rule;
formula
PRIORITY=(WKHRS-TIME)÷#OPS
where
WHHRS = work hours until delivery date
TIME = total processing time
#OPS = number of remaining operations
"Priority scheduling rules are used to determine the order in which
customer orders should be worked. One priority scheduling rule uses
an index based on the number or work hours until the delivery date,
the processing time for the order and the number of operations re-
maining to complete the order. The lower the index, the higher the
priority."

Is there interest in this series?

SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2018, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2018 12:58 PM by Dieter.)
RE: [19B] Priority Scheduling Rule
(11-01-2018 12:00 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  [19B] Priority Scheduling Rule

Since you used square brackets in the subject this thread now is listed as the very last one in the whole forum. Which also means it is also not listed among other 19B programs here. That's why you better follow the general thread naming convention and put the calculator name in regular brackets (). Gene did so with your other 19BII post which he moved on your request, so that one is listed correctly.

Dieter
11-01-2018, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 01:33 PM by SlideRule.)
(11-01-2018 12:56 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Since you used …
Dieter

Danks.

Is there any interest in the series? If so, I'll scan & transmit the series
1) Real Estate consultant 2e 1986-11 #00018-90040
2) Manufacturing consultant 1e 1986-04 #00018-90037
3) Banking consultant
4) Business Finance consultant
5) Small Business consultant
6) Personal Investment consultant
7) Marketing consultant
8) Direct Sales consultant

… based on the response to the selected sample listed? If not, I won't pursue any additional postings on same (was going to request the post be deleted).
Any member with the vested authorization is certainly free to modify the post, no ruffling intended.

BEST!
SlideRule
11-01-2018, 03:27 PM
I'm always interested in Solver applications since they can often be used by other calculator models as well. The 27S/19B Technical Applications programs were easily ported to the 95lx/100lx. If you do the program entry on a palmtop then it's easy to export the result by serial port or compact flash card.

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
11-01-2018, 04:01 PM
(11-01-2018 03:27 PM)mfleming Wrote:  I'm always interested in Solver applications …
~Mark
Thanks for the reply … any particular booklet (1-8) or topic?

BEST!
SlideRule
11-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Both 2 & 6 (Manufacturing consultant, Personal Investment consultant) look interesting. Are any of these by chance HP publications? There were several in the same area for the 17B but with different titles. If these are for the 19Bii then a scan of them would certainly be of interest.

I see that you've posted a couple of individual formulas. I would suggest grouping the formulas from a given manual into a single post to make it easier to build a collection. I'd be happy to transcribe the set of formulas into my HP100lx and then post the Solver file for others to download and use (sayeth the obviously retired member with time on his hands).

See the Technical Applications post as an example of what I mean.

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
11-02-2018, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2018 01:34 PM by SlideRule.)
Your interest is appreciated. The series (1-8) are HP publications dating from the mid-80's. They appear to be clamshell generic with an 18C (mod to post #3) pictured on the cover. Based on your response, I'm in the process of "scanning" the series (1-8) for inclusion in the MoHPC archives.

BEST!
SlideRule

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)