hp-prime text font
10-31-2018, 01:27 PM
hp-prime text font
Hello, the text font of the guide and the user manual, which are supplied with the simulator, it seems that they are not installed in the operating system, for example, windows, therefore, when copying text from PDF to Word files , some symbols are not displayed correctly.

Please in next update when installing the simulator, also install the text font

Thank you so much.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2018, 01:30 PM
RE: hp-prime text font
No. If this is important you can place it there. It is not meant to be a system font.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-31-2018, 01:35 PM
For teachers this is important, because it allows the writing of text with the fonts of the hp-prime, according to the previous argument make a copy of the fonts as fonts of the system is justified
10-31-2018, 01:38 PM
Then install the font. Do you need instructions?

It is not meant to be a system font.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-31-2018, 01:52 PM
copying or install the fonts is trivial, C:\Program Files\HP\HP Prime Virtual Calculator\fonts\ PrimeSansMono.ttf PrimeSansFull.ttf PrimeSansBold.ttf to windows fonts
but it is not about how easy or difficult it is, but that it is an automatic process.

I am promoting the use of hp-prime in my university and any process that facilitates life even if trivial is useful.

I'm not a systems engineer. I do not know how hard it is to add the text fonts to the installer. If this takes many days of work is not justified, if it is trivial why not incorporate?

As I said it will be useful in the writing of educational documents using the product that you have developed.
10-31-2018, 03:57 PM
(10-31-2018 01:27 PM)compsystems Wrote:  when copying text from PDF to Word files , some symbols are not displayed correctly.

You have to fix it yourself. The manual also uses the wrong fonts such as page 507 and etc..
► Evaluates the expression then stores the result in variable var. Note that cannot be used with the graphics G0–G9. See the command BLIT.

Correct
Evaluates the expression then stores the result in variable var. Note that ► cannot be used with the graphics G0–G9. See the command BLIT.

Sample HP Prime USER Guide in word format

[Image: 1.png]
[Image: 2.png]
[Image: 3.png]
[Image: 4.png]
[Image: 5.png]
10-31-2018, 05:45 PM
(10-31-2018 01:52 PM)compsystems Wrote:  copying or install the fonts is trivial, C:\Program Files\HP\HP Prime Virtual Calculator\fonts\ PrimeSansMono.ttf PrimeSansFull.ttf PrimeSansBold.ttf to windows fonts
but it is not about how easy or difficult it is, but that it is an automatic process.

I am promoting the use of hp-prime in my university and any process that facilitates life even if trivial is useful.

I'm not a systems engineer. I do not know how hard it is to add the text fonts to the installer. If this takes many days of work is not justified, if it is trivial why not incorporate?

As I said it will be useful in the writing of educational documents using the product that you have developed.
A teacher should be smart enough to know how to install the HP fonts (included in the HP downloads) in Windows. Everything you need is already there. You just have to right-click on the font you want to install and then click Install from the pop-up menu.

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-31-2018, 06:59 PM
in a computer room you can perform the installation on several computers and as I said before is trivial, right click install, but that is not the point, but automate the process for computers, to avoid simple and complex tasks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)