Price range for a HP 41cx
10-26-2018, 03:39 AM
Price range for a HP 41cx
Hello,

I would like to know what is the price range you think for a good 41cx in a box, completed no corrosion, working good, fullnut.

TIA

Cheers

JL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2018, 08:05 AM
RE: Price range for a HP 41cx
I’ve seen some ridiculous (presumably a dealer?) prices - highest was £750!
I bought my HP-41CX 3 years ago from a guy in Harrogate for £45. It had never been used bought as a backup to his work one in Singapore. I believe he turned down X4 £45 from dealers as he wanted it to go to someone who knew how incredible they are. He was slowly going blind with MD and moving into sheltered care after a lifetime in the Oil Industry. Some kind people in the HPCC (you know who you are!) gave me lots of bits and pieces accessories including a card reader and printer. I also got one of the HEPAX modules from Diego that allows you to put a number of modules onto just one as I see people asking £150+ just for a single module.
I also bought the DM41L from SwissMicro which is an awesome modern version of the
HP-41CX. You probably know about the i41cx+ app which must be the best software emulation I’ve seen of the real thing. I think the same programmer does the HP-67/97 apps as well. I’m still looking for an HP-97 as it was the very first programmable Calculator I wrote software for - I did buy an HP-97 from eBay for £130 but it turned out to a total dud, a number of electronics friends tried to get it working to no avail and I believe it’s now in the Museum of The University of Valencia (long story!).
My next door neighbour is retiring and moving and has given me every electronic gadget he’s ever bought since the 80s so the 3 calculators I don’t have or can’t afford - the HP-97, HP-42C and the HP-35 are each running as apps on 3 separate iPhone 3s!

Denny Tuckerman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-27-2018, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2018 05:28 AM by Gerald H.)
On ebay now, 1,111 euros, no box.
10-28-2018, 12:12 AM
Sellers prices that only ship within USA is often (much) lower than sellers prices that do international shipping.
My experience as a international buyer from Canada, you should expect to pay around $250.00 USD with a plus/minus $50.00 range for a complete HP-41CX fullnut (calculator, manuals, box, pamphlets, etc) in great condition.
Of course, you can get one lower than that, but you have to very patient and lucky. Mint ones will normally sell at a higher price. YMMV
10-31-2018, 02:37 AM
(10-28-2018 12:12 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Sellers prices that only ship within USA is often (much) lower than sellers prices that do international shipping.
My experience as a international buyer from Canada, you should expect to pay around $250.00 USD with a plus/minus $50.00 range for a complete HP-41CX fullnut (calculator, manuals, box, pamphlets, etc) in great condition.
Of course, you can get one lower than that, but you have to very patient and lucky. Mint ones will normally sell at a higher price. YMMV

Thanks Sylvain, international sellers are really more expensive, not mention many opt for the global shipping program that triple the costs.

I think I will try a 41cx calculator only, not thinking as a collector but more to enjoy the calculator itself.

Thanks everybody that responded the thread, I appreciate all the informations.

Cheers

JL

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)