Engineering Equation Library & Analysis
09-01-2018, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 03:58 PM by BERNARD MICHAUD.)
Engineering Equation Library & Analysis
UPDATE: January 21,2022

I have re_downloaded EE Analysis 6 App, due to a possibility the file was corrupted as a request from user.

EE_Analysis 6.hpappdir

To Exit the Apps (Library and Analysis) Press [View] and 1 Quit Analysis or 2 Quit Library.

[b]BM

Attached File(s)
.pdf  EE Analysis 6 Quick Guide.pdf (Size: 2.86 MB / Downloads: 892)
.zip  EE Library 6.hpappdir.zip (Size: 544 KB / Downloads: 361)
.zip  EE Analysis 6.hpappdir.zip (Size: 31.53 KB / Downloads: 153)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2018, 12:30 AM
RE: Engineering Equation Library & Analysis
Absolutely wonderful, Bernard. Thank you!

I must say it is rather shocking that not a single person (other than myself) has made a comment despite the downloads. But I suspect it could be due to the fact that most people jump to the "HP Prime" sub-forum rather than the "HP Software Libraries" sub-forum. As of today, Sept. 5, 2018, there are 25,945 posts in "HP Prime" but only 1,929 posts in "HP Software Libraries." Maybe a "hey, folks, check this out" post in "HP Prime" might be in order to get more eyes on it.

As you and I discussed offline, someone clearly isn't reading the instructions. You do indeed need to have all 3 programs installed on your Prime and you must use EEVARS first.

Question: How often must EEVARS be run?
09-05-2018, 01:47 AM
Thank you for your words of encouragement James. re: EEVARS you just need to run it once. If you retain EEVARS and delete EELIBRARY, all variables from EEVARS are still available to the HOME environment and even other programs. Try it in HOME or the Solver or other Apps.
In other words you can make your own set of variables say for Fiber Optics or a set of mathematical vars and use them from HOME command line. They will be retained by the Prime until you delete the program (like EEVARS).

Thanks Again

BM
09-05-2018, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2018 04:01 PM by compsystems.)
Hello, in the third step the terminal view is shown in white.

ENGLIB() [enter]
3: Resistive Circuits [enter]
4: Ohm's Law & Power" [enter]

//

It is possible after solving an equation to return to the previous menu?
09-06-2018, 06:33 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge all of the work that went into this. It is very well done for being version 1.00. Thanks for all of your efforts! :-)

I would love to have an icon on the App screen to make it easier to launch without going into the Programs area first, so that's probably something I will add myself, if only to make it feel more integrated with the rest of the calculator.

Again, great job!
Eric
09-06-2018, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2018 10:56 PM by BERNARD MICHAUD.)
Quote:Hello, in the third step the terminal view is shown in white.

ENGLIB() [enter]
3: Resistive Circuits [enter]
4: Ohm's Law & Power" [enter]

//

It is possible after solving an equation to return to the previous menu?

I posted the Library in advance of documentation and am presently inserting comments in some of the topics for clarification. Ex:(Resistive Circuit) "1- Resistance and Conductance" that will be pertinent to the equations in that block. This may take a while. The reason you got a blank screen is due to an empty Print statement.PRINT(" "); Just press [Enter] and the program will resume and take you to the first equation in that block E1. You can view the rest of the set by pressing [Symb]. To return to the Main Menu, while in the solver, press [Shift] + [Program] and EELIBRARY will appear at the top of the program list, so just press (Run). That's the only way to return to the Main Menu. The last item in the EELIB... menu is a call to EE_Analysis. Likewise in EE_Analysis the last Menu item will call EELIB..... .
Within the EE_Analysis program you can repeat the topic or go back to the Main menu, but this cannot be done with any Apps.

I am also looking into converting the program into an APP in time.

BM
09-06-2018, 10:45 PM
To use the EELIBRARY program, you need to run EEVARS at least once as this will install all the variables used by EELIBRARY which will not run on its own.

BM
09-10-2018, 12:36 PM
(09-06-2018 10:25 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  The reason you got a blank screen is due to an empty Print statement.PRINT(" ");

<snip>

I am also looking into converting the program into an APP in time.

BM

Ahh, I suspected that those empty Print statements might have been placeholders for something that was yet to be added. I just removed them on my calc for now, but I'll keep an eye out for your updates. :-)

As to converting to an APP, I'm not sure what's required to correctly do that, but my simple attempt at a launcher was to make a copy of the Solve App, rename it to 'EE Library', and put this code in its program tab:

Code:

#pragma mode( separator(.,;) integer(h32) )
ENGLIB();
VIEW "EE Library",START()
BEGIN
    ENGLIB();
END;

I also changed the newly created app stub's icon to an EE-related one that I found at random on the web. Now I have a nice little 'App' to open your EELibrary from.

Thanks again Bernard!
09-11-2018, 12:17 AM
So is it officially an "app" now or just a "library"?

:-)
09-12-2018, 02:23 PM
Quote: So is it officially an "app" now or just a "library"?

It is not an App yet. but it will be soon.

BM
09-15-2018, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018 02:09 AM by BERNARD MICHAUD.)
EE_Library is now available as an App

I suggest you also download EE_Analysis as the two programs can call each other
via the last topic in the Main Menu list. You may delete EEVARS from your
Program List since the variable are now embedded in the App.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-11312.html

BM
09-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Bernard,

Your opening post in this thread as of right now has the following 4 downloads listed:
  • EE_Analysis.hpprgm
  • EEVARS.hpprgm
  • EELIBRARY.hpprgm
  • EE Library.hpappdir.zip

You are saying that we can delete everything and then install ONLY "EE Library.hpappdir" and it will work fine? Or are you saying that we need to delete everything (those of us who already have your previous version "library" installed), and then install BOTH "EE Library.hpappdir" and "EE_Analysis" because "EE Library.hpappdir" lacks something that "EE_Analysis" has?
09-15-2018, 04:47 PM
Quote: EE_Analysis.hpprgm
EEVARS.hpprgm
EELIBRARY.hpprgm
EE Library.hpappdir.zip

You are saying that we can delete everything and then install ONLY "EE Library.hpappdir" and it will work fine? Or are you saying that we need to delete everything (those of us who already have your previous version "library" installed), and then install BOTH "EE Library.hpappdir" and "EE_Analysis" because "EE Library.hpappdir" lacks something that "EE_Analysis" has?

The explanation below is directed at all users in general and may clear up some misconception between Local and Global variables even if it was not part of the question above.

1- EE_Analysis: This program runs on its own. It contains some topics found in EELIBRARY like Ohms Law and Power. The reason for the duplication is that in the Solver, Ohms Law and Power cannot use Complex Numbers or Units, but in EE_Analysis it can. The same is applicable to Series and Parallel Circuits, Delta to Wye, Mesh analysis, etc.

2- EEVARS: This part contains all the variables that are used by EELIBRARY
These variables such as (ΔVCE, ΔTj) are declared with the EXPORT command and become Global Variables and can be used by the Prime from the Command line in Home, in Apps or anywhere else just like A to Z,θ. Without declaring these variables the Solver App is limited to (Prime's Global variables). EELIBRARY will not run without EEVARS. You must run EEVARS at least once before running EELIBRARY.

3- EELIBRARY: Is a compilation of Equations only,which are found in most Engineering/Electronic text books. EELIBRARY will not run without first and once running EEVARS.. The equations are loaded in the Solver App and use the variables declared by EEVARS.

4- EE Library APP: is a combination of EELIBRARY and EEVARS.
When EE Library is not running the variables are not available. They are as Local variables, which when any Program that uses Local variables only is terminated, the variables are also terminated.

in summary you can use:
1- (EELIBRARY + EEVARS ) but not EELIBRARY by itself.
2- (EE Library APP) by itself).
3- (EE_Analysis + EELIBRARY + EEVARS) .
4- (EE_Analysis + EE Library App). "Best choice." Since these two Program can call each other via the last option in the Main Menus.

If you use Option 4 it would make sense to delete EELIBRARY and EEVARS from your Program List. :-)

I welcome any questions or suggestions which can be beneficial to this Library.

Bernard
09-15-2018, 05:32 PM
I forgot to mention one thing in case you don't know. When you are done with the EE Library App. Press [Apps] and tap on another App such as Function and this will terminate EE Library App.

BM
09-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Outstanding job !! I did not see any basic series/parallel formulas for resistors.
caps. or inductors. such as RT=r1+r2+etc total ohm values in a series dc circuit.
Very basic but should be included ? Thanks again for your efforts.
09-15-2018, 07:35 PM
john c wrote
Quote:RE: Engineering Equation Library & Analysis
Outstanding job !! I did not see any basic series/parallel formulas for resistors.
caps. or inductors. such as RT=r1+r2+etc total ohm values in a series dc circuit.
Very basic but should be included ? Thanks again for your efforts.

Thank you for the compliment; a resistor is also classified as an impedance.
In the EE_Analysis item 6 and 7 deals with Series Impedance and Parallel Impedance. eg. 1 Add Imp. (R,±X) or Z∡±θ
2 Total Impedance
Press 1 repeatedly to accumulate your impedance.(you can mix real or complex #.)
Press 2 to get the result.

BM
09-15-2018, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply. I tried it as you suggested. works great. Thanks
for the clarification.
09-18-2018, 12:56 AM
EE_Analysis Update

A minor update to correct:

E Series & Parallel Resonance

2 Series Resonance

3 Parallel Resonance

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-113...#pid103036

BM
09-18-2018, 01:18 AM
(09-15-2018 05:32 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote:  When you are done with the EE Library App. Press [Apps] and tap on another App such as Function and this will terminate EE Library App.

Bernard, the ESC key and the ON key often are used to terminate, cancel or exit. Can ESC and ON also be used, or do you have reasons for allowing only the press of the App key to terminate your EE Library App?

Thanks.
09-18-2018, 10:19 PM
Quote:Bernard, the ESC key and the ON key often are used to terminate, cancel or exit. Can ESC and ON also be used, or do you have reasons for allowing only the press of the App key to terminate your EE Library App?

Try pressing the [ON] or the [ESC] key to terminate several times, then press [View] key and your EE meny will return.

Press [APPS] key, tap another icon, then view. ??????

BM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)