purchase request: ARISTO pocket calculators wanted
09-01-2018, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2018 09:19 PM by oszsmz.)
purchase request: ARISTO pocket calculators wanted
Hello,
I'm looking for calculators of the German brand ARISTO from the 70s. If someone wants to sell one or more ARISTO calculators or knows someone please contact me.

I am particularly interested in the models M27, M36, M64, M75E/M75ES, top/topS, M300, tourist.

More information about the devices here:
http://www.hh.schule.de/metalltechnik-di...echner.htm

Thank you for helping me with my search.

[Image: aristo-m27.jpg]
[Image: aristo-m27-letzte-vers.jpg]
[Image: aristo-m36.jpg]
[Image: aristo-m64-2.jpg]
[Image: aristo-m75e.jpg]
[Image: aristo-m75es.jpg]
[Image: aristo-top.jpg]
[Image: aristo-m300.jpg]
[Image: aristo-tourist.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2018, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2018 07:17 PM by Namir.)
RE: purchase request: ARISTO pocket calculators wanted
What are you willing to pay for the M42 or compatible and for the scientific version?

Namir
09-03-2018, 09:53 PM
(09-02-2018 07:17 PM)Namir Wrote:  What are you willing to pay for the M42 or compatible and for the scientific version?

Namir

Check mail Smile
09-04-2018, 09:28 PM
I didn't realize Aristo even made calculators. I know them more as a slide rule maker.
Did they ever make hybrid Slide rule / calculators like the Faber-Castell TR-1 / TR-2 / TR-3 ?

http://www.faber-castell.com.my/-/media/...0&bc=white
09-05-2018, 01:21 AM
(09-04-2018 09:28 PM)burkhard Wrote:  I didn't realize Aristo even made calculators. I know them more as a slide rule maker.
Did they ever make hybrid Slide rule / calculators like the Faber-Castell TR-1 / TR-2 / TR-3 ?

Yes they did. Pretty rare.
09-05-2018, 07:10 AM
(09-05-2018 01:21 AM)John Cadick Wrote:  
(09-04-2018 09:28 PM)burkhard Wrote:  I didn't realize Aristo even made calculators. I know them more as a slide rule maker.

Yes they did. Pretty rare.

Really? That would be surprising. Do you have pictures or other sources which combi-devices Aristo has produced? All I knew so far was that Aristo had either slide rules or calculators in his program.
09-05-2018, 01:01 PM
(09-05-2018 07:10 AM)oszsmz Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 01:21 AM)John Cadick Wrote:  Yes they did. Pretty rare.

Really? That would be surprising. Do you have pictures or other sources which combi-devices Aristo has produced? All I knew so far was that Aristo had either slide rules or calculators in his program.

I was going to ask him as well, but I think John's "Yes they did. Pretty rare." referred to me stating that I didn't realize they made calculators, NOT my later question asking if they made hybrid calculator/slide rules like the Faber-Castell TR series. If Aristo did make hybrids, I'd like to see them also. It was such a narrow slice of time when a product like that made any possible sense And even that is rather dubious... Calculator development was moving too fast.
09-05-2018, 04:19 PM
(09-05-2018 01:01 PM)burkhard Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 07:10 AM)oszsmz Wrote:  Really? That would be surprising. Do you have pictures or other sources which combi-devices Aristo has produced? All I knew so far was that Aristo had either slide rules or calculators in his program.

I was going to ask him as well, but I think John's "Yes they did. Pretty rare." referred to me stating that I didn't realize they made calculators, NOT my later question asking if they made hybrid calculator/slide rules like the Faber-Castell TR series. If Aristo did make hybrids, I'd like to see them also. It was such a narrow slice of time when a product like that made any possible sense And even that is rather dubious... Calculator development was moving too fast.

I think, like you, that John meant Faber-Castell by that. But who knows, I would be happy about the discovery of a new Ariosto species Wink
09-05-2018, 07:52 PM
(09-05-2018 04:19 PM)oszsmz Wrote:  
(09-05-2018 01:01 PM)burkhard Wrote:  I was going to ask him as well, but I think John's "Yes they did. Pretty rare." referred to me stating that I didn't realize they made calculators, NOT my later question asking if they made hybrid calculator/slide rules like the Faber-Castell TR series. If Aristo did make hybrids, I'd like to see them also. It was such a narrow slice of time when a product like that made any possible sense And even that is rather dubious... Calculator development was moving too fast.

I think, like you, that John meant Faber-Castell by that. But who knows, I would be happy about the discovery of a new Ariosto species Wink

Aristo came no closer to the hybrid slide rule than here:
[Image: aristo-tuete.jpg]
Wink
09-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Sorry. I was having a senior moment. Aristo (to my knowledge) did not make a slide rule with a calculator on the back. I should have checked before I answered. That was FC.
09-06-2018, 06:53 AM
(09-06-2018 02:10 AM)John Cadick Wrote:  Sorry. I was having a senior moment. Aristo (to my knowledge) did not make a slide rule with a calculator on the back. I should have checked before I answered. That was FC.

Hi John, no need to apologize, you are welcome Smile
Aristo could have come up with the idea of making a hybrid slide rule. The design might have been as pretty as the regular calculators and we would have some more beautiful artifacts today...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)