Odd omission on two calcs
04-16-2014, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2014 12:06 AM by Matt Agajanian.)
Odd omission on two calcs
Hi all,

Unless I'm mistaken, both the Casio fx-115es and Sharp EL-W516X are missing a Degrees<>Radians conversion pair of functions.

So, I guess we need to use the old routine from SR-50 days:

x [sin] (switch angular mode) [sin^-1].

Hmm. it's a peculiar conversion/function omission on Sharp and Casio's part to say the least.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-16-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Odd omission on two calcs
(04-16-2014 12:05 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all,

Unless I'm mistaken, both the Casio fx-115es and Sharp EL-W516X are missing a Degrees<>Radians conversion pair of functions.

On the EL-W516X you can do angular conversions by [2nd] [Dec point] which is "DRG>" in brown. It converts RAD>GRAD>DEG in sequence.

I have by no means figured this whole thing out, but it's a pretty nice machine for about $23 (TAS). The "manual" however leaves a lot or room for improvement; a single folded sheet that opens out to 23.5" x 14.75". But it is double-sided, so maybe I'm judging harshly.

This makes me smile when folks complain about the Prime and 50g "poor documentation". Sure they could be better, but 1 folded sheet of paper? Sheesh!

Having a copy of Walter's Printed WP-34S manual has permanently changed my landscape of what to expect (and hope for) in a manual. And though some would argue that it cost more than the EL-W516X machine itself, it's easily worth it and I could not be happier to pay for similar high quality products.

--Bob Prosperi
04-16-2014, 02:25 AM
(04-16-2014 01:07 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(04-16-2014 12:05 AM)Matt Agajanian Wrote:  Hi all,

On the EL-W516X you can do angular conversions by [2nd] [Dec point] which is "DRG>" in brown. It converts RAD>GRAD>DEG in sequence.
<SNIP>

Thanks. Keyboard scan oversight--many, many functions getting lost in the inspection. Now that I see where the f(x) is, I know.

Thanks.
04-16-2014, 04:36 AM
(04-16-2014 01:07 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Having a copy of Walter's Printed WP-34S manual has permanently changed my landscape of what to expect (and hope for) in a manual. And though some would argue that it cost more than the EL-W516X machine itself, it's easily worth it and I could not be happier to pay for similar high quality products.

Thank you very much [blush] Smile
04-16-2014, 02:21 PM
On 115ES:
shift+Ans to call the conversion menu. 。, r and g represents degree, radius and grad. It will convert to the current angle mode. (Set in SET UP)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)