41CL How to install CLUTILS-4H
06-14-2018, 02:29 PM
41CL How to install CLUTILS-4H
Hi, I need to install the CLXPMEM Library on my 41CV V5, at this moment in the form of my nsimII emulator.
(Yes, I am waiting for a new batch, I have already ordered my 41CL)
I have tested various number of configurations, but CLXPMEM do not work.
I installed CLXPMEM as XPMM.
This is my page structure:
Page Port Module Description
4 = LIBRARY#4
8 1L OSX3 AMC OSX-4
9 1U XPMM CLXPMEM
A 2L PWRX CLUTILS-AH
B 2U YFNX
C 3L MASS X MASS STORAGE
D 3U WRAM W&W RAMBOX 64

the command PGCAT from OSX3 (XEQ ALPHA PGCAT ALPHA)
return:
3:-EXT FCN 3B
4:-LIBRARY#4
5:-TIME 3A
6:-PRINTER-
7: NO ROM (Reserved for HP-IL ---> PIL-BOX)
8:-OSX BANK2
9:-CLXMEM 1L
A:-PWRCL EXT
B:-YFNX
C:-X MASS STG
D:-RAMBOX 64B.
E:CARD RDR 1E
F: NO ROM (FREE)

I verified the installation with CHKSYS from OSX3 (XEQ ALPHA CHKSYS ALPHA)
that returns CONFIG OK

But all commands from CLXMEM 1L (That I installed with ALPHA XPMM ALPHA XEQ ALPHA PLUG1U ALPHA)
returns NOEXISTENT. I tested the commands YAST, YSTO and CLYRG.

I thank you so much for all your help!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2018, 06:27 PM
RE: 41CL How to install CLUTILS-4H
This may be a version mismatch, likely since you're mixing modules created at different times (and even years).

The CL_Expanded module id#="XPMM" is meant to be paired with the PowerCl_Extreme, id# = "PWRX". Then the Library#4 revision "R" or higher is also required.

You can get the latest revision ROM images from the CL Site, in the : Other Files" area:
http://systemyde.com/hp41/files.html

Let us know if after the update you still have issues.
06-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Thank you very much for your help!
I have same experiences with the HP-41X emulator by HRAST PROGRAMMER for the hp 50g, that has not every HP-IL support. I ordered a 41CL to use with PIL-BOX to emulate HP-IL peripherals.
I do not know the 41CL so I study et experiences it on my nsimII emulator.
I uograde all .MOD modules from 41CL web site, but honestly I do not know what is the version of 41CL
emulated by my nsimII, if is V2, V3, V4 or V5.
I think is better for me to wait that 41CL board is available again, because even after your help,
no things are changed! The XPMM commads are still NONEXISTENT.
For info, my new page structure is:
Page Port Description
4 = LIBRARY#4 (I do not know how to see the revision of the library)
8 1L OSX3
9 1U YFNX 2B
A 2L PWRX \ Paired in port 2
B 2U XPMM / with XPMM
C 3L MASS
D 3U WRAM

Again thank you very much for your help (and for you very valuable software for 41CL)
06-16-2018, 07:45 AM
(06-15-2018 01:18 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  I do not know the 41CL so I study et experiences it on my nsimII emulator.
I uograde all .MOD modules from 41CL web site, but honestly I do not know what is the version of 41CL emulated by my nsimII, if is V2, V3, V4 or V5.
I think is better for me to wait that 41CL board is available again, because even after your help,

Do you mean a true CL emulator???
If so, does it also provide support for the RAM space available on the real CL board?

The XPMM includes a test for the board addresses. If those are not available then you'll get the NONEXISTENT error message...

Cheers,
ÁM
06-16-2018, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2018 12:20 PM by Sylvain Cote.)
(06-16-2018 07:45 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Do you mean a true CL emulator???
If so, does it also provide support for the RAM space available on the real CL board?
nsimII (available on TOS) is developed by Christophe Gottheimer and is based on nsim developed by Eric Smith.
The last version that I am aware of is v0.40.0 (2015-07-02), the source code used to be available on github, but no longer it seems.
You can see some of his posts (en Français) here and here.
06-17-2018, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2018 10:48 AM by Podalirius.)
Hi, Yes nsimII seems to contains all the memory (RAM + ROM) of the 41CL,
but nsimII emulates all hp 41 models and the support for 41CL is still in Beta release.
I know programming (especially userRPL, sysRPL and C on hp 50G) but not Assembler or MCODE.
I have no familiarity with page indexing and memory address.
I have the sensation that the 41CL can be too difficult for me, and I have the sensation that is so easy
to make mistakes that damage the 41CL. Is 41CL a good choice for me? I am ready to study 41CL manuals,
but I do not know and/or find 41CL manuals with a basic approach.
I ask me if 41CL is too difficult for me!
Any suggestions?
Again and again, Thank you very much!!
06-17-2018, 01:05 PM
(06-17-2018 10:38 AM)Podalirius Wrote:  I ask me if 41CL is too difficult for me!

The 41CL may look like it's enormous mountain to climb, but in reality it's not that hard.

At the basic level, you can use it like a supercharged 41CX which contains all the modules that you activate or deactivate based on your current needs.
This is almost the same as if you were using a 41C/CV/CX with a MLDL/RAM/Flash/FRAM box/module (MLDL2K, Clonix-D, NoV-64, etc).

At the intermediate level, you start to understand the 41CL memory organization and start to play with advanced 41CL modules from Monte, Ángel & others.
At that level, more time is needed for reading and experimentations, which may result with your 41CL crashing or locking up, but you can always get the 41CL out of these states.

After that it's up to you ... Wink

What's was frustrating for the first years, at least for me, was how to keep the 41CL up do date with new module releases.
Thanks to Monte, that issue has been addressed and it's now pretty easy to do so.

Sylvain
06-18-2018, 08:42 AM
(06-17-2018 01:05 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  At the intermediate level, you start to understand the 41CL memory organization and start to play with advanced 41CL modules from Monte, Ángel & others.
At that level, more time is needed for reading and experimentations, which may result with your 41CL crashing or locking up, but you can always get the 41CL out of these states.

Hi Sylvain, can you please provide the manuals to read in sequence to learn and understand the CL Memory Organisation and CL Extreme functions?

Many thanks,
Patrik
06-18-2018, 01:13 PM
(06-18-2018 08:42 AM)CY-CL Wrote:  
(06-17-2018 01:05 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  At the intermediate level, you start to understand the 41CL memory organization and start to play with advanced 41CL modules from Monte, Ángel & others.

Hi Sylvain, can you please provide the manuals to read in sequence to learn and understand the CL Memory Organisation and CL Extreme functions?

Many thanks,
Patrik

The manuals are on the manuals page of Monte's 41CL site, http://www.systemyde.com/hp41/manuals.html

The overall memory structure is described in the "Calculator Manual" and the Extreme Functions are described in a separate manual for that ROM.

I recommend you read them slowly, frequently reference the memory layout diagrams, and try the various settings, you can't hurt the CL board.

--Bob Prosperi
06-18-2018, 05:26 PM
(06-18-2018 01:13 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-18-2018 08:42 AM)CY-CL Wrote:  Hi Sylvain, can you please provide the manuals to read in sequence to learn and understand the CL Memory Organisation and CL Extreme functions?

Many thanks,
Patrik

The manuals are on the manuals page of Monte's 41CL site, http://www.systemyde.com/hp41/manuals.html

The overall memory structure is described in the "Calculator Manual" and the Extreme Functions are described in a separate manual for that ROM.

I recommend you read them slowly, frequently reference the memory layout diagrams, and try the various settings, you can't hurt the CL board.

I know that my manuals are not perfect. As evidenced by the fact that I have had
multiple requests for a "41CL For Dummies." The problem is that I have a hard time
knowing how much readers already know or don't already know about the 41C. In
addition, I am used to writing for a very technical audience, so I make unconscious
assumptions about technical terms. That, plus writing is hard.

So, my advice mirrors that of Robert: Start with the 41CL Manual. Once you have
a reasonable handle on that, go on to the Extreme Functions manual. While you
can't damage the 41CL board, once you start playing with the functions that
erase or write to Flash memory, just be careful not to try to write to the sector
where the Operating System resides. (See what I mean? There are at least three
assumptions about knowledge of technical terms in that last sentence.)

There are lots of people here who are happy to answer questions, and I do my
best to respond to email questions, although sometimes my answers will be "read
paragraph x on page y of the manual."

Monte
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2018, 10:57 AM
Hi, I love the power of computer-like calculators.
I use my hp 50g with 2GB SDCARD as a real computer, after
years of programming, especially in SysRPL.
The Sy 41CL is another world. It seems have a very lack
of power and functions, compared with a modern hp 50g,
but I think this is a false sensation. The 41CL is simply
not comparable, hidden under the little no graphic display,
is a very powerfull system and the sum of functions
presents in all available modules is possibly even greater
that the number of functions in hp 50g.
And, more important, I have found here a true friendly
community in support on the new user.
So, I am reassured about the possibility for me to use
profitably the 41CL and I decided to confirm my 41CL
order. At this moment for me is the moment to study the
manuals and to wait that 41CL become available again.
Thank you so much for your very valuable and friendly help.
06-19-2018, 11:24 AM
You won't regret it, the CL is a powerhouse in disguise - and a very enjoyable system.
06-19-2018, 02:33 PM
Hi Monte

Many thanks for your reply. Your manuals reflect for sure any detail about the CL functions. For a non-nerd like me, some technical details are not really easy to understand. I read the manuals a few times and don’t understand the flash memory organization. What is stored in witch section? A diagram like for the HP-41 memory pages would be very helpful to understand better the internal memory structure from a CL. (Not a list of HEX codes!)

What scenarios with the Flash-Memory are possible?

- Store the actual calculator state to a flash sector and restore it after a Memory Lost.
- Store programs and data’s in the flash sector, like in a rambox.

Other scenarios?

Thanks
Patrik
06-19-2018, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2018 04:38 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(06-19-2018 02:33 PM)CY-CL Wrote:  What is stored in witch section? A diagram like for the HP-41 memory pages would be very helpful to understand better the internal memory structure from a CL.

Let me throw a few basic concepts to get you going:-

You can think of flash memory as a gigantic repository where hundreds of ROMS are pre-stored from the factory. It is a non-volatile storage space, so its contents is permanent even without batteries.

There's also a RAM section on the CL board that can hold dozens of ROM modules. This section comes EMPTY and is available for use. CL_RAM contents will be lost if the batteries are removed from the calculator - but won't be affected by MEMORY LOST, since the CL RAM is not the same as the "HP-41 pages".

- You can copy ROMs from flash into CL_RAM. You can also burn flash sectors using the contents of RAM blocks.

The way FLASH and CL_RAM are utilized is as follows:

- The CL has the same number of "pages" available to the O/S as the standard HP-41, i.e. 16 in total: 8 internal and 8 in the plug-in ports.

- The CL uses a facility called "MMU" to map any of those ROMS into CL "pages". Obviously the O/S is mapped to pages 0,1,2,3, the Time module to page 5, and the HP-IL (when connected) to pages 6 and 7.

- Except the O/S mentioned above, this ROM-mapping is totally flexible and configurable by the user. It can even be modified from within a FOCAL program running if you want.

Hope this helps getting over the hump.

ÁM
06-19-2018, 05:03 PM
(06-17-2018 10:38 AM)Podalirius Wrote:  Hi, Yes nsimII seems to contains all the memory (RAM + ROM) of the 41CL,
but nsimII emulates all hp 41 models and the support for 41CL is still in Beta release.

WOW... compliments!!!
06-20-2018, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2018 04:19 AM by Monte Dalrymple.)
(06-19-2018 02:33 PM)CY-CL Wrote:  Hi Monte

Many thanks for your reply. Your manuals reflect for sure any detail about the CL functions. For a non-nerd like me, some technical details are not really easy to understand. I read the manuals a few times and don’t understand the flash memory organization. What is stored in witch section? A diagram like for the HP-41 memory pages would be very helpful to understand better the internal memory structure from a CL. (Not a list of HEX codes!)

What scenarios with the Flash-Memory are possible?

- Store the actual calculator state to a flash sector and restore it after a Memory Lost.
- Store programs and data’s in the flash sector, like in a rambox.

Other scenarios?

Thanks
Patrik

The memory reference document at http://systemyde.com/pdf/mem_ref.pdf
shows the organization of both the Flash memory and RAM.

Flash can be used to store the calculator state, programs or data. However it's
a little more complicated than accessing the 41C register memory. The manuals
describe this. The main issue with Flash is that the erased state is 0xFFFF in
each word, and in a word a write can only change a "1" to a "0" and never
vice-versa. The only way to get a "0" back to a "1" is to erase an entire
sector, which is 64k bytes. So it's better to use the 41CL RAM to store most
stuff.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2018, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2018 08:19 PM by cgh.)
(06-15-2018 01:18 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  Thank you very much for your help!
I have same experiences with the HP-41X emulator by HRAST PROGRAMMER for the hp 50g, that has not every HP-IL support. I ordered a 41CL to use with PIL-BOX to emulate HP-IL peripherals.
I uograde all .MOD modules from 41CL web site, but honestly I do not know what is the version of 41CL
Page Port Description
8 1L OSX3
9 1U YFNX 2B
B 2U XPMM / with XPMM
C 3L MASS
D 3U WRAM

Again thank you very much for your help (and for you very valuable software for 41CL)
Hello,
nsimII emulates the NEWT functions, the flash scheme and programming, the RAM and the MMU (but not the TURBO). It does not take into account the different versions. Normally, You see the maximum flash size. I wrote the emulation when the V3 was deployed. So we can consider that nsimII is at least a V3. I do not follow the new versions but, if there is no change in the NEWT CPU instructions, the emulation should work.

What do you expect to install ? Can you, please, describe me the way you try to do this.
What is the version of nsimII you use ?

I am not very active this time, but if you encounter some trouble when using nsimII, please, do not hesite to contact me be mail. You can send an email to me from this site. I will answer faster Smile
06-25-2018, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2018 08:37 AM by Podalirius.)
(06-21-2018 08:12 PM)cgh Wrote:  
(06-15-2018 01:18 PM)Podalirius Wrote:  Thank you very much for your help!
Page Port Description
8 1L OSX3
9 1U YFNX 2B
B 2U XPMM / with XPMM
C 3L MASS
D 3U WRAM

Hello,
nsimII emulates the NEWT functions, the flash scheme and programming, the RAM and the MMU (but not the TURBO). It does not take into account the different versions. Normally, You see the maximum flash size. I wrote the emulation when the V3 was deployed. So we can consider that nsimII is at least a V3. I do not follow the new versions but, if there is no change in the NEWT CPU instructions, the emulation should work.

What do you expect to install ? Can you, please, describe me the way you try to do this.
What is the version of nsimII you use ?

I am not very active this time, but if you encounter some trouble when using nsimII, please, do not hesite to contact me be mail. You can send an email to me from this site. I will answer faster Smile

Hi, Thank you very much for your messsage!!!
I use nsimII 0.40.0 installed on Linux Elive 2.9.96 (A Debian based 32bit distro).
After compiling nsimII and dependencies I started the emulator and writed the emulator rom
file to change in a 41CL, then the calculator display of the emulator shows the "MEMORY LOST" message. I immediately pressed XEQ "MMUCLR" then I beginned to insert the desired modules:
with ALPHA 804040-8120 ALPHA XEQ YPOKE I inserted tha Library#4 in Page 4, and so on as
in my previous messages. At the end I pressed XEQ "MMUEN" then I switch off the calculator (click over the ON) and again switch the calculator ON. I pressed the XEQ "STOCFG 1" command.
In any way I am not successful in installing properly the XPMM (CLXPMEM) module, in fact with
commands like YAST or YSTO the calculator/emulator give me the NOEXISTENT massage.
Again, Thank you for your help!
06-25-2018, 05:51 PM
I have a try running nsimII-0.40.0. What you did is good and the images are well installed.
But, the RAW images for 41CL present in the nsimII-0.40.0 tar ball are outdated. This was pointed by Angel.
The XPMM present in the 41CL/RAW directory is a version -CLXMEM 1L (from June 2015).
This image does not come with YSTO and YAST.
Code:

> @
** 41CL - Global MMU enabled - Special MMU disabled
PAGE 0    : 000  --,-- 'NB-qP' :
PAGE 1    : 001  --,-- 'Ff-P~' :
PAGE 2    : 002  --,-- 'L@-@@' :
PAGE 3    : 003  25,63 'EF-2D' :
PAGE 4    : 120  --,-- 'LI-B4' :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 5    : 006  26,37 'TM-b~' : 005  --,-- 'TM-XC' : 005  --,-- 'TM-XC' : 005  --,-- 'TM-XC' :
PAGE 6    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 7    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 8    : 168   5,64 'OS-X1' : 16A   5, 1 'PR-OG' : 169   5, 1 'OS-X2' : 16B   5, 3 'H0-1E' :
PAGE 9    : 00A  15,64 'YF-NS' : 00A  15,64 'YF-NS' : 00A  15,64 'YF-NS' : 00A  15,64 'YF-NS' :
PAGE A    : 180  12,64 'PW-X1' : 182  --,-- 'PW-X3' : 181  12, 1 'PW-X2' : 183  --,-- 'PW-X4' :
PAGE B    : 198  20,64 'CL-XM' : 198  20,64 'CL-XM' : 198  20,64 'CL-XM' : 198  20,64 'CL-XM' :
PAGE C    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE D    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE E    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE F    :                    :                    :                    :                    :

PAGE 0    : 80400C = 0000  dis :
PAGE 1    : 80401C = 0000  dis :
PAGE 2    : 80402C = 0000  dis :
PAGE 3    : 80403C = 0000  dis :
PAGE 4    : 804040 = 8120  E-- : 804044 = 0000  --- : 804048 = 0000  --- : 80404C = 0000  --- :
PAGE 5    : 804050 = 0000  --- : 804054 = 0000  --- : 804058 = 0000  --- : 80405C = 0000  --- :
PAGE 6    : 804060 = 0000  --- : 804064 = 0000  --- : 804068 = 0000  --- : 80406C = 0000  --- :
PAGE 7    : 804070 = 0000  --- : 804074 = 0000  --- : 804078 = 0000  --- : 80407C = 0000  --- :
PAGE 8    : 804080 = 8168  E-- : 804084 = 816A  E-- : 804088 = 8169  E-- : 80408C = 816B  E-- :
PAGE 9    : 804090 = 800A  E-- : 804094 = 800A  E-- : 804098 = 800A  E-- : 80409C = 800A  E-- :
PAGE A    : 8040A0 = 8180  E-- : 8040A4 = 8182  E-- : 8040A8 = 8181  E-- : 8040AC = 8183  E-- :
PAGE B    : 8040B0 = 8198  E-- : 8040B4 = 8198  E-- : 8040B8 = 8198  E-- : 8040BC = 8198  E-- :
PAGE C    : 8040C0 = 0000  --- : 8040C4 = 0000  --- : 8040C8 = 0000  --- : 8040CC = 0000  --- :
PAGE D    : 8040D0 = 0000  --- : 8040D4 = 0000  --- : 8040D8 = 0000  --- : 8040DC = 0000  --- :
PAGE E    : 8040E0 = 0000  --- : 8040E4 = 0000  --- : 8040E8 = 0000  --- : 8040EC = 0000  --- :
PAGE F    : 8040F0 = 0000  --- : 8040F4 = 0000  --- : 8040F8 = 0000  --- : 8040FC = 0000  --- :
> P
          :       BANK 0       :       BANK 1       :       BANK 2       :       BANK 3       
PAGE 0    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 1    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 2    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 3    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 4    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 5    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       :                    :                    :
PAGE 6    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 7    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 8    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       :
PAGE 9    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       :
PAGE A    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       :
PAGE B    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       :
PAGE C    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE D    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE E    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE F    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE s    : RTNDY>NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       : RTNDY NUT-CL       :
NSIM PAGE MAP: 10F3F/0 10F20/1 10F00/2 10F00/3
NSIM BANK MAP: 0/1 1/1 2/1 3/1 4/1 5/3 8/F 9/F A/F B/F
> F
PAGE 0    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 1    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 2    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 3    : 25 63 'EF-2D' 228  :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 4    :                    :                    :                    :                    :
PAGE 5    : 26 37 'TM-b~' 35F  : -- -- 'TM-XC' 267  :                    :                    :
PAGE 8    :  5 64 'OS-X1' 229  :  5  1 'OS-X2' 222  :  5  1 'PR-OG' 3F7  :  5  3 'H0-1E' 258  :
PAGE 9    : 15 64 'YF-NS' 17A  : 15 64 'YF-NS' 17A  : 15 64 'YF-NS' 17A  : 15 64 'YF-NS' 17A  :
PAGE A    : 12 64 'PW-X1' 1DB  : 12  1 'PW-X2' 1DB  : -- -- 'PW-X3' 100  : -- -- 'PW-X4' 100  :
PAGE B    : 20 64 'CL-XM' 004  : 20 64 'CL-XM' 004  : 20 64 'CL-XM' 004  : 20 64 'CL-XM' 004  :
PAGE s    : 15 64 'YF-NS' 3BE  : 15 64 'YF-NS' 3BE  : 15 64 'YF-NS' 3BE  : 15 64 'YF-NS' 3BE  :
> f B
MODULE 'NUT-CL' IN PAGE B/0
FAT XROM 20 FCNS 64 ROM-ID 'CL-XM' CHECKSUM 004 (004) OK [COMPUTED 160]
B000/0  ......F.   014 'NUT-CL'          XROM    20
B001/0  ......F.   040 "RAW-198"           FCNS    64
B002/0  ......F.   00C,077    BC77    XROM    20, 0    -CLXMEM 1L
B004/0  ......F.   00F,084    BF84    XROM    20, 1    ?LIB4
B006/0  ......F.   00F,06C    BF6C    XROM    20, 2    ?RAM
B008/0  ......F.   00F,060    BF60    XROM    20, 3    ASWP>
B00A/0  ....4.F.   204,0BE    B4BE    XROM    20, 4    "BK-MM"      <FOCAL CODE>
B00C/0  ....4.F.   204,0B2    B4B2    XROM    20, 5    "BK-XM"      <FOCAL CODE>
B00E/0  ....4.F.   20E,003    BE03    XROM    20, 6    "BKRST"      <FOCAL CODE>
B010/0  ....4.F.   20D,0B9    BDB9    XROM    20, 7    "BKSWP"      <FOCAL CODE>
B012/0  ......F.   00E,0BD    BEBD    XROM    20, 8    D>H
B014/0  ......F.   00F,006    BF06    XROM    20, 9    H>D
B016/0  ....4.F.   204,0D8    B4D8    XROM    20,10    "MM-BK"      <FOCAL CODE>
B018/0  ....4.F.   201,01F    B11F    XROM    20,11    "MMRCL"      <FOCAL CODE>
B01A/0  ....4.F.   201,012    B112    XROM    20,12    "MMSTO"      <FOCAL CODE>
B01C/0  ....4.F.   202,016    B216    XROM    20,13    "MMSWP"      <FOCAL CODE>
B01E/0  ....4.F.   20E,02F    BE2F    XROM    20,14    "OKM"        <FOCAL CODE>
B020/0  ....4.F.   20E,05D    BE5D    XROM    20,15    "OKM?"       <FOCAL CODE>
B022/0  ....4.F.   20E,041    BE41    XROM    20,16    "OKX"        <FOCAL CODE>
B024/0  ....4.F.   20E,072    BE72    XROM    20,17    "OKX?"       <FOCAL CODE>
B026/0  ....4.F.   200,0D0    B0D0    XROM    20,18    "RAMRCL"     <FOCAL CODE>
B028/0  ....4.F.   200,0C2    B0C2    XROM    20,19    "RAMSTO"     <FOCAL CODE>
B02A/0  ....4.F.   200,087    B087    XROM    20,20    "RAMSWP"     <FOCAL CODE>
B02C/0  ....4.F.   204,0CC    B4CC    XROM    20,21    "XM-BK"      <FOCAL CODE>
B02E/0  ....4.F.   201,094    B194    XROM    20,22    "XMRCL"      <FOCAL CODE>
B030/0  ....4.F.   201,087    B187    XROM    20,23    "XMSTO"      <FOCAL CODE>
B032/0  ....4.F.   202,04F    B24F    XROM    20,24    "XMSWP"      <FOCAL CODE>
B034/0  ......F.   00C,08D    BC8D    XROM    20,25    -YFNM NEW
B036/0  ......F.   00C,0FF    BCFF    XROM    20,26    MM-YBK       PROMPT: 1IY
B038/0  ......F.   00C,0F7    BCF7    XROM    20,27    MMYSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
B03A/0  ......F.   00C,0AD    BCAD    XROM    20,28    ST-YBK       PROMPT: 1IY
B03C/0  ......F.   00C,0A5    BCA5    XROM    20,29    STYSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
B03E/0  ......F.   00D,021    BD21    XROM    20,30    XM-YBK       PROMPT: 1IY
B040/0  ......F.   00D,019    BD19    XROM    20,31    XMYSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
B042/0  ......F.   00C,0EC    BCEC    XROM    20,32    YBK-MM       PROMPT: 1IY
B044/0  ......F.   00C,0B8    BCB8    XROM    20,33    YBK-ST       PROMPT: 1IY
B046/0  ......F.   00D,00E    BD0E    XROM    20,34    YBK-XM       PROMPT: 1IY
B048/0  ......F.   00C,0D6    BCD6    XROM    20,35    YBKSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
B04A/0  ......F.   003,080    B380    XROM    20,36    YCRYPT
B04C/0  ......F.   006,03A    B63A    XROM    20,37    YEDIT
B04E/0  ......F.   003,0EF    B3EF    XROM    20,38    YINPT
B050/0  ......F.   007,0D2    B7D2    XROM    20,39    YMEM
B052/0  ......F.   00C,0C5    BCC5    XROM    20,40    YMMOVE
B054/0  ......F.   00C,0CD    BCCD    XROM    20,41    YMSWAP
B056/0  ......F.   003,051    B351    XROM    20,42    YRALL
B058/0  ......F.   002,0E7    B2E7    XROM    20,43    YWALL
B05A/0  ......F.   00C,083    BC83    XROM    20,44    -BANKS & CO
B05C/0  ......F.   00D,0A1    BDA1    XROM    20,45    ?YFNX
B05E/0  ......F.   009,03B    B93B    XROM    20,46    BANKED
B060/0  ......F.   009,09D    B99D    XROM    20,47    BANKS?
B062/0  ......F.   009,063    B963    XROM    20,48    BFREE
B064/0  ......F.   00A,050    BA50    XROM    20,49    BLANK?
B066/0  ......F.   009,054    B954    XROM    20,50    BUSED
B068/0  ......F.   008,07E    B87E    XROM    20,51    CPYBNK       PROMPT: 1IY
B06A/0  ......F.   00A,017    BA17    XROM    20,52    CPYPG
B06C/0  ......F.   00B,05E    BB5E    XROM    20,53    RCL
B06E/0  ......F.   00B,069    BB69    XROM    20,54    RC-
B070/0  ......F.   00B,06E    BB6E    XROM    20,55    RC+
B072/0  ......F.   00B,074    BB74    XROM    20,56    RC*
B074/0  ......F.   00B,079    BB79    XROM    20,57    RC/
B076/0  ......F.   00B,064    BB64    XROM    20,58    RC^
B078/0  ......F.   00A,081    BA81    XROM    20,59    RIND2        PROMPT: 2IY
B07A/0  ......F.   00A,078    BA78    XROM    20,60    SIND2        PROMPT: 2IY
B07C/0  ......F.   00A,0B3    BAB3    XROM    20,61    Y<>
B07E/0  ......F.   00A,0AE    BAAE    XROM    20,62    Z<>
B080/0  ......F.   00A,0A9    BAA9    XROM    20,63    T<>
I had a quick look on the new images from Monte's site, and the XPMM is a new one:
Code:
bash-4.2$ ../../nsimII -fat 8/0:./CLXPREGS     
Welcome to nsimII - The NUT CPU emulator

nsimII - FAT entries print engine

MODULE './CLXPREGS' IN PAGE 8/0
FAT XROM 20 FCNS 64 ROM-ID 'CL-XM' CHECKSUM 004 (004) OK [COMPUTED 3AE]
8000/0  ......F.   014 './CLXPREGS'      XROM    20
8001/0  ......F.   040 "./CLXPREGS"        FCNS    64
8002/0  ......F.   00F,070    8F70    XROM    20, 0    -CLXMEM 2C
8004/0  ....4.F.   204,0BE    84BE    XROM    20, 1    "BK-MM"      <FOCAL CODE>
8006/0  ....4.F.   204,0B2    84B2    XROM    20, 2    "BK-XM"      <FOCAL CODE>
8008/0  ....4.F.   203,02F    832F    XROM    20, 3    "BKRST"      <FOCAL CODE>
800A/0  ....4.F.   202,0E5    82E5    XROM    20, 4    "BKSWP"      <FOCAL CODE>
800C/0  ....4.F.   204,0D8    84D8    XROM    20, 5    "MM-BK"      <FOCAL CODE>
800E/0  ....4.F.   201,020    8120    XROM    20, 6    "MMRCL"      <FOCAL CODE>
8010/0  ....4.F.   201,013    8113    XROM    20, 7    "MMSTO"      <FOCAL CODE>
8012/0  ....4.F.   202,017    8217    XROM    20, 8    "MMSWP"      <FOCAL CODE>
8014/0  ....4.F.   20E,034    8E34    XROM    20, 9    "OKM"        <FOCAL CODE>
8016/0  ....4.F.   20E,062    8E62    XROM    20,10    "OKM?"       <FOCAL CODE>
8018/0  ....4.F.   20E,046    8E46    XROM    20,11    "OKX"        <FOCAL CODE>
801A/0  ....4.F.   20E,077    8E77    XROM    20,12    "OKX?"       <FOCAL CODE>
801C/0  ....4.F.   200,0CF    80CF    XROM    20,13    "RAMRCL"     <FOCAL CODE>
801E/0  ....4.F.   200,0C1    80C1    XROM    20,14    "RAMSTO"     <FOCAL CODE>
8020/0  ....4.F.   200,086    8086    XROM    20,15    "RAMSWP"     <FOCAL CODE>
8022/0  ....4.F.   204,0CC    84CC    XROM    20,16    "XM-BK"      <FOCAL CODE>
8024/0  ....4.F.   201,095    8195    XROM    20,17    "XMRCL"      <FOCAL CODE>
8026/0  ....4.F.   201,088    8188    XROM    20,18    "XMSTO"      <FOCAL CODE>
8028/0  ....4.F.   202,050    8250    XROM    20,19    "XMSWP"      <FOCAL CODE>
802A/0  ......F.   003,0CA    83CA    XROM    20,20    -YFNM BCKUP
802C/0  ......F.   00D,09A    8D9A    XROM    20,21    MM-YBK       PROMPT: 1IY
802E/0  ......F.   00D,092    8D92    XROM    20,22    MMYSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
8030/0  ......F.   00D,048    8D48    XROM    20,23    ST-YBK       PROMPT: 1IY
8032/0  ......F.   00D,040    8D40    XROM    20,24    STYSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
8034/0  ......F.   00D,0BC    8DBC    XROM    20,25    XM-YBK       PROMPT: 1IY
8036/0  ......F.   00D,0B4    8DB4    XROM    20,26    XMYSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
8038/0  ......F.   00D,087    8D87    XROM    20,27    YBK-MM       PROMPT: 1IY
803A/0  ......F.   00D,053    8D53    XROM    20,28    YBK-ST       PROMPT: 1IY
803C/0  ......F.   00D,0A9    8DA9    XROM    20,29    YBK-XM       PROMPT: 1IY
803E/0  ......F.   00D,071    8D71    XROM    20,30    YBKSWP       PROMPT: 1IY
8040/0  ......F.   006,03C    863C    XROM    20,31    YEDIT
8042/0  ......F.   003,0F1    83F1    XROM    20,32    YINPT
8044/0  ......F.   006,081    8681    XROM    20,33    YMEM
8046/0  ......F.   00D,060    8D60    XROM    20,34    YMMOVE
8048/0  ......F.   00D,068    8D68    XROM    20,35    YMSWAP
804A/0  ......F.   008,050    8850    XROM    20,36    -STKSWP
804C/0  ......F.   00F,076    8F76    XROM    20,37    ?RAM
804E/0  ......F.   009,0F4    89F4    XROM    20,38    A<>YRG       PROMPT: 3
8050/0  ......F.   004,08B    848B    XROM    20,39    CLYRG
8052/0  ......F.   009,0B1    89B1    XROM    20,40    CLYRGX
8054/0  ......F.   008,07F    887F    XROM    20,41    CPYBNK       PROMPT: 1IY
8056/0  ......F.   009,0FD    89FD    XROM    20,42    ST<>YRG      PROMPT: 3
8058/0  ......F.   007,083    8783    XROM    20,43    YF#          PROMPT: 3
805A/0  ......F.   007,0B9    87B9    XROM    20,44    YF$
805C/0  ......F.   009,046    8946    XROM    20,45    YRGMOV
805E/0  ......F.   009,04E    894E    XROM    20,46    YRGSWP
8060/0  ......F.   00F,04A    8F4A    XROM    20,47    -Y-REGS FNS
8062/0  ......F.   00B,0EA    8BEA    XROM    20,48    YARC
8064/0  ......F.   00B,0F2    8BF2    XROM    20,49    YAST
8066/0  ......F.   00C,01F    8C1F    XROM    20,50    YDSE
8068/0  ......F.   00C,027    8C27    XROM    20,51    YISG
806A/0  ......F.   00B,0FA    8BFA    XROM    20,52    YRCL
806C/0  ......F.   00B,0B2    8BB2    XROM    20,53    YRC+
806E/0  ......F.   00B,0B9    8BB9    XROM    20,54    YRC-
8070/0  ......F.   00B,0C0    8BC0    XROM    20,55    YRC*
8072/0  ......F.   00B,0C7    8BC7    XROM    20,56    YRC/
8074/0  ......F.   00C,003    8C03    XROM    20,57    YSTO
8076/0  ......F.   00B,0CE    8BCE    XROM    20,58    YST+
8078/0  ......F.   00B,0D5    8BD5    XROM    20,59    YST-
807A/0  ......F.   00B,0DC    8BDC    XROM    20,60    YST*
807C/0  ......F.   00B,0E3    8BE3    XROM    20,61    YST/
807E/0  ......F.   00C,015    8C15    XROM    20,62    YVEW
8080/0  ......F.   00C,00C    8C0C    XROM    20,63    YX<>
MODULE './CLXPREGS' KILLED AT 8

That means you need (I also Wink ) to update the images in the directory 41CL/RAW.

I would put in attachment a tarball containing the 41CL/RAW/RAW-xyz.ROM images from the Monte's zip, but I am limited to the size of attachment...
06-25-2018, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2018 08:37 PM by cgh.)
I put in attachment a shell/gawk script, which will be part of the future 41CLutils.
It takes the mem_ref.txt (mem_ref_v5.txt) and copy all the .ROM image into the /41CL/RAW/RAW-xyz.ROM according to the address described in the mem_ref.txt.

- Delete all FLASH files into the nsimII 41CL/RAW directory: cd nsimII; rm -rf 41CL/RAW/RAW-[01]*.ROM
- Unzip the archive from Monte's site somewhere: mkdir 41CL/ROM_180624; cd 41CL/ROM_180624; unzip ...../rom_files_180624.zip
- Unzip the mem_ref.sh.zip into this directory and do: ./mem_ref.sh -rawdir ../RAW/ <mem_ref.txt (You can also use mem_ref_v5.txt instead, but at this time, nsimII does not see images over RAW-1FF.ROM...)

If you have previously installed nsimII with make install, just redo this to install the new images into the your installation directory. Else, it is ready and you should see the good XPMM with YAST and YSTO.

Attached File(s)
.zip  mem_ref.sh.zip (Size: 2.45 KB / Downloads: 5)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)