Hp calcpad 200
06-19-2018, 04:21 AM
Hp calcpad 200
Hello,
I am wondering if the calcpad 200 could be the perfect companion to modern laptops not having a dedicated numpad and having a limited number of usb doors.

I don’t have it so please if someone can suggest it or not please do it.

To me it seems to be:
- a separate numpad (quicker and more precise data entry)
- usb hub (freeing some doors on the laptop
- a calculator (4 bangers or so) able to do local calculations or send data to the laptop

Do you know if it works with windows 10? It doesn’t seem to be a popular product but to me it seems a good product.

Thanks

Giancarlo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2018, 05:11 AM
RE: Hp calcpad 200
Hello,

It should still work with Windows 10 (as far as I know, but I have not tested it)...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
06-19-2018, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2018 05:59 AM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
IF I'll remember to... I could try it on Windows 10 and let you know, Giancarlo.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2018, 11:37 AM
Hello,
thanks for your answers.

Massimo, take your time. it is not urgent. i found clever the integration with the laptop that sometimes it is used as a calculator alternative...

Thanks

Giancarlo
06-19-2018, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2018 06:43 PM by rprosperi.)
(06-19-2018 11:37 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  Hello,
thanks for your answers.

Massimo, take your time. it is not urgent. i found clever the integration with the laptop that sometimes it is used as a calculator alternative...

Thanks

Giancarlo

Giancarlo,

It does work with Windows-10; no issues at all.

The key-echo rate is a bit slow and you can easily miss a key, but one can probably get used to it quickly.

The strings it uses for launching Word, Excel and "HP Calc" seem to be fixed, so you may need to add shortcuts (that use those fixed names) that point to the apps you really want these keys to run.

It would be interesting to have a 2005 vintage external keyboard launch the Prime Application. Though somehow it just seem incestuous...

--Bob Prosperi
06-19-2018, 08:16 PM
(06-19-2018 06:42 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-19-2018 11:37 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  Hello,
thanks for your answers.

Thanks

Giancarlo

Giancarlo,

It does work with Windows-10; no issues at all.

The key-echo rate is a bit slow and you can easily miss a key, but one can probably get used to it quickly.

The strings it uses for launching Word, Excel and "HP Calc" seem to be fixed, so you may need to add shortcuts (that use those fixed names) that point to the apps you really want these keys to run.

It would be interesting to have a 2005 vintage external keyboard launch the Prime Application. Though somehow it just seem incestuous...

Thanks for checking, Bob.
I found mine (while looking for the Quick calcs) still NIP.
I remembered to have used, some years ago, for some days an external calc/keypad via USB: I thought it was the Calcpad 200 but I was wrong: it was an ibico 121x instead...

I definitely have too many gadgets around! :D

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2018, 03:42 AM
Hello Bob,
Your idea to connect the calcpad to the virtual prime is really a great idea. I didn’t think about that.
For me that i like phisical keyboard, even on the smartphone, it would be great.

I can understand that i couldn’t use all the prime features and any other kind of emulator; however do you know if i could at least launch it?

Thanks

Giancarlo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)