flowchart converter to hpprime, xcas, rpl ... language
06-02-2018, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2018 01:20 AM by compsystems.)
flowchart converter to hpprime, xcas, rpl ... language
Hello, I leave a proposal

create the templates to export to hpprime, xcas, rpl, ... language

Quote:Flowgorithm is a free application that allows you to create programs using graphical flowcharts. So, you can concentrate on the algorithm's logic rather than all the nuances of a typical programming language. You can also execute your programs directly in Flowgorithm.

Once you understand programming logic, it is easy for you to learn one of the major languages. Flowgorithm can interactively convert your flowchart to over 18 languages. These include: C#, C++, Java, JavaScript, Lua, Perl, Python, Ruby, Swift, Visual Basic .NET, and VBA (used in Office).

This new version adds customizable program templates in the Source Code Viewer. This means that Flowgorithm will be able to produce source code in any pseudocode or programming language. The developer simply needs to create a template.

More info>
http://www.flowgorithm.org/
http://www.flowgorithm.org/documentation.../index.htm

[Image: flowgorith-lottonumbers-execution.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2018, 08:04 AM
RE: flowchart converter to hpprime, xcas, rpl ... language
Hi,

Thanks very mutch for sharing !

GĂ©rard.
06-02-2018, 09:00 AM
When I did comp. sci. at uni., one of the first things they taught us (37 years ago) was that flowcharts are anathema to structured programming and should not be used. There was another type of chart they promoted that used nested flow control structures, but I can't remember what they were called.
06-02-2018, 02:17 PM
Sounds like Data Flow Diagrams (DFD's) and Hierarchical Input Processing Output (HIPO) charts, an IBM contribution. Structured Programming was sort of tossed when Object-oriented Programming came along, but the idea was to graphically represent the GOTO-less, non spagetti-code approach to programming.

Who thinks about their code before writing it anymore? Smile

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
06-02-2018, 04:13 PM
9 years ago when I was working for a software house, our developers were forced to adopt UML to design and model the systems, as a way to have consistency, re-usability, good enough shared documentation and try to save money on our projects.

I even bought one book on UML to try to better understand its virtues. Nice book, but I think I never read beyond the chapter 1, though.

At the time, most of the programmers were coding using C# over .Net for Windows based applications and only a few were coding using Java, but all were using OO languages.

Never saw a single coder using flowcharts, but myself.
In my defense, I was among the few system integrators where we had to code in low level languages like Assembly and C to create interfaces to connect external heterogeneous devices to the main application servers, and GOTO instruction is sooner or later, well, unavoidable.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)