HP 33E calculator for sale, PARTS ONLY.
05-20-2018, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 03:09 AM by danube7.)
HP 33E calculator for sale, PARTS ONLY.
Hi All,

I'm newly registered here, though I have browsed before and find the wealth of knowledge here amazing. I am offering for sale, cheap, a NON-FUNCTIONAL HP33E calculator for Parts/Repair. Someone (not me!) attempted to peel off the keypad at some point and mangled it a bit on the bottom, and the batteries had corroded the contacts. Since the this flex circuit from the battery PCB was damaged, I soldered on some wires and attempted to operate the calculator with an external 3V DC power supply but it is DEAD.

Please take a good look at the photos that (I think) have been (successfully?) attached.

Mechanically it's sound except for the key pad, so the switches, keys and innards might be useful to someone fixing another unit. $20 will ship this anywhere in the continental United States. If elsewhere, please contact me and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Dan

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2018, 02:38 AM
RE: HP 33E calculator for sale, PARTS ONLY.
(05-20-2018 10:38 PM)danube7 Wrote:  Hi All,

I'm newly registered here, though I have browsed before and find the wealth of knowledge here amazing. I am offering for sale, cheap, a NON-FUNCTIONAL HP33E calculator for Parts/Repair. Someone (not me!) attempted to peel off the keypad at some point and mangled it a bit on the bottom, and the batteries had corroded the contacts. Since the this flex circuit from the battery PCB was damaged, I soldered on some wires and attempted to operate the calculator with an external 3V DC power supply but it is DEAD.

Please take a good look at the photos that (I think) have been (successfully?) attached.

Mechanically it's sound except for the key pad, so the switches, keys and innards might be useful to someone fixing another unit. $20 will ship this anywhere in the continental United States. If elsewhere, please contact me and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Dan

Welcome to the forum Dan! Sounds like this 32E has had a rough time....

FYI, the photos are not visible.

--bob

--Bob Prosperi
05-21-2018, 03:12 AM
Thanks. I think I fixed the post so now the images should be visible.

Yes, a rough time indeed. I got it with another calculator from a guy in Venezuela, so it and it's former owner had a rough time. It's definitely for parts only, but that may be useful to someone needing to repair another.

Dan
05-21-2018, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2018 06:29 AM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(05-21-2018 02:38 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  FYI, the photos are not visible.

I can see them without problem.
Must be a NYC thing, or the OP has edited the links... ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2018, 05:31 PM
(05-21-2018 06:28 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(05-21-2018 02:38 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  FYI, the photos are not visible.

I can see them without problem.
Must be a NYC thing, or the OP has edited the links... Wink

Yes, they're visible now...

--Bob Prosperi
05-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Painfully visible. As an owner of a 33E it sadddens me to see a unit end up like that. I am not in North America, but I hope it can be of help to someone.

(I am pretty new too. HP user since 1980. Owner of 33E, 11C and 48SX.)
05-21-2018, 08:55 PM
(05-21-2018 08:12 PM)Rogier Wrote:  it sadddens me to see a unit end up like that.

+1

I just missed out on a 32e a couple of weeks ago by accident, used to have a 31e from that series (cos I couldn't afford the bigger ones at the time)
05-21-2018, 10:20 PM
Yes the OP fixed the images! They must not have loaded the first time because it was my first post and I did see a pop-up message flash by when I first posted, but it disappeared before I could read what it said.

Anyway, I hope someone can use it. If not, I'll save the hardware to fix my 32E.

Dan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)