Any web page to buy physical book online?
05-20-2018, 04:03 PM
Any web page to buy physical book online?
THAT ARE NOT AMAZON OR EBAY

Thank you!

Best Regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2018, 04:29 PM
RE: Any web page to buy physical book online?
(05-20-2018 04:03 PM)Carlos CM (Mexico) Wrote:  THAT ARE NOT AMAZON OR EBAY

Thank you!

You local university bookstore????

Nmaie
05-20-2018, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2018 05:16 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
Hello!

What books are you looking for (old/new), what language, new or used/rare/collectible/precious, print-on-demand, ....

If you are looking for old books in any language "AbeBooks" (which comes under different names in different countries, here in Germany it is called ZVAB) comes to mind: https://www.abebooks.com/
Just enter "HP calculator" in the search field and you will instantly get 237 results :-)

And auctions for really precious books can be found here for example: https://www.invaluable.com/ - they auction not only books but just about everything.

Regards
Max
05-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Check out ABEBooks, at https://www.abebooks.com/

This is a web front-end for many (many!) book shops all over the world, for both used and new books. You can almost always find what you are looking for, unless it is an extremely rare (or expensive) item, or possibly if it is an extremely narrow topic.

Good luck, and update this thread to note if you are successful.

--Bob Prosperi
05-20-2018, 06:05 PM
You could also try ‘world of books’

I’ve just a 68000 book (preowned) 900pager for a £5 delivered
05-20-2018, 11:15 PM
thank you very much to all!

Smile

Best Regards
05-20-2018, 11:33 PM
I've managed to find several rare books by simply googling their titles. The trick is not giving up when you don't get relevant hits in the first few pages. I got hits on private individuals' web pages and independent antique-book-stores, in the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, and France. Success is most definitely not guaranteed, but my luck has been quite good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-21-2018, 08:21 AM
Hello friends,

I don't want offend anybody of you, but since 2008 is "abebooks" a sub-enterprise of "amazon". But it is true, with offerts (in respect to old books or out of prints) the "mother" don't cannibalise the "daughter".
05-21-2018, 03:32 PM
(05-20-2018 04:03 PM)Carlos CM (Mexico) Wrote:  THAT ARE NOT AMAZON OR EBAY

Thank you!

Another option is Zubal Books. (http://www.zubalbooks.com) They have a very large collection of antiquarian technical books. I just searched them and they have a copy of HP-48G/GX INVESTIGATIONS in MATHEMATICS. They are a little pricey; however, they are very accurate in their description of quality.

I have bought several old books from them and have always been completely satisfied.

Disclosure: I have no monetary interest in Zubal Books. Merely a satisfied customer.

John
05-21-2018, 04:43 PM
(05-21-2018 08:21 AM)peacecalc Wrote:  Hello friends,

I don't want offend anybody of you, but since 2008 is "abebooks" a sub-enterprise of "amazon". But it is true, with offerts (in respect to old books or out of prints) the "mother" don't cannibalise the "daughter".

I didn't realize that Amazon had bought Abebooks.

I have purchased many books from both Amazon and AbeBooks. I do find different books at different prices on each site. Sometimes I find it on Abe, other times on Amazon. I know - they probably deliberately give me different search results for each, since both sites know who I am.

But both sites are a wonderful resource for out of print books.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
05-21-2018, 05:03 PM
(05-21-2018 04:43 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  But both sites are a wonderful resource for out of print books.

Yes, indeed!
I didn't know either that AbeBooks / ZVAB is now part of Amazon. ZVAB in Germany was one of the pioneering services on the Internet right from the start: A database for old/out of print books and finally a chance of actually finding them without the need to spend days in dusty old bookstores. And for the booksellers a real opportunity to sell their books.

Anyway, Amazon has acquired a lot of businesses over the years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_me..._by_Amazon

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)