help with geometry app
04-09-2014, 07:58 AM
help with geometry app
Hello all,

The following example works fine on GeoGebra but is failing on the HP Prime.

[Image: HP1.jpg]
[Image: HP2.jpg]

The last segment GO is never displayed.
It seems to occur each time I use the "inter" command to define a point.

So, where is the error ?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 09:09 AM
RE: help with geometry app
inter returns a list of points in GM, not a point. You should use single_inter instead of inter if you know that there is only one intersection point, or segment(GC,GM[0])
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2014, 09:49 AM
(04-09-2014 09:09 AM)parisse Wrote:  inter returns a list of points in GM, not a point. You should use single_inter instead of inter if you know that there is only one intersection point, or segment(GC,GM[0])

Ok, thanks, it works with "single_inter" if I edit the command in the "symb" view.

In the "plot" view, with the drawing tools, why is the 3rd parametre of the command requiered ? Any way to skip it ?
04-09-2014, 10:23 AM
The 3rd parameter is used to choose one point if the intersection has more than 1 point, if this 3rd arg is a point, the intersection point is choosed nearest to the 3rd argument, if it is a list, the intersection point is choosed *outside* the list (this is useful if for example you intersect a line and a circle, you know one of the intersection and are interested in the 2nd intersection point).
I don't think you can skip it with the current interface, but it should indeed be possible to enhance the UI to skip it if the 2 objects to intersect are lines. Anyway, you can simply re-enter the last argument by pressing Enter if you intersect 2 lines, the argument will be ignored. And you can remove the 3rd arg from SYMB view later if you want to have a clean description of your construction (or directly enter single_inter(GA,GB) from SYMB view).
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)