d/dx in advanced graphing app
03-07-2018, 02:48 PM
d/dx in advanced graphing app
I'm having difficulty entering d/dx equations into the advanced graphing app, even something as simple as d(sin (x))/dx

What is the proper syntax?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2018, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 02:53 PM by salvomic.)
RE: d/dx in advanced graphing app
(03-07-2018 02:48 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  I'm having difficulty entering d/dx equations into the advanced graphing app, even something as simple as d(sin (x))/dx

What is the proper syntax?

I succeed here (iPhone): try to use the template -> C key to input the d/dx symbol.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2018, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018 03:34 PM by DrD.)
These work:
[CAS]
∂(sin(x),x)
sin(x)'
diff(sin(x),x)
03-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Hesitation to come back to this discussion, but no success on iPad or hardware using any of these forms in advanced graphing app, and setting it equal to Y.

No matter what I do, a plot briefly shows of the entire screen filled in the color, followed by invalid object error.
03-10-2018, 10:54 PM
Actually, I get the error first, then solidly filled screen when I press escape. This with every variant...template of d/dx sin (x)=y, d(sin (x))/dx =y, (sin(x)',x)=y, and variants using dx=x.

I missing something here...
03-11-2018, 12:40 AM
I also get the error. Tried both radians and degrees.

Software Failure: Guru Meditation

--
Antonio
IU2KIY
03-11-2018, 04:20 PM
This advanced graphing app question was prompted by another curiosity...in the regular graphing app, d(sin(x))/dx plots fine, but the function analysis choice of extremum finds no extremum on the graph.

Why does this function pose difficulties in both regular and advanced graphing apps?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)