What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
02-04-2018, 05:11 PM
What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS?. Is the HP prime Pro worth the money?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2018, 07:21 PM
RE: What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS.
(02-04-2018 05:11 PM)John P Wrote:  What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS?. Is the HP prime Pro worth the money?

One more question. Is it possible to transfer programs from virtual calc. or physical HP Prime to the HP Prime and/or HP Prime Pro?
02-04-2018, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 08:48 PM by salvomic.)
(02-04-2018 07:21 PM)John P Wrote:  One more question. Is it possible to transfer programs from virtual calc. or physical HP Prime to the HP Prime and/or HP Prime Pro?

Connection Kit and wifi.
Put the computer and the iOS apps in the same network and you'll see them in CK, than we can transfer programs and apps (send to class or other way).

Salvo

EDIT: as below Bernard said, connect the Prime via usb.

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2018, 08:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2018 08:23 PM by BERNARD MICHAUD.)
Start your Connectivity Kit program.
Plug in your Prime Calculator to your USB port.
In your Connectivity Kit select Preferences.
In the Preference Window, the first block should have the path to your Connectivity Kit Folder.
In the second block check Enable Network and enter your Network Name in the box.
Start your HP Prime PRO app and tap in the top right corner of the screen where the battery status is showing.
The Wifi symbol should be active in blue if you have succeeded in connecting.
Your Prime Pro will also download its programs to the Connectivity Kit along with your Prime Calculator. From there you can drag and drop your programs from one calculator to other or even to a second Prime Calculator or the Virtual Calculator.
If you open the Blue Folder in the Connectivity kit screen called Content, you can also save all your programs in that Folder, which is located in the Connectivity Kit Folder.

The Prime app does not have Wifi. The Prime Pro does.

BM
02-04-2018, 09:59 PM
(02-04-2018 05:11 PM)John P Wrote:  What is the difference between HP Prime and HP Prime Pro for iOS?. Is the HP prime Pro worth the money?

"Lite" vs "pro"

Lite has programming disabled. You do not have the spreadsheet, explorer, 3d grapher, finance, and 1-2 more I am not remembering at the moment.

Pro can connect over the IP network to a connkit to load and exchange data.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-05-2018, 01:46 AM
What is the PRO version? I bought about 1 year ago in the Google store, in the playstore and I had paid like $ 20, but I installed it in the cell phone and also in a tablet and the WI-FI is not connected. Then either they cheated me or the application does not work? The rest of the application does work for me, I have version V. 1.3.2.11586.
02-05-2018, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2018 04:14 AM by John P.)
(02-05-2018 01:46 AM)math7 Wrote:  What is the PRO version? I bought about 1 year ago in the Google store, in the playstore and I had paid like $ 20, but I installed it in the cell phone and also in a tablet and the WI-FI is not connected. Then either they cheated me or the application does not work? The rest of the application does work for me, I have version V. 1.3.2.11586.

I just bought mine HP Prime Pro today, works on iPhone and iPad. The version is 2018 01 24 (13333), CAS ver. 1.4.9. I am just playing with it without any serious work and all is well so far. Now I will try to connect it to the HP Connectivity Kit as Salvonic and Bernard Michaud above suggested. I will let you know how it went maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Cheers

Hello math7
I've just tested HP Prime Pro with HP Prime and the HP Prime Virtual Calculator and so far everything works as a charm. I could transfer programs back and forth between all of them. I tested HP Prime Pro on my iPhone 6+. Do everything as Salvonic and Bernard Michaud above said, theoretically you should have no problems.

Cheers
02-05-2018, 04:18 AM
Thank you Salvonic, Bernard Michaud and Tim Wessman.
02-05-2018, 04:36 AM
(02-05-2018 03:33 AM)John P Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 01:46 AM)math7 Wrote:  What is the PRO version? I bought about 1 year ago in the Google store, in the playstore and I had paid like $ 20, but I installed it in the cell phone and also in a tablet and the WI-FI is not connected. Then either they cheated me or the application does not work? The rest of the application does work for me, I have version V. 1.3.2.11586.

I just bought mine HP Prime Pro today, works on iPhone and iPad. The version is 2018 01 24 (13333), CAS ver. 1.4.9. I am just playing with it without any serious work and all is well so far. Now I will try to connect it to the HP Connectivity Kit as Salvonic and Bernard Michaud above suggested. I will let you know how it went maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Cheers

Hello math7
I've just tested HP Prime Pro with HP Prime and the HP Prime Virtual Calculator and so far everything works as a charm. I could transfer programs back and forth between all of them. I tested HP Prime Pro on my iPhone 6+. Do everything as Salvonic and Bernard Michaud above said, theoretically you should have no problems.

Cheers

Yes that must be the problem ... You just bought the Prime Pro but for Iphone, I bought the Prime for Android, so HP made different emulators for both operating systems, which I do not think. What a bad for the clients, because we are paying for it !!!
02-05-2018, 04:40 AM
(02-04-2018 09:59 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  

"Lite" vs "pro"

Lite has programming disabled. You do not have the spreadsheet, explorer, 3d grapher, finance, and 1-2 more I am not remembering at the moment.

Pro can connect over the IP network to a connkit to load and exchange data.

The Android version should work like this too ... I have an Asus Zenfone 2, an Asus tablet and an LG G3 and none of them work with WI-FI, and I paid for the purchase. It is very bad from HP, if they are not giving us the emulator, since it was paid for it.
02-05-2018, 12:48 PM
math7 don't escalate quickly if you first did not test around.

The HP prime shows always "no network found" if there is no hp connectivity kit creating a network.

Go to your windows system (win7 or higher. I use windows because I tested in this way), open the connectivity kit. Set that it creates a classrom network, I created mine called "Pier".

Once you have the connectivity kit running with proper enabled ports on windows. Then from android, if the android is in the same wifi of the windows system, you see the network immediately.

The network "not found" a little bit confusing but if you still don't like it try the TI software, that is 120$ and does not even run on android. Once you get how the connectivity kit network works, it is extremely well made.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
02-05-2018, 02:11 PM
To get the discussion back to topic, here is my description how it actually works with that app version on Android, and it is nothing special, but there might be some pitfalls.

I am using Connectivity Kit 13333 on Windows 10, newest available HP Prime Pro App (1.3.2, firmware 11586) from the Play Store on a Pixel with Android 8.1.0.

The built in Windows firewall remains active, but ensure to disable all virtual network interfaces (like VMware, VirtualBox host only network) which tend to cause issues with TCP/UDP broadcasts.

Start the HP Connectivity Kit, ensure "IP Networking" / "Enable Network" is checked. Set network name to something you like, I set it to the SSID of my Wifi for easy identification.

Then power up the HP Prime Pro app, select "Connect to ..." in the app menu, or click on the calculator's top right display corner, and then the WIFI icon. Then wait a bit, until "Status" on the HP Prime app goes from "Looking for network..." via "Connecting ..." to "Connected". The drop down box on top then changes to the network name you chose and the calculator shows up in the Connectivity Kit. Only takes a few seconds during reconnecting, may take longer on first connection.

If that does not work, try disabling any firewalls on both ends.

Hopefully we will see the new version 13333 uploaded to the Play Store soon, eager to try the new features like 3D graphing! Smile
02-06-2018, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2018 05:40 AM by math7.)
I have disabled the Windows 10 firewall and the antivirus too. I open the Connectivity Kit and I give it the same name as my home Wi-Fi network in the name box of the network. Then I open the Android emulator on the cell phone and I connect it and nothing ... nothing ... never connects. Is the version 11586. Will it be different for different models or cell phone brands?

In my Asus tablet I have Android 5.1 and in my cell Asus Android 6.0.1 and in my LG G3 Android 7.0 but never connect
02-06-2018, 06:49 AM
There is something blocking the network broadcast packets. Some home routers do that by default. Hard to say.

Note there was originally only 1 "HP Prime" app. That later became the "pro" when the lite version came out.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-06-2018, 07:09 AM
(02-05-2018 04:36 AM)math7 Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 03:33 AM)John P Wrote:  I just bought mine HP Prime Pro today, works on iPhone and iPad. The version is 2018 01 24 (13333), CAS ver. 1.4.9. I am just playing with it without any serious work and all is well so far. Now I will try to connect it to the HP Connectivity Kit as Salvonic and Bernard Michaud above suggested. I will let you know how it went maybe tonight or tomorrow.
Cheers

Hello math7

Cheers

Yes that must be the problem ... You just bought the Prime Pro but for Iphone, I bought the Prime for Android, so HP made different emulators for both operating systems, which I do not think. What a bad for the clients, because we are paying for it !!!

Hello math7,

Today I wanted to do the same with my laptop as far as the HP Prime Pro goes. At first id did not work, I could not connect to the HP Prime Pro, so I did 4 things:
1. I made sure that for all users the "Working folder" in the HP CK was the same as that for the admin.
2. The laptop was connected to the router, Ethernet or WI-FI it doesn't matter.
3. Checked if the router was selected for the Wi-Fi on the iPhone, it was not, so I selected my router.
4. Restarted the laptop.
Then the HP Prime Pro found the network and connected through to the Wi-Fi and now it works. The rest stayed the same as last night. I hope this helps a little.

Cheers
02-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Thanks, but nothing at all, neither deactivating the firewall, nor the antivirus, nor restarting the computer, I do not know what it could be. A day tried on another computer with windows 7 to see if it behaves the same. It is a pity...
02-07-2018, 07:29 AM
(02-07-2018 06:08 AM)math7 Wrote:  Thanks, but nothing at all, neither deactivating the firewall, nor the antivirus, nor restarting the computer, I do not know what it could be. A day tried on another computer with windows 7 to see if it behaves the same. It is a pity...

You might have to open the ports in your router, not just Windows.

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-08-2018, 05:36 AM
(02-07-2018 07:29 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 06:08 AM)math7 Wrote:  Thanks, but nothing at all, neither deactivating the firewall, nor the antivirus, nor restarting the computer, I do not know what it could be. A day tried on another computer with windows 7 to see if it behaves the same. It is a pity...

You might have to open the ports in your router, not just Windows.

Thanks, I'll try with that, I'm not sure how to do it but I'm going to investigate in the router configuration
02-08-2018, 07:01 PM
(02-08-2018 05:36 AM)math7 Wrote:  
(02-07-2018 07:29 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  You might have to open the ports in your router, not just Windows.

Thanks, I'll try with that, I'm not sure how to do it but I'm going to investigate in the router configuration

Are you sure that you have installed the "HP Prime Pro"?. It may have occured that inadvertantly you have the "HP Prime" which is the free version.

Check if the app is named "HP Prime Pro". If not, then go to the app store and search for "HP Prime Pro" there you should see a green mark indicating you have bought it.

Günter
02-08-2018, 07:40 PM
(02-08-2018 07:01 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  Check if the app is named "HP Prime Pro". If not, then go to the app store and search for "HP Prime Pro" there you should see a green mark indicating you have bought it.

Günter

Definitely.
Searching for "HP Prime" in iOS App Store, you can find "HP Prime Lite" and "HP Prime Graphing Calculator"; only the second one is the "Pro"

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)