New Version: 2018.01.24 1.4.0.13333
01-31-2018, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 05:27 PM by Tim Wessman.)
New Version: 2018.01.24 1.4.0.13333
Hello,

New versions are aviliable on the update archive. The "check for update" functionality currently will not find these, but that should be corrected within a day or two I expect. There are documentation updates for the Quick Start Guide and also the User guide pending also.

If you happened to be in the "public beta", it will also prompt you for a download to the release version as well. If your network blocks direct connection, the direct link can be found at "ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/".

The iOS/Android/Winstore versions will be downloaded through your normal phone update mechanism as they are approved by the various stores.

HP Prime Connectivity Kit Installer - Windows
HP Prime Virtual Calculator Installer - Windows
HP Prime Connectivity Kit DMG - macOS
HP Prime Virtual Calculator DMG - macOS
HP Prime Calculator Firmware

Here is a short list of the highlights if you have not yet seen the prior public beta releases. Enjoy!
  • Use the new Graph 3D app for plotting functions that define Z in terms of X and Y
  • Explore math functions through touch using the newly enhanced unified Explorer app
  • Easily toggle decimals to special values of (a/b)*π, (a/b)*√(c/d), ln(a/b), and e^(a/b)
  • Calculate bonds, cash flows, dates and more with the greatly enhanced Finance app
  • Improved help throughout the system with more examples
  • Improved user experience in finding functions and variables
  • Quality and reliability improvements through the system

Quote:HP Prime – Release Notes
-------------------------

Date Released: 2018/01/24

Internal Versions
-----------------
Firmware Version: 2018 01 24 (13333)
Virtual Calculator Version: 2017 01 24 (13333)
Connectivity Kit: 2017 01 24 (13333)

Description
-----------
This release of the Prime Calculator firmware and associated PC software delivers significant new features and fixes outstanding issues. This document is not a complete list of all changes, but highlights specific items. All users of the HP Prime calculator are encouraged to upgrade for the best possible experience.

Please back up your calculator before the update. Any existing data on the device may be wiped during the update process.

Primary focus in this release is new apps and app enhancement.

Graph 3D:
1. Symbolic view:
a. Enter up to 10 definitions for Z as a function of X and Y
2. Plot view:
a. Use touch screen to view plots from different positions
b. Plot multiple surfaces simultaneously to see how they relate to each other
c. Choose surface coloring options to bring out features of plots
i. Top / Bottom: allows shading to communicate shape without distraction
ii. Checkerboard: emphasizes connection between surface shape and X / Y coordinates
iii. Elevation: emphasizes Z connection between surface shape and Z coordinate.
iv. Slope: reveals X / Y partial derivative features of surface - such as minima, maxima, and saddle points
d. Surface coloring options can be controlled via Plot Setup and, for quick changes, via the Plot view's contextual menu
e. Change function definitions while in the plot view to see how surfaces depend on constants
3. Plot Setup
a. Change grid size to trade off calculation speed against quality of visual results

Finance App:
1. New Financial Calculations supported:
a. Interest Conversion
b. Date Calculations
c. Cash flow calculations
d. Depreciation calculations
e. Break-even calculations
f. Percent change calculations
g. Bond calculations
h. Black-Scholes calculations
2. Plot views for TVM and Cashflows
3. Table based depreciation and cashflow calculations

Explorer app:
1. Replaces existing 3 explorer apps
2. Allows exploration of:
a. Linear
b. Quadratic
c. Cubics
d. Exponential
e. Logarithmic
f. Trigonometric
3. Explore using a familiar interface shared with the Function app
a. Touch and manipulate graphs directly
b. View tables of values
c. Directly edit expressions and see changes.
d. Calculate table of variations directly

New Functionality (Connectivity Kit)
---------------------------------------
1. Improved color pickers using a system default window

New Functionality (Calculator Software)
---------------------------------------
1. New Graph 3D app
2. New unified Explorer app
3. Extensive enhancements to Finance app
4. Improved graphics and interface for PC version of the HP Prime. Better color contrast, hover, and key clicked images.
a. User created skins may now be installed in "<Documents>/HP Prime/Skins" directory
5. Upgraded CAS to latest version. Also turned on many new CAS commands:
a. adjoint_matrix
b. bernoulli
c. blockmatrix
d. c1oc2
e. c1op2
f. changebase
g. colspace
h. count_eq
i. count_inf
j. count_sup
k. cycle2perm
l. cycleinv
m. cycles2permu
n. dfc
o. dfc2f
p. domain
q. evalb
r. groupermu
s. is_cycle
t. is_permu
u. lll_reduce
v. nop
w. p1oc2
x. p1op2
y. perminv
z. permu2cycles
A. permu2mat
B. permuorder
C. rowspace
D. simplex_reduce
E. tabvar
F. tcoeff
G. chisquaret
H. kolmogorovd
I. kolmogorovt
J. multinomial
K. randvector
L. wilcoxonp
M. wilcoxons
N. wilcoxont
M. insert

6. User key defines have been repositioned in the key handling process. They now will be done FIRST before anything else
a. Now all keys can be defined except SHIFT button, OFF and USER key.
b. Returning -1 will do NO operation in user key definition.
c. Returning -2 or less will perform default key behavior.
d. Be careful with your key definitions or you may hide some system functionality unintentionally

7. Internal color has been reworked to use 32 bit color. This means images as backgrounds will look nicer and gradients will look nicer. Programmer will appreciated the rework to make sure all ALPHA information for drawing commands behaves consistently.
8. ROTATE command upgraded to allow rotation of GROB objects.
9. Added the ability for small plots in Home/CAS history to display fullscreen using the "Show" menu key
10. Added useful information from AProgram and Programs variables to provide information on compilation failures to programmer if needed
11. Greatly enhanced toolbox catalog
a. Catalog now adds user items, CAS functions, and app functions
b. Search indicator highlights search capability better
c. Info icon allows viewing of total number of defined functions and useful information
d. App functions are visible with application icon in choose next to function name

12. Added a variable catalog that lists all system variables. Look and feel similar to new function catalog.
13. Removed Finance function "DoFinance( )" as it was no longer useful. Other similar functions in other apps (such as DoInference, Do1VStats, LinSolve) are scheduled for deprecation in a future release
14. Improved help for programming and drawing commands by creating example programs showing utilization. These may also be used as a template for new programs created through the program catalog
15. New "Empty" application.
a. This is meant to be for programmers to make stand alone applications that do not reuse any existing app views
b. HP recommends using this app type if you are creating a brand new app
c. Access the "Empty" app by saving a copy of the existing app, and picking "None" as your base app type

16. Added support for more standard derivative form in Function app
17. Improved graphing of continuous functions in the Function app to improve graphing of vertical asymptotes
18. Added ability to do multiple implicit differentiation - ex: implicit_diff(x^2+y^2-5,x,y,2)
19. Added SUPPRESS and INSERT commands for list/matrix/vect/string. Also added new CAS "insert" command
20. Added a new date picker through system in places where dates are asked as input. Added CHOOSEDATE user command to get date input in HPPPL.
21. Added two new spreadsheet app functions - ClearCell and CellHasData
22. CAS random number generator changed to use meserene twister
23. Added →Qπ function and modified the [a b/c] key in Home to cycle through this value first, then PDQ fraction, then mixed fraction, then back to decimal.
24. Modifed WAIT(0) to not time out at 60s, but timeout 100ms before TOff auto power off time.
25. Added a new command QPI and bound to the home [a b/c] key. Allows finding rational ratios of a/b, c/d*sqrt(a/b), a/b*pi, etc.

Resolved issues and changes excluding CAS
-----------------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with digit grouping in User function define box
2. Resolved issue with allocation of too much memory on a string program call
3. Resolved issue with the ESC key in the program editor not exiting the copy menu like the rest of the system
4. Resolved issue with BINOMIAL_CDF losing precision at extreme values
5. Resolved issue with slant on ' " characters used in DM'S" angles in monospaced and bold fonts
6. Resolved issue with Android version losing first character when calling UPPER or LOWER on a string
7. Resolved issue with longer variable names in Solve app being hidden with ...
8. Resolved issue where logistic fit performed strangely with out of order data points
9. Resolved issue with using a list directly in Stat 1/2 Var app for columns on subsequent calculations
10. Resolved several issues with graphical drawing command consistency and ALPHA values
11. Resolved issue with "Info( )" and "Reset( )" functions in custom app programs not working as described
12. Resolved issue with INPUT when choose list field was defined as null
13. Resolved issue with INPUT not accepting/converting fields that are specified as Real/Int to expected values - auto converts if possible now
14. Resolved issue allowing HVars to define user defined functions (similar to define box) with a more compact sytax - HVars("foo",{"A","B"}):='A*SIN(B)'
15. Resolved issue with PRINT to ensure last printed item is shown on the screen instead of top of terminal
16. Resolved issue where a vector*matrix could sometimes return extra invalid numbers in resultant vector
17. Resolved issue with "order_size(n)" returned as part of taylor polynomial preventing graphing in function app
18. Resolved issue with derivatives of inverse trig functions in Degrees or Gradians using home numerical deriv
19. Resolved issue with [i, -i] .^ -1
20. Resolved issue with the negative sign being hard to read sometimes, especially on fractions
21. Resolved issue with ADDCOL transforming matrices to complex matrices internally
22. Resolved issues with too long names being accepted - EXPORT thisismyreallylongname12345678901234567890( ) accepted and would cause many issues
23. Updated constants to used NIST 2014 values.
24. Resolved issue with parenthesis being needed for limit, sum, product, diff, int followed by a power for clarity
25. Resolved issue with FREEZE functionality not behaving as expected
26. Changed WAIT(0) to time out roughly 100ms before auto-power off happens rather then 60s.
27. Resolved issue with line plot in stat 1 var ignoring frequencies.

Resolved issues and changes in CAS
----------------------------------
1. Resolved issue with e^(1+i) dropping parenthesis on copy
2. Resolved issue with int((((144)+((((981/100))^(2))*((x)^(2))))-((((24)*((981/100)))*(x))*(sin((40)*(pi/180)))))^((5/10)),x,0,181/100)
3. Resolved issue with int(exp(-x),x,inf,-inf)
4. Resolved issue with diff(Beta(3, 4, x, 1))
5. Resolved issue with fPart not appearing in catalog
6. Improved printing of (x^2)' or similar will now print using ' instead of diff(x^2)
7. Resolved issue with simplify(atan(3^(1/3)/sqrt(7))+5)
8. Add horner(P,x,newton) for Newton iteration on polynomials
9. Resolve issue with sum(1/X^2,X,1,inf)
10. Resolve issue with lu([1,2,3])
11. Resolve issue with pmin for nilpotent matrices (when proba_epsilon==0)
12. Resolved issue with limit(x^2*sec((1/x)),x,0)
13. Resolved issue with solve(solve([v10^2+v9^2-1,v10*v9^2-v10*v9+v9^2-v9,v9^3-2*v10*v9-v9^2+2*v10-2*v9+2],[v10,v9]))
14. Resolved issue with solve([y-u1+u2=0,x-2*u1*y+u3=0,u1*(2-x-y^2)=0,u2*x=0,u3*y=0],[x,y,u1,u2,u3])
15. Resolved issue with row reduction with parameters when det==0
16. Resolved issue with printing NOT (NOT (x>5) OR x>3 | x=1)
17. Improved solve for quadratic equations like csolve(x^2-(1+sqrt(3))*x+2) or csolve(i*x^2+x+1)
18. Resolved issue with series(Si(u), u=0, 7)
19. Resolved issue with cos/sin(2*pi/6-pi/3)
20. Resolved issue with derivative of Beta function
21. Auto-extend the field for eigenstuff, auto-extend the field for + - * / if arguments belong to a different finite field with same characteristic
22. Resolved issue with solve(4≥(y^2+1),y^2)
23. Resolved issue with $ with step if variable is affected (like in k:=3; [(k^2)$(k=2..11,3)])
24. Resolved issue with fix for upper incomplete gamma function with negative second argument, int(exp(x^3),x,0,6) is now working
25. Resolved issue with idivis of integers >= 231
26. Resolved issue with Psi(x,0)
27. Resolved issue with desolve(diff(y)=a*cos(y)-b,y)
28. Resolved issue with zeros(x^4 - 3x^3 - 2.75x² + 12x - 5)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: New Version: 2018.01.24 1.4.0.13333
(01-31-2018 05:24 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
Quote:9. Added the ability for small plots in Home/CAS history to display fullscreen using the "Show" menu key

What does that mean?

(01-31-2018 05:24 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
Quote:24. Modifed WAIT(0) to not time out at 60s, but timeout 100ms before TOff auto power off time.

Ohh

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2018, 06:11 PM
(01-31-2018 06:06 PM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  What does that mean?

CAS

plotfunc(x^2)

Tap on it, then SHOW.

TW

01-31-2018, 06:21 PM
Oh right, this had already been tested in the betas

Viga C | TD | FB
02-01-2018, 12:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 01:06 AM by toshk.)
adjoint_matrix in CAS has weird brackets; answer representation of the example on help is not of the classic representation; where diagonals are swap and the left diagonal negated.

Tracing a Full screen of a tight graph has missing pixels of the graph at the corners/topmost of the screen.

StdP:=101.325 kPa (1 atm (1.01325 × 10^5 Pa)); that needs a fix straight up;
02-01-2018, 01:54 PM
New Firmware: celebration day! Smile
02-01-2018, 02:08 PM
(02-01-2018 01:54 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote:  New Firmware: celebration day! Smile

yes, indeed :-)

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
02-01-2018, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 03:30 PM by jebem.)
Thank you, Tim, Cyrille, Parisse, and all the Calculator Team members, whoever they might be (hint: see the calculator Help tree for more names...), for this effort to maintain and improve the Prime, and FOC!

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

02-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Correct the memory of insufficient memory DIMGROB would polish the firmware

Viga C | TD | FB
02-01-2018, 05:32 PM
The FINANCE APP is a absolute blessing. I have to play around with it more but it's looking really awesome at first glance! Definitely going to use the Prime a lot more than before. This made my day.
02-01-2018, 05:50 PM
(02-01-2018 05:32 PM)Carsen Wrote:  The FINANCE APP is a absolute blessing. I have to play around with it more but it's looking really awesome at first glance! Definitely going to use the Prime a lot more than before. This made my day.

Glad you like it so far! The Prime is now the best hw financial calculator ever produced I believe in terms of capability.

TW

02-01-2018, 06:04 PM
My son is taking a "Financial Literacy" class and the old finance App was very useful. The new app - which is even more useful - is about 3 months late. 8^)

The only function it does not explicitly have is the increase in principal if you do not make any payments and the interest accrues/compounds. This is handy for non-subsidized student loans. (Now that I think of it, you can probably do this with the current TVM app by setting the payment to 0 and solving for future value)
02-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Wow! Thank you all for your hard work!
02-01-2018, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2018 11:09 PM by akmon.)
Thank you very much for this impressive firmware.
Is there any improvement from the v3 beta versión to this release?
02-01-2018, 11:31 PM
I just successfully updated my Prime's firmware using a Mac - it was a seamless, pleasant experience. Thanks very much for adding Mac support!

Previously I had to take a trip to the shed and booted up a dusty old PC, because virtual machines running windows could not do firmware updates reliably.

And of course, being able to run both the virtual HP Prime and HP Connectivity kit natively on the Mac is also much appreciated.
02-02-2018, 12:34 AM
I downloaded and install the connectivity kit and virtual hp prime using the link given in Tim's post above. I also downloaded HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20180124.zip, but I don't know what to do with it.

When I plugged my HP Prime into my PC and selected firmware update, after calculator restarts it's still at 2017 07 10 (12066).

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
02-02-2018, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 12:42 AM by toml_12953.)
(02-02-2018 12:34 AM)mbeddo Wrote:  I downloaded and install the connectivity kit and virtual hp prime using the link given in Tim's post above. I also downloaded HP_Prime_Calculator_Firmware_20180124.zip, but I don't know what to do with it.

When I plugged my HP Prime into my PC and selected firmware update, after calculator restarts it's still at 2017 07 10 (12066).

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
For Windows, unzip and copy the files to

x:\Users\username\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Firmware

where x is the drive where your user files are stored (usually C) and username is your username. Then connect your calculator, turn it on and start the Connectivity Kit. It will detect the new firmware and you can install it.

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-02-2018, 01:57 AM
Just run check for update. It will work now.

TW

02-02-2018, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 10:56 AM by ggauny@live.fr.)
Hello,

In version 13333, I see a little difference in the alignement equation 3d graphic.

Please take a look in attachement, do you see the difference in 13333 ?
Look closer the *AND* instruction alignement : there is a slight shift.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Gérard.
02-02-2018, 10:53 AM
(02-01-2018 05:50 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  The Prime is now the best hw financial calculator ever produced I believe in terms of capability.

I agree!
Thanks for that.
I think the Prime is also the best for statistic and inference calculations.

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)