WTB: HP 12C or 15C Battery Cover
01-31-2018, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 09:44 PM by oh2fly.)
WTB: HP 12C or 15C Battery Cover
...or battery shield. I've seen it referred to as both. Whatever you call it, I'm tired of using electrical tape to cover the well!

Searching seems to reveal that the 12C Platinum uses two coin type 3v batteries, so that would not work. My 15C uses 3 x 1.5 v smaller watch-type batteries.

Anyway, I just found this forum (ain't the internet grand!) and hopefully the solution to my 10-yr quest to replace that little piece of plastic. I've owned this calculator since 1989. And—true story—finding it and RPN significantly changed my level of stress when doing homework and exams. I can't explain it, but it made a huge difference and I'll always remember how that felt.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2018, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018 04:27 PM by Dave Frederickson.)
RE: WTB: HP 12C or 15C Battery Cover
(01-31-2018 01:01 AM)oh2fly Wrote:  ...or battery shield. I've seen it referred to as both. Whatever you call it, I'm tired of using electrical tape to cover the well!

Searching seems to reveal that the 12C Platinum uses two coin type 3v batteries, so that would not work. My 15C uses 3 x 1.5 v smaller watch-type batteries.

Anyway, I just found this forum (ain't the internet grand!) and hopefully the solution to my 10-yr quest to replace that little piece of plastic. I've owned this calculator since 1989. And—true story—finding it and RPL significantly change the level of stress when doing homework and exams. I can't explain it, but it made a huge difference and I'll always remember how that felt.

Here ya go.

http://samsoncables.com/catalog/prodDeta...u=HP12CBD3

The 3-battery door is 3 times the price of the coin cell doors. I would probably be cheaper to find a donor 12C on eBay, just for the battery door.
01-31-2018, 06:14 PM
(01-31-2018 04:24 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  
(01-31-2018 01:01 AM)oh2fly Wrote:  ...or battery shield. I've seen it referred to as both. Whatever you call it, I'm tired of using electrical tape to cover the well!

Anyway, I just found this forum (ain't the internet grand!) and hopefully the solution to my 10-yr quest to replace that little piece of plastic. I've owned this calculator since 1989. And—true story—finding it and RPL significantly change the level of stress when doing homework and exams. I can't explain it, but it made a huge difference and I'll always remember how that felt.

Here ya go.

http://samsoncables.com/catalog/prodDeta...u=HP12CBD3

The 3-battery door is 3 times the price of the coin cell doors. I would probably be cheaper to find a donor 12C on eBay, just for the battery door.

Dave's right, here's at 12C currently biidding at only ~$7.50 with shipping inlcuded, and it works! It will likely go up a bit before auction ends, but almost certainly will end up cheaper than $30.

These doors/covers are also often sold alone on eBay, but typically at higher price than many complete 12C units are sold for.

Doors from a 10C/11C/12C/15C all will fit your 12C if that donor is also of the 3xwatch battery style and not the later coin type.

--Bob Prosperi
01-31-2018, 09:41 PM
Too funny! First, thanks to you both for the responses.

In doing some research prior to writing my post, I noticed how cheap the 12C were (nothing as cheap as a saw buck—thanks for that!), and didn't want to make the suggestion in my own post so as not to dissuade someone from making their own suggestion.

Having that 'door' replaced is going to feel good in a way that a normal person will just not understand...I have a relationship with that calculator! LOL.

Cheers.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)