[Survey] HP users around the world
02-04-2018, 12:58 PM
RE: [Survey] HP users around the world
(02-04-2018 11:25 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(02-02-2018 08:41 PM)badaze Wrote:  @salvomic

Quebecois is the French spoken in Canada’s Quebec province by nearly 8 million people. There are other forms of French in Canada in New Brunswick. Because of the British victory in 1763, for nearly 2 centuries Quebecois evolved differently and independantly from the France French. As a result the spoken language is quite different from standard French. Different words, common words with different meanings, different anglicism. On some aspects, it looks like old French.
But written Quebecois is French.

The accent is also very different. As (we in France) are not used to ear it it is difficult to understand. Interviewed people are often subtitlted ! But strangely, on the radio or television it is very intellegible. Before I went to Quebec for vacation ten years ago, in my whole lifetime I met only 3 Quebecois (2 of them in Rome !). This to say we don’t have a close relationship. By the way, they don’t like French people. But who do ? Smile

Even in Europe there are differences in French. I was staying with a family in Belgium and after a great meal, the wife asked me (in French) if I wanted more to eat. I answered in French, "Non, merci. Je suis plein." (literally "No, thank you. I am full") Everyone laughed. They explained to me that, while they understood what I had meant, in Belgium "Je suis plein" means "I'm pregnant" It's a euphemism of which I had not been aware. I can assure you that, as a man, I am not now nor do I have any possibility of becoming pregnant.
Plein or better pleine means pregnant but for animals. In my région you can use plein as you did or to say you're drunk.

My site http://www.emmella.fr
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Alan Striegel - striegel - 01-28-2018, 02:11 PM
RE: [Survey] HP users around the world - badaze - 02-04-2018 12:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)